• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Rlan

According to twitterer The Ninja Pizza Blog:

http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-turtles-in-time-game.html

these screenshots were taken from a TMNT Road Tour that's currently occurring.

tmntremake.jpg

2ijtan9.jpg

!!!

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/05/tmnt_turtles_in_time_remake_fo.php

EDIT: NOT COMING TO WIIWARE OR PSN AT THIS PRESENT TIME. Please Mode Change the title!

Skilletor

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

if true.

WOW!!!

MANNNN!!!

SO MUCH JOY!!!!

Garryk

Damn and I thought it was cool when they had Arcade TMNT on XBL for 400 pts. Bring it on, can't get enough of the Ninja Turtles.

Mrbob

Ohhh yeah.

If this is a remake and not a port, I want the bonus levels from the SNES version.

Simpsons arcade next, COME ON! /GOB

_dementia said:
neat

judging by the reaction in this thread the game was good?
:O GO BACK IN TIME DUDE!!!

This game was the epitome of arcade beat'em ups after going to the movie theaters back in the 90's

That's cool I guess but I'd much rather have the original (you know, one we know is awesome). I think it was put in one of the PS2 games based on the newer shows but you had to unlock it and the music was different for some reason.

JSnake

Stumpokapow said:
Note that JSnake was not born when I was playing this game in arcades :lol

So? This game dominated my early childhood. I still bust out my SNES once a year to play it with my older brother.

Struct09

Not sure how I feel about a "remake", part of the charm was the 2D sprites. I'll hope that they include the original version as well.

Either way though, FUCK YES

Blizzard

Banned
The SNES version of that game was AWESOME. And that screenshot looks awesome...

TURTLESAURUS

Also, I'm gonna be a stereotypical male for a second and say DAYYYYYYYUM at the first picture. :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
robut said:
That's cool I guess but I'd much rather have the original (you know, one we know is awesome). I think it was put in one of the PS2 games based on the newer shows but you had to unlock it and the music was different for some reason.

TMNT The Arcade Game is already on XBLA. :p

Wow that first picture might be the best photo ever taken

-tits
-TMNT
-Shredder
-Turtles in Time
-XBLA omg WTF!!
-tits
-tits
-multiplayer
-she's hot

I mean seriously those are the parameters for a good fucking picture.

Growing up in a glass bowl,
with chameleons, lizards, and tadpoles.
It hardly enters your mind,
that there's something better than this.

A lettuce leaf or a carrot,
maybe a seed from a parrot.
Believe me when it gets you,
the word gourmet just don't exist.

For pizza power,
a flying saucer food delight.
Pizza power,
that power makes us feel all right.

BiggNife

Oh wow. I thought they would put TiT on XBLA eventually, especially considering how well the first TMNT Arcade sold, but I wasn't expecting an actual remake. Hell yes.

I really, really hope they take stuff from the SNES version. Better sound effects and extra bosses, plus the Technodrome which is a fucking awesome level.

Rlan

UPDATE

The screens are in fact, from this blog:

http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-turtles-in-time-game.html

At last week's Galabunga events in NYC, the debut of the Turtles' Party Van also revealed that a "new" TMNT video game - not the already revealed "Smash-up" game for the Wii - was in development. New, yet a game all TMNT fans are familiar with: "Turtles in Time." Only now it's been updated using modern 3D graphics. Mega TMNT fan Jason Koza was at the event (in his Casey Jones costume!) and provides the following info and pics of the game.

* The game is set up and directly taken from TMNT Turtles in Time.
* Right now it's only going to be for Xbox Live, but they're working on bringing it to Wii (Virtual Console?).
* It has the same music as the old game.
* Only the levels "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" were playable.
* The only difference noticed was the bosses for the "Skull and Crossbones" is Tokka and Rahzar (unlike the original, which had Bebop and Rocksteady).
* For Alleycat Blues the boss is still Metalhead.
* The game is basically Turtles in Time with new graphics - Awesome!

turtles-in-time3.jpg

turtles-in-time4.jpg

btrick

FUCK. i came in my pants.

and just after i changed them, i looked at the pictures again and came a second time.

Top Bottom