• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Rlan said:
Looking at it now, yeah Tokka and Rahzar are in the Arcade version. The Arcade version didn't have "Sewer Surfing" or "Technodrome: Let's Kick Shell!" levels.
Argh, Technodrome in the SNES one was radical. Please throw them in for the hell of it, whoever is making this (Ubi?).

Minyobi

Oh thank God they are not messing with the music.
That being said, when I get to Neon Night Riders, I better hear the arcade version of the song, or there will be much cursing.

bounchfx

Ugh, the only thing I'm worried about is if it's

1. the snes version (it fucking better be, if not, practically a fail already, I don't want it to lack content I'm used to)
2. the music remains exactly the same (fuck your shitty fucking remixes)
3. there's an option for the 2d graphics
4. Online multiplayer PLEASE or else I can just go play my snes version.

either way, YES.

I just don't want the effort to be wasted by terrible decisions (like leaving the original 2d out even as an option)

Dartastic

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

LOL-1.gif

Penguin

I hope they combine the two,
SNES version had better stages, think all the vehicle stages were exclusive... I knkow the rat king boss was.
But Arcade supported 4 players.

Not a fan of the graphical change though.

Ehhh...

I'm of the opinion that being in 3D does not automatically make something "better". Turtles in Time was a fantastic arcade game, but already the 3D version looks like it has lost some of the charm I got out of this:

b51xg1.png

I would have much rather they added 4 player online co-op to the existing game. Trying to update it... they lose a lot of the art style of the original game and generic 3D just doesn't do it for me in the same way.

I mean, am I crazy in thinking this? It looks like a completely different game in a bad way.

Minsc

Gold Member
Princess Skittles said:
Original unfiltered 2D please.

No Backbone please.

Are you nuts? The look of these shots is perfect, 3D will be so much better for this type of game. Plus, it gives them the ability to do some really sweet stuff if they make a XBLA sequel.

bounchfx

Sega1991 said:
Ehhh...

I mean, am I crazy in thinking this? It looks like a completely different game in a bad way.

no, I completely agree, which is why it better be an option.

fuck, even a shell shaded (get it?) game would have fit it MUCH better

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
andymcc said:
i kind of doubt it'll ever go to wii due to the file size of the game. Capcom recently stated they couldn't release Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for Wii due to filesize restrictions.
You know the game's file size already?

Minsc

Gold Member
Sega1991 said:
Ehhh...

I'm of the opinion that being in 3D does not automatically make something "better". Turtles in Time was a fantastic arcade game, but already the 3D version looks like it has lost some of the charm I got out of this:

b51xg1.png

turtles-in-time4.jpg

From that shot I think its got its charm still, we'll need direct screen caps, but I have a good feeling about this one.

Minsc said:
turtles-in-time4.jpg

From that shot I think its got its charm still, we'll need direct screen caps, but I have a good feeling about this one.

We'll see.

My interest is definitely piqued, but I've always been the kind of person who prefers 2D artwork over 3D artwork. I always look at concept art for videogames and for like, Pixar movies and whatever and I go "Man, this all looks so awesome but the actual stuff they use for the product itself is so... lacking in style." Like Shenmue, for example. In 2D, characters are expressive and stylized, but you translate that same character to 3D and they look boring. And I still see a lot of that, even today, 9 years after Shenmue.

And I just picture a 3D Turtles in Time that's functional and gets all the mechanics of the game down but is really boring to look at because it's all generic, unstylized 3D - an imitation.

Sega1991 said:
Ehhh...

b51xg1.png

I would have much rather they added 4 player online co-op to the existing game. Trying to update it... they lose a lot of the art style of the original game and generic 3D just doesn't do it for me in the same way.

OMG get over it! hand drawn 2d is dead! (unless it's done like braid) both this and sf4 have been a god send. all we need now is killer instinct 3 and OMG. this gen is finally taking off.

Sega1991 said:
Ehhh...

b51xg1.png

Valid.

Hopefully there's a 2D mode, though that would take a lot of work.

At the end of the day though, I've played the original to death, and it's just great to see publishers moving towards the golden era of beat-em-ups.

Next up, Simpsons Arcade and X-men Arcade? If only...

Edit: Maybe a way to get out of any license issues? Remakes = less trouble with original source content? I could see that too...

Mrbob

I do hope there is an original mode you can play in.

I don't want to lose it, as it looks and animates well to this day.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Woah.

Woah.

I always liked Hyperstone Heist better than Turtles in Time, but that's because Hyperstone had more animation frames and thus it felt like it played faster and smoother. But this remake would easily fix that problem. I'm reaaaaally interested in seeing some video.

Bozon-IGN said:
Valid.

Hopefully there's a 2D mode, though that would take a lot of work.

At the end of the day though, I've played the original to death, and it's just great to see publishers moving towards the golden era of beat-em-ups.

Next up, Simpsons Arcade and X-men Arcade? If only...

Edit: Maybe a way to get out of any license issues? Remakes = less trouble with original source content? I could see that too...

Announcing Simpsons Arcade and X-men Arcade would be like uncovering the Holy Grail of beat 'em ups to the world.............

Minsc

Gold Member
Sega1991 said:
We'll see.

My interest is definitely piqued, but I've always been the kind of person who prefers 2D artwork over 3D artwork. I always look at concept art for videogames and for like, Pixar movies and whatever and I go "Man, this all looks so awesome but the actual stuff they use for the product itself is so... lacking in style." Like Shenmue, for example. In 2D, characters are expressive and stylized, but you translate that same character to 3D and they look boring. And I still see a lot of that, even today, 9 years after Shenmue.

And I just picture a 3D Turtles in Time that's functional and gets all the mechanics of the game down but is really boring to look at because it's all generic, unstylized 3D - an imitation.

I agree, I prefer 2D a lot of the time as well, I mean as far as style & charm go, how do you top all those amazing SNES & Genesis games? Even 2D PC games are still amazing. Currently playing Icewind Dale is leaving me more impressed graphically than HoMMV did, though Titan Quest did have some really nice moments.

MobiusPigeon said:
OMG get over it! hand drawn 2d is dead! (unless it's done like braid) both this and sf4 have been a god send. all we need now is killer instinct 3 and OMG. this gen is finally taking off.]

Yes, please!

I for one think it looks nice. The original played in 3d(kinda) but with sprites. This version looks awesome, and this is from someone who played through this game hundreds of times on the SNES. I think it looks great so far.

I think the haters must be the PSN crowd who is apparently getting the shaft for the moment.

Top Bottom