• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts has a level editor.

Busaiku

From Kotaku:
The player who edits their level is ultimately creating an obstacle course for whoever plays that level once it is shared from DS to DS.

The goal, as in the pre-made stages of the game, will be to collect a star. But what will stand in their way, and how the shared world will behave, will be a surprise, courtesy of someone else.

Players start with pre-made terrain. They can write whatever they want into the game — as is standard with Scribblenauts — and it will appear. Writing a second thing into the level produces the opportunity to define the relationship between the two things that the level-creating player has put on the screen. So if you've written a bear and some honey into the game world, the bear can be made to fear honey instead of craving it. The producer demonstrating the game to me showed me a simple word-balloon-style menu that has these relationships listed in it. Pick the one you want and that will be the law in that level.

Guess that's why it was listed with WFC.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
ratcliffja said:
Dang, you stole my response.
I thought someone would have already said it by the time I hit "Submit Reply". :lol

Scribblenauts is going to be completely awesome. I wish they would do Boom Blox style level sharing, but I'm sure they won't.

Ranger X

Wow, each time I hear something about this game and think "wow, it won't get better than this" well, it actually does!

Jackson said:
more of an action than an object
not an object
copyrighted

:( sorry
No probs... I'll now buy two copies for bringing shame down on you!

In one way it's too bad that some easy recognizable copyrighted objects wont be in the game, but on the other hand it's not like there aren't enough non-copyrighted stuff in the world, and you guys are probably more than busy enough including as much as you can.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
abstract alien said:
Have you scene the trailers with gameplay?
That doesn't really do much for a game like this. The real test is if it will remain interesting in the long run. The interesting thing right now is the novelty of it, but the core game needs to be fun.

I have faith in it though. :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Everything about this game sounds so neat. I really hope it all comes together as nicely as I hope it will.

Jackson said:
it's already confirmed it is :) I'll be there showing it!
Sweet. :)

Fantastical said:
That doesn't really do much for a game like this. The real test is if it will remain interesting in the long run. The interesting thing right now is the novelty of it, but the core game needs to be fun.

I have faith in it though. :D
This is true. Like you said though, judging from the trailers and general stuff about how the game works, as long as you arent expecting a real world simulator, its safe to have faith.

THE CORE WILL ROCK US!

bounchfx said:
actually, no, I haven't. I'd like to though!
Good stuff in there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrnsOx9Akcc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIz55VIE-I

Edit: Why in tarnations did I spell "scene" in stead of....oh hell, i quit :lol

I hope this is advertised and sells well. Everyone with a DS should be getting this.

I will be there day 1 and i will be getting a copy for my fiancee to. I will be making sure all my friends with DS's (and some of my gamer friends who don't) know about this.

Could be an easy Christmas present for my mum:lol

Jackson

abstract alien said:
This is true. Like you said though, judging from the trailers and general stuff about how the game works, as long as you arent expecting a real world simulator, its safe to have faith.

Bingo, you got it. Give this man a cookie.

It's still a DS game, but no joke, it's mathematically impossible for someone to experience all the content in game in their lifetime. :lol we've done tests to see how to QA the game, and you can't fully do it, you'll run out of years in your life to experience every interaction with every other interaction :lol This isn't some PR hype thing it's fact.

Top Bottom