• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WE HAVE AN ANSWER: Could Wolverine survive being decapitated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fury_gets_a_little_head.jpg

Oh man. :lol

This goes way beyond my willing suspension of disbelief! Everything else, sure, but speaking without lungs to push the air? Never, sir!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i like how people are complaining about the reality of needing lungs to talk when your talking about a comic book universe where people have special powers and come back from the dead ect ect... :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
CB3 said:
i like how people are complaining about the reality of needing lungs to talk when your talking about a comic book universe where people have special powers and come back from the dead ect ect... :lol

It's called internal consistency, brah.

Mainstream shared continuity comic books don't have any of that either.

JayDubya

Banned
CB3 said:

If you think you're making a point, you're not.

Fine, not every character needs lungs to communicate.

Wolverine certainly does.

Dali

CB3 said:
I'm no scientition, so when they talk about all awesome side effects of overexposure to gamma radiation I just smile and nod. But this... this... c'mon.

Dali

Spike Spiegel said:
So he's pulling the air through his skin with enough pressure to open his vocal chords? I know I'm over analyzing it. The absurdity of it is just too much fun.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dali said:
So he's pulling the air through his skin with enough pressure to open his vocal chords.
And to provide sufficient oxygen for brain function, which, by the way, is the most demanding organ in the human body.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
this is going to end with Wolverines headless body kicking everyone's ass and getting his head back...isn't it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hitokage said:
And to provide sufficient oxygen for brain function, which, by the way, is the most demanding organ in the human body.

adantium something something.

What's this from, Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk?

I guess since that story's all weird and time-displaced since they took years at one point between issues, Nick Fury would still be around.

Wolverine's really involved in just about everything in the Ultimate universe. Hell, that Ultimate Origins miniseries blows some shit wide open.

Kreed

I'm beginning to understand why some people don't like Wolverine, besides being in too many comics.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So if he's all super regenerative to the point where he can survive decapitation, wouldn't his severed head try to regrow the body and the body try to regrow the head?

Oh if we could only have him lift Thor's Hammer with his teeth. Frog Thor was so hilarious, Wolverine-head Thor would be the all-time greatest.

Banned
Wolverine having the mutant ability to "survive" is a pretty old idea. It's how Marvel explained away some of the crazier things Wolverine has done in the 90"s. It's a rarely used concept.
You are so unfun

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I love this thread more than anything else in the world. Thank you, GAF, for making my night complete.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Well isn't there that picture of the Hulk ripping him in half? I'm guessing he came back after that.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
DrForester said:
this is going to end with Wolverines headless body kicking everyone's ass and getting his head back...isn't it.

:lol :lol made me chuckle

that dialogue in the OP is awful.

Dali

sykoex said:
Well isn't there that picture of the Hulk ripping him in half? I'm guessing he came back after that.
Well sure, but you have people that exist in real life that are missing damn-near half their body. That wasn't really impressive as far as Wolverine is concerned.

Chris R

I was expecting a picture of a headless wolverine walking around in a forest or something and got comic book stuff :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom