• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

eso76

saladine1 said:
So we have around 70 tracks confirmed so far. We now know that the full Montserrat circuit is in,71.
There is also a TBA track based in Sunset Peninsula,72.
Amalfi coast and Kaido to make up the rest to reach 115?
I don't think so..
There must be another track or two, surely...

full montserrat is 1, but there's at least 3 or 4 more possible layouts which could stretch on ladera+camino+iberian (or just ladera+camino or camino+iberian etc)

to be honest i'm expecting new york to have many more layouts this time around, and basically all fictional tracks to be developed in pgr style, with one large environment within which T10 could obtain several layouts, with relatively few locations.

I believe there's just amalfi, fujimi and maybe 1 more location we don't know of, at best.

Not too many diff. environments, but because of the way career is designed, all DLC should be integrated in career events nicely.

eso76

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh man I hope so.

You don't need to hope, it's pretty much confirmed; that's one of the reasons why they went with the dynamic career events. For example if you don't install the second disk you can still play through the career mode; tracks you didn't install just won't show up; the moment you install them the game 'sees' they are available to be chosen for events (not the 'track based' events of course) same with dlc.

My biggest dilemma is; what to do when fm3 arrives. I don't think i will be able to wait for the second disk to install when i have the game in my hands.

blanky

eso76 said:
My biggest dilemma is; what to do when fm3 arrives. I don't think i will be able to wait for the second disk to install when i have the game in my hands.

really? I would want the whole package and for me it arrives on wednesday, my off day, so I wouldn't mind the wait for getting more stuff installed. gives you some time to eat and get ready.

I mean it would only be more annoying to discover halfway through that there are cars or tracks not on the first disc that you would have liked to try and see, which means you have to pause your session instead of just playing in one go i'd say.

eso76

blanky said:
really? I would want the whole package and for me it arrives on wednesday, my off day, so I wouldn't mind the wait for getting more stuff installed. gives you some time to eat and get ready..

uhm..dunno.
if it wasn't for the demo i would definately NOT be able to wait.
But since by then i will have seen the game running on my tv already i *might* be able to wait some more, maybe i can use the time to kiss my girlfriend goodbye :)

blanky

eso76 said:
uhm..dunno.
if it wasn't for the demo i would definately NOT be able to wait.
But since by then i will have seen the game running on my tv already i *might* be able to wait some more, maybe i can use the time to kiss my girlfriend goodbye :)

maybe if they had a behind the scenes/making of fm3 video playing during the install the wait wouldnot be so excruciating. Didn't MGS4 had something like that on the PS3?

eso76

blanky said:
maybe if they had a behind the scenes/making of fm3 video playing during the install the wait wouldnot be so excruciating. Didn't MGS4 had something like that on the PS3?

not really, it had a great looking model of snake smoking a cigarette, though.
I can definately imagine camera pans around the R8 for fm3.

Wait a minute...holy shit, i'm an idiot, i have 2 x360's... : )
problem solved, i'll be playing forza 3 while installing forza 3 :D

Installing a full 360 game takes what 10 minutes tops? I can manage to wait that long for the full F3 experiance

But do game installs from the dash really copy all disc files on x360 hdd ? from my hdd usage before and after installs i would say only like 2gb's are copied on average

blanky

eso76 said:
not really, it had a great looking model of snake smoking a cigarette, though.
I can definately imagine camera pans around the R8 for fm3.

Wait a minute...holy shit, i'm an idiot, i have 2 x360's... : )
problem solved, i'll be playing forza 3 while installing forza 3 :D

that works too :D

Iknos

Diablohead said:
Installing a full 360 game takes what 10 minutes tops? I can manage to wait that long for the full F3 experiance.

I don't think it's a full DVD either. 5 minutes would probably do it.

I'll spend those 5 mins going through the contents of the LE.

Leaf through the manual. See what tracks are in the game. Because Che and T10 won't tell us. No one will know what tracks are in the game until it's out and we go through the appropriate documentation. Yeah I can see myself keeping busy until it rips onto the HDD.

;)

abrasion

Banned
I have begun my crusade again on the Xbox forums and with Major Nelson to try, desperately to get an Xbox 1 account back, the damn recovery tool doesn't work for Xbox 1 accounts and it's no longer in use, I am happy to even pay to rename my existing Xbox Live account to that name (however, I do not believe that will work)

Why do they have to do this with the old XBL1 accounts? I just want my old username back, I have all the damn details, some little high skill database guy could make the changes in about 5 minutes :/

I don't mean to get my own, or anyone else's, hopes up, but Che's seemingly ambiguous avatar quote on the last page in response to whether or not we'll be seeing the Amalfi Coast and Fujimi Kaido leads me to suspect that we will, in fact, see them tomorrow.

That would be fantastic by itself, but he also said a while back that the epic Ferrari reveal would coincide with a new track, (and Amalfi is in Italy after all), and the deluge of incoming screenshots and cars is also in line with the scope of FM3's Ferrari content Che's mentioned.

So, tomorrow is
hopefully
Ferrari day. :D

abrasion

Banned
Psychotext said:
Yeah, I lost my old account. I'm over it now, wasn't pleased at the time though as I'm known by that everywhere.

It's absoloutely and utterly frustrating because I've been using this goddamn username for 10 years.
Worst thing is, it's them locking me out of my account, it's not like someone else beat me to the goddamn punch, it's *my* fucking account but their draconian rules are stopping me from accessing it.
They are going to pollute their namespace by forcing people to constantly sign up for new ones.
If I could just use an email and change alias that would be much better, however there is money in charging people to change names :/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
eso76 said:
But do game installs from the dash really copy all disc files on x360 hdd ? from my hdd usage before and after installs i would say only like 2gb's are copied on average
Not all games use the full capacity of a DVD.

shinnn

famitsu pics

2z74xvo.jpg

2e4b81g.jpg

34hjj2a.jpg

141praf.jpg

11l34hh.jpg

258oz6e.jpg

ao15ow.jpg

more:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1227577_1124.html

holy shit the crash

34hjj2a.jpg

and the environment O_O for a test track...wow

Edit: top left has a track with all kinds of blue paint on the runoff areas. Paul Ricard used as a reference?

saladine1

ExtraKr1spy said:
holy shit the crash

and the environment O_O for a test track...wow

Edit: top left has a track with all kinds of blue paint on the runoff areas. Paul Ricard used as a reference?
I'm pretty sure the "Crown Jewel Test Track" was a wip name for the Spanish environment we now know as "Montserrat"..

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
saladine1 said:
I'm pretty sure the "Crown Jewel Test Track" was a wip name for the Spanish environment we now know as "Montserrat"..

it is - notice the layout "Scrubland Sec 2" That's Iberian. The one to the right? Camino Viejo

don't know what the track is with the blue though

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
One of my favorite cars in the game. And an absolute beast to drive.

Doesn't handle as well as the R8, but then again, it's faster.

saladine1 said:
Are the wheel arches on that Lambo meant to be that way?

looks like it

http://www.motorspain.com/wp-content/fgallery/general2/lambo-reventon-03.jpg

hadn't noticed before. but never really liked the Reventon to notice little details.

BCD2 said:
Holy... If the connectors really look like that, we'll be hauling in and out of Ladera.

Hopefully itll be an uphill blast from ladera to the iberian portion where it'll be somewhat flat then the hairpin section be downhill :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
eso76 said:
well, not just the outer ring, there's several possible layouts you can make with all those roads.

reposting for new page

fcirtw.png

Which however explains the 115 tracks, especially if you assume Amalfi and Kaido have a similar structure.

Still, the outer ring is what i'm most excited about.
Someone in that thread even went as far as making estimates on the outer ring lenght, based on the data we have on single layouts; kind of a shorter Nordschleife.

I believe we can expect 4/5 minutes lap times there.

And i believe that's what the slaphappyfranky from forzacentral (the guy who was invited at T10 studios to play Fm3) meant when he said his favourite track in fm2 was nordschleife, but there's something he likes better in fm3 :)

:O drool.

and yeah, sounds like kaido and amalfi will be built in a similar way (and shown "soon"!)

Insayne

Hello,

Firstly, I wanted to inquire if the micro-stutter issues have been fixed? (As the game supposedly went gold recently). Still to date, all videos feature it, and for me, it ruins the speed sensation tremendously - It is of such importance to me, that I would not buy the game because of it.

Secondly, I was hugely disappointed in Forza 2, to not hear any music while driving. I can understand that some people just wish to hear the engine, but I also enjoy to have a soundtrack in the game that gives it a bit of an identity or flair. So, does anyone know whether we can listen to music that comes with the game on the disc, or will we be forced to use "Custom Soundtrack" again?

(On a side-note, i don't like the sound of my mp3's from the 360... its odd, but it just doesn't sound as good as listening to them on the PS3 for instance... or the HTPC, over the same AMP)

Responses would be greatly appreciated :)

Insayne said:
Firstly, I wanted to inquire if the micro-stutter issues have been fixed? (As the game supposedly went gold recently). Still to date, all videos feature it, and for me, it ruins the speed sensation tremendously - It is of such importance to me, that I would not buy the game because of it.
Most likely that it's something not quite working right with your computer (it's pretty common, even on ludicrously powerful boxes for some reason). Check this article for a look at the performance from the latest vid: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-forza-3-performance-blog-entry / http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digital-foundry-forza-motorsport-3-performance-analysis?size=hd

FrankT

Yup that latest analysis has it running at a solid 60fps save one point in the transition to cockpit view to 56 then right back up IIRC.

blanky

One thing i wonder about concerning the endurance races is whether your driving behaviour will affect the fuel and tires. I can't really remember from FM2, but then again all i did there was drive auto and full on. I just wonder if if shifting earlier and being gently with the tires could actually benefit you considerably (as in laps).

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Insayne said:
Hello,

Secondly, I was hugely disappointed in Forza 2, to not hear any music while driving. I can understand that some people just wish to hear the engine, but I also enjoy to have a soundtrack in the game that gives it a bit of an identity or flair. So, does anyone know whether we can listen to music that comes with the game on the disc, or will we be forced to use "Custom Soundtrack" again?

(On a side-note, i don't like the sound of my mp3's from the 360... its odd, but it just doesn't sound as good as listening to them on the PS3 for instance... or the HTPC, over the same AMP)

Responses would be greatly appreciated :)

There is no micro-stutter. I promise you. 60fps glassy smooth.

Yes, there is a soundtrack in-race now. We'll release the song list later.

It's a different soundtrack than what's in the UI menu.

saladine1

WTF?!

There's a whole "Who is Che" thread going on over at FM.net forums...

Forget Obama being the saviour, I think Che might be the new candidate..

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Update from the Fanatec front:

We have the technical approval of MS and we started the production of the electronics and semi finished components. Next week we want to start to assembly the wheels and ship them immediately by airfreight. This is horrible expensive but only takes a few days.

Hopefully people start getting their wheels before the FM3 demo hits. :D

Senua

saladine1 said:
WTF?!

There's a whole "Who is Che" thread going on over at FM.net forums...

Forget Obama being the saviour, I think Che might be the new candidate..
we all know who che is, but who the hell is badned

blanky

Fortinbras said:
I would like to know that as well. Badned seems to know a lot.

he runs forzacentral.com which is the best place to get inside info since Badned seems to know all about what goes on inside turn10. Whether he works there or not I don't know. But it's the place I check after a trailer since they see new cars in a blurry mess of pixels supposed to be a car.

Who is Che?

Some say he wears his bum bag every day to work.
Some say he is really bald and wears a wig.
Some say that he is actually the Stig.

dejay

Banned
Diablohead said:
Who is Che?

Some say he wears his bum bag every day to work.
Some say he is really bald and wears a wig.
Some say that he is actually the Stig.

Go to the GT5 thread - he's apparently a shill, a troll and the anti-Christ. All of which are true, but he gives us yummy updates and he's funny.

Top Bottom