• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura hints at Kingdom Hearts Announcement Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquanox

New Nomura Interview: Special Announcement?
Written by Audo
Wednesday, 25 March 2009

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly has surfaced, and contained within its pages is a brand new interview with Tetsuya Nomura. Among discussing many of his works including Final Fantasy XIII and Advent Children, Nomura also drops some more details on 358/2 Days and Coded. But that's not all, at the end of the interview, Nomura hints that there will be a Special Announcement regarding the Kingdom Hearts Series in the upcoming week! Check out the translations below, courtesy of HeartStation!

Tetsuya Nomura Interview Translations -Let’s chat about the directions you’ve taken with other titles. First from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Nomura: Development is in the last stage. It’s finally in debugging now. Since the game is set up in mission modes, if you only clear the required missions, the game can be played to the end in a short time period. However, if you complete everything, the volume of the title is exceeding. I’m excited about multiplayer mode. Without having a mission purpose, you’ll have fun competing with each other. (Laughs)

-How is the content of Kingdom Hearts Coded going on the mobile phone?
Nomura: Because it is being distributed in episodes, a certain number of them is created and the stock is guaranteed when the title is purchased.

-Thank you so much for your time. Is there anything else to add?
Nomura: I’m very excited in the direction these titles are moving in. Next week, we plan on making a special announcement regarding the Kingdom Hearts series - please look forward to it.

What do you think the special announcement could be about? Be sure to tell us your theories and ideas in the KHInsider Forums! We'll keep you posted as more information arises.

Finally! One of the big franchises MIA in this generation of consoles.

http://www.khinsider.com/latest/new-nomura-interview-special-announcement.html

P.D. If doesn't get announced, don't shoot the messenger. :D

Spiegel said:
KH:BBS release date

Probably something along those lines. Of course people are going to hype it up as being an announcement of a new game when it doesn't sound like he's hinting at anything like that.

jett

D-Member
Neo-Sheperd said:
I guess its about time to announce KH3 for Wii

I came to mention that this thread will flood with wii hopefuls..but I guess I was too late. :p

If it is KH3, I hope to god it's for HD consoles. The best thing about the series is the insanely high production values.

Whatever the fuck happened to just announcing stuff? Announcing announcements? How about you start talking when you actually have something to say?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
orly.png

jeremy1456

jett said:
I came to mention that this thread will flood with wii hopefuls..but I guess I was too late. :p

If it is KH3, I hope to god it's for HD consoles. The best thing about the series is the insanely high production values.

I doubt it's going to be KH3.

I look forward to the day it's announced so you can start hating your god.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jett said:

The tears either way will be awesome. In fact, I hope its handheld so both sides will shut the fuck up

vissione

Banned
Kingdom Hearts series will merge with another universe and it won't be Disney's.

Anyone know any big IP's that like jpop and are looking to print money?

Fistwell said:
Whatever the fuck happened to just announcing stuff? Announcing announcements? How about you start talking when you actually have something to say?
Seriously, it's complete bullshit. It's like they're trying to build up hype for the announcement, but as far I can tell it usually doesn't work that well. I could understand if they did it the day before, but a week?

Has there been any indication of how much Versus is done? If they aren't close to being done, I doubt KHIII is in development.

jett

D-Member
HK-47 said:
The tears either way will be awesome. In fact, I hope its handheld so both sides will shut the fuck up

Eh handhelds already have their games. And actually, for all intents and purposes, the PSP game is pretty much KH3...

mmmmm

- Kingdome Hearts announcement next week
- OPM says Square-Enix is working on an unnanounced action game
- PSExtreme said few days ago that there's a big secret ps3 game (to be revelead in some weeks)
- Hobbyconsolas apris issue (on sale today): "next month one game of a big franchise will be revealed"

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jett said:
Eh handhelds already have their games. And actually, for all intents and purposes, the PSP game is pretty much KH3...

True, but then I'd hope for KH4 on PSP as well. I'm gonna enjoy it on any system so I can fling arrows and rocks from my lovely ivory tower

Spiegel

jett said:

And that's why they are not going to announce a new main KH before BBS is released.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an

But if it's KH3 on PS3...YES YES ALL OVER MY FACE

I have Famitsu in front of me, and I don't see the line about a new Kingdom Hearts being announced next week anywhere in there.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AndriaSang said:
I have Famitsu in front of me, and I don't see the line about a new Kingdom Hearts being announced next week anywhere in there.

I was going to say, the 1up writeup didn't say anything about any announcement.

Oh I wonder what the announcement will be. Hopefully another game announcement. I want to see some sort of form of KH on the Wii.

d+pad

jett said:

I could care which console the next KH game appears on (series has never appealed to me), but I just have to say I find it funny when people make comments like this. Yes, both of the PS2 KH looked great - but they were on the PS2, the least capable (graphics-wise) console last generation. So, I kind of doubt SE believes they have to be make the next installment on the best possible hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom