• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu + Degenki info 18 Feb 2009 (Yakuza 3 review score)

mujun

B.K. said:
If it's a game that people are looking forward to and Famitsu gives it a good score, then Famitsu is great, but if a game that no one cares about gets a good score, then Famitsu is meaningless.

thank you for pointing the finger i didn't want to :D

I can't imagine how Yakuza 3 could possibly be a worse seller in the West then Valkrya Chronicles, especially considering the Western friendly genre, astounding graphics, and likely high review scores.

Effing Yakuza 2 made it over and that might have sold negative copies. I fully expect Yakuza 3 to come to America eventually, it might take time, but it'll happen. If it never makes it over, then it could very well be the most expensively made JPN game that never reached an international audience. And how silly would that be?

HyperZone<3 said:
I can't imagine how Yakuza 3 could possibly be a worse seller in the West then Valkrya Chronicles, especially considering the Western friendly genre, astounding graphics, and likely high review scores.

Effing Yakuza 2 made it over and that might have sold negative copies. I fully expect Yakuza 3 to come to America eventually, it might take time, but it'll happen. If it never makes it over, then it could very well be the most expensively made JPN game that never reached an international audience. And how silly would that be?
Valkyria was a new IP and SEGA is willing to take chances on new IPs. Yakuza is not a new IP. They've tested it, twice even. It didn't go so well. It sucks ass, but I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. It's probably more constructive and faster to learn Japanese. :p

xfactor

Banned
Famitsu numbers are usually out shortly after the Famitsu news leak, and MC numbers are usually out AFTER Famitsu's numbers.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
KGKK said:
Bring Yakuza 3 to the west dammit. Port it to the 360 also if you guys want more sales!!
If Sega was smart they'd do this, right after the game sells extremely well in Japan.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just saw the scans. Can't wait to see how my favorite bitch Larxene will control in 358/2. And Puzzle Katamari = day one (edit: for DSiware :( ).

Lightning

Banned
Fuu said:
Just saw the scans. Can't wait to see how my favorite bitch Larxene will control in 358/2. And Puzzle Katamari = day one (edit: for DSiware :( ).
I'm more interested in how Xaldin controls. He's awesome, by far my favourite Organisation member.

Fuu

Lightning said:
I'm more interested in how Xaldin controls. He's awesome, by far my favourite Organisation member.
He's featured on the scan along with Luxord. Xaldin does has the most badass weapon from the Org.

Meier

Please for the love of God let Yakuza 3 come out in the US in a timely manner... and make it where I can play Yakuza 2. :(

EXGN

Augemitbutter said:
i rather have kenzan first. stop yelling for only yakuza 3 :lol

Yakuza 3 is infinitely more marketable in the US then Kenzan. If they brought Kenzan over now, it would suffer the same fate as Yakuza 1/2. Samurai games are very niche titles in the US, Grand Theft Auto-esque games are not.

EXGN said:
Yakuza 3 is infinitely more marketable in the US then Kenzan. If they brought Kenzan over now, it would suffer the same fate as Yakuza 1/2. Samurai games are very niche titles in the US, Grand Theft Auto-esque games are not.

dont know about that. if they release Y3 first, all the newcomers will yell at sega for not bringing kenzan anyway.

its one way or another.

TreIII

Border Break looks ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. :D

Sega, for the love of ALL that is good, please make sure THIS particular arcade title gets a console port. You've got too much of your goodness exclusive to the arcades already...

shidoshi said:
RRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!

If you're going to make another 2D fighter Atlus, screw making a new Power Instinct chapter and give us mother-f'in Groove on Fight 2! (Yes, I know GoF was technically part of the Power Instinct series, but it's got a very different look and feel to the other games.)

Hey, I'm just glad we got another Gouketsuji game at all, first and fore most.

But any way, since this is another Atlus+Noise collaboration again, it should be expected that was going to be another game in the line of Matrimelee, since that was the last game that Noise worked on. And frankly, I don't mind, as I dug Matrimelee (at least the Neo Geo original).

My only question? Might it be possible to put in dem "BARELY LEGAL!" characters from Rage of the Dragons again? If they're not going to be interested in making another game in that series, and the sprites are still usable, I say, why not?

Fuu

TheBlackQueen said:
Do we know if 358/2 take place before, during or after the Castle Oblivion Rebellion?
It has to take place before the Castle Oblivion situation since all of the Org members are alive. It will most likely cover some of the events that happen during Chain of Memories at some point though.

TheBlackQueen

Neo Member
Fuu said:
It has to take place before the Castle Oblivion situation since all of the Org members are alive. It will most likely cover some of the events that happen during Chain of Memories at some point though.

That doesn't make any sense though lol Roxas wasn't inducted into the Org. until after Sora was asleep. And by the time Twilight Town was created the Castle Oblivion Rebellion was over.

Hmmm.

Fuu

TheBlackQueen said:
That doesn't make any sense though lol Roxas wasn't inducted into the Org. until after Sora was asleep. And by the time Twilight Town was created the Castle Oblivion Rebellion was over.

Hmmm.
The real Twilight Town existed before that though, Roxas appeared there before Sora went to Caslte Oblivion. The one Roxas lived in KH2 is a digital matrix-like copy DiZ created, the one who we'll visit in 358/2 is the real one. The moment Roxas started to exist was when Sora inserted the Keyblade in his heart and became a heartless at Hollow Bastion in KH1. Here's a scene from KH2:FM where Xemnas approaches him for the first time in the real Twilight Town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azODOHal3S0

It's probably as soon as he started existing during the KH1 timeline (Xemnas was already paying attention to Sora by then since he's an optional boss in KH:FM, so it's doable that he knew a Nobody would appear when Sora used the Keyblade made with the hearts of the princesses on himself. Also, it's the same time Namine came to be).

Edit: spoiler tagging this stuff. General Kingdom Hearts spoilers.

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see how 358/2 will actually fit in the timeline and what it will cover.

xfactor

Banned
i just viewed the yakuza 3 trailer at some site and...WOW

anyway, i've updated the op with some minor details here and there

TheBlackQueen

Neo Member
Fuu said:
The real Twilight Town existed before that though, Roxas appeared there before Sora went to Caslte Oblivion. The one Roxas lived in KH2 is a digital matrix-like copy DiZ created, the one who we'll visit in 358/2 is the real one. The moment Roxas started to exist was when Sora inserted the Keyblade in his heart and became a heartless at Hollow Bastion in KH1. Here's a scene from KH2:FM where Xemnas approaches him for the first time in the real Twilight Town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azODOHal3S0

It's probably as soon as he started existing during the KH1 timeline (Xemnas was already paying attention to Sora by then since he's an optional boss in KH:FM, so it's doable that he knew a Nobody would appear when Sora used the Keyblade made with the hearts of the princesses on himself. Also, it's the same time Namine came to be).

Edit: spoiler tagging this stuff. General Kingdom Hearts spoilers.

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see how 358/2 will actually fit in the timeline and what it will cover.

You're right >.< I totally forgot the fact that
Xenmas approached Sora in Hollow Bastion. Still, the plot of 358/2 should, at some point, show us when Xenmas sent Marluxia and co. to Castle Oblivion. Sadly we know what happens to Roxas, though hopefully we will get to see how his defection effects the other members. As a matter of fact, the fleshing out of the other Organization XIII is what Im looking forward to the most. Should be interesting to see how Xion play into the mix as well.

Top Bottom