• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts has a level editor.

jrricky

Banned
Jackson said:
Bingo, you got it. Give this man a cookie.

It's still a DS game, but no joke, it's mathematically impossible for someone to experience all the content in game in their lifetime. :lol we've done tests to see how to QA the game, and you can't fully do it, you'll run out of years in your life to experience every interaction with every other interaction :lol This isn't some PR hype thing it's fact.
Jackson, GOD LOVES YOU!

not saying I dont love you too

This game sounds more amazing every time I hear about it. I can see myself leaving the damn thing in my DS just to write random objects into the world when I'm bored.

Is the hard mode(only use words once) available from the jump, or is it opened after the game is completed? Just curious, as ill probably play through this game a million times anyway.

Jackson

abstract alien said:
Is the hard mode(only use words once) available from the jump, or is it opened after the game is completed? Just curious, as ill probably play through this game a million times anyway.

After you beat a level it will unlock.

FoxHimself said:
So when will it launch in Europe? ;)

Fall Release is the current target for Scribblenauts :)

Shiggy

Jackson said:
After you beat a level it will unlock.

Fall Release is the current target for Scribblenauts :)

Why aren't you doing some WiiWare stuff? That service has a shortage of high-quality games.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jackson said:
it's already confirmed it is :) I'll be there showing it!
Awesome, I hope you get some hardball questions of things to draw so you can shut everyone up already.:D

Shiggy

Jackson said:
We're working on other platforms besides the DS. No WiiWare though, sorry. :)

Then I will not buy Scribblenauts.
LIE
You may say when the other games will be announced?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This game sounds phenominal, Jackson. Extremely hyped and the level editor pretty much seals the dead (if it wasn't already).

I'm still sceptical about what will and wont make it into the game, mostly the more abstract stuff that really wouldn't serve any purpose (gravitational singularity, moisture, thorium, etc), but I'll find a lot of joy in seeing what does work.

bounchfx

Jackson said:
Bingo, you got it. Give this man a cookie.

It's still a DS game, but no joke, it's mathematically impossible for someone to experience all the content in game in their lifetime. :lol we've done tests to see how to QA the game, and you can't fully do it, you'll run out of years in your life to experience every interaction with every other interaction :lol This isn't some PR hype thing it's fact.

then how is it possible to program all the interactions? is it procedural?

if there's a specific interaction for each item it has to be programmed in unless it's done automatically by the computer which doesn't sound as interesting.

I'm not trying to knock the game (i'm hyped for it), but if it's impossible for someone to EVER see all the stuff then how is it possible that you make that amount of combinations?

Jocchan said:
I wonder what happens if I write rickroll (or duckroll).
I know one thing...after you beat every level on both normal and hard, you should be able to summon Jackson.

bounchfx said:

if there's a specific interaction for each item it has to be programmed in unless it's done automatically by the computer which doesn't sound as interesting.

I'm not trying to knock the game (i'm hyped for it), but if it's impossible for someone to EVER see all the stuff then how is it possible that you make that amount of combinations?
I asked myself the same question, and the only thing i could really imagine it being like was a calculator(rough analogy, i know), except you provide something with a set of rules and objects to govern as opposed to numbers. Thats about the only thing I could really think of when it came to trying to get a grip on the statement.

Jackson

EatChildren said:
This game sounds phenominal, Jackson. Extremely hyped and the level editor pretty much seals the dead (if it wasn't already).

I'm still sceptical about what will and wont make it into the game, mostly the more abstract stuff that really wouldn't serve any purpose (gravitational singularity, moisture, thorium, etc), but I'll find a lot of joy in seeing what does work.

like Amir0x said... objects only, nothing abstract, the game has rules :)

bounchfx said:

Procedural content on the DS? lol no :)
Don't ask the magician how, just enjoy the magic trick.

Shiggy said:
You may say when the other games will be announced?

We're focused on Scrib for now :) It'll be many months before we announce anything else.

Top Bottom