• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flickchart - The Better Way To Rank The Best Movies Of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a new service. It presents you with two movies. You pick which one you like better. That's it.

It then creates a ranking system of your favorite, with discussions and charts built in. It's very addicting and a great way to catch some movies you haven't seen yet.

flickchart-1.jpg

Flickchart co-founder Nathan Chase adds a few tidbits:

* You can see, out of the movies you mark as "haven't seen," which ones are the highest ranked by Flickchart users, which gives you some great recommendations when you need a new movie to watch.
* In addition to your main list, you can also see your top 1980's movies, top horror movies, or any other year, decade, or genre -- we'll be adding "by director" and "by actor" soon, too!
* You can share your matchups on social networks - currently at FriendFeed (and soon on Twitter and Facebook).
* We'll have Netflix queue integration hopefully before we launch, so you can auto-add movies you come across. Direct to your queue!
* You can watch movie trailers as you rank to help remind you of the films and help you make your voting / watching decisions.

Here is a little teaser trailer if you are still confused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gq9Tj_VcBE

and make sure to add me as a friend!

Anyone use this yet?

Speevy

Banned
That's silly. Every time a remarkably bad movie comes up, people are going to choose it just to be funny.

Speevy said:
That's silly. Every time a remarkably bad movie comes up, people are going to choose it just to be funny.

Hmm, looking at the main charts it seems like that isn't the case. I encourage everyone to try it for at least a couple minutes and post the greatest battles here!

I just had Back to the Future vs. Jurassic Park.

Had to go with JP, so tough.

slider

Seems cool, in theory. But "slider" as a name was already taken so I'm bailing until another time. Bleugh.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Giving it a shot now...

I mean, at the very least, it'll create your own personal ordered list, right?

RubxQub said:
Giving it a shot now...

Yeah, you can filter it by genre, year, decade, all time. It's pretty cool to get a quick glance at your favorites. Also creates a list of the best movies (according to Flickchart users) that you haven't seen and they are implementing Netflix soon so you can add them right away!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't care what you guys think. The Mummy Returns is better than Slumdog Millionaire.

Tobor

DanielPlainview said:
Hmm, looking at the main charts it seems like that isn't the case. I encourage everyone to try it for at least a couple minutes and post the greatest battles here!

I just had Back to the Future vs. Jurassic Park.

Had to go with JP, so tough.

You chose...poorly. I'll have to check this out.

RubxQub

Holy shit:

Batman & Robin vs. DareDevil.

I'm completely stumped :lol

Tobor

North by Northwest vs. Get Smart.

:lol :lol :lol

This is going to be easy.

EDIT: Time to beef up the servers, flickchart. SO SLOW.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
RubxQub said:
Giving it a shot now...

at the very least, I can pretend I've never seen Titanic or American Pie

RubxQub

What the fuck man...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade vs. Toy Story.

*mindsplode*

Oozer3993

I picked I, Robot over The Godfather (that's right, I like it more than The Godfather) and during the next choice it told me "Make up for that last one." :lol

You need to do this a ton to get a list even remotely close to your actual list. Right now it's saying my top 3 are Jerry Maguire, Amelie, and The Mummy. That's not even in the same state as my actual top 3. It's just matching those up with crappy movies.

RubxQub said:
What the fuck man...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade vs. Toy Story.

*mindsplode*

That's dirty pool Flickchart. It's pulling that on me:

Empire Strikes Back vs. Anchorman

My favorite comedy of all time against one of my favorite movies of all time. Screw you Flickchart.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Scarface vs The Matrix Revolution :lol

I mean Scarface is pretty bad but is there anything lower than TMR? I think not.

Tobor

Dax01 said:
I don't think I can decide: Aliens or Jurassic Park?

ALIENS!!!!

And I finally got a hard one:

Armageddon vs. The Fugitive. They both suck, but which sucks more????

D4Danger said:
:lol typing am fail

:lol No worries, I just thought it was funny.

traveler

Not Wario
That was crazy. I just registered and started and the very first movie that shows up is Lost in Translation, my favorite film of all time. :lol

Tobor said:
ALIENS!!!!

And I finally got a hard one:

Armageddon vs. The Fugitive. They both suck, but which sucks more????
Eh. I went with Jurassic Park. Haven't seen both in awhile, though.

Signs or BSG (1979)?

Tobor

Apocalypse Now vs. Con Air!!!!

This is my new favorite website. :lol

Dax01 said:
Eh. I went with Jurassic Park. Haven't seen both in awhile, though.

Signs or BSG (1979)?

BSG.

This website is completely useless. Non-american movies are extremely underrepresented. If you look at the charts its clear that it only creates a popularity list. Even imdb does a better job to figure out the best movies. I rated Terminator 3 or 4 times on top of other movies yet its still only rank 6 in my list behind shit like "I am Legend" and "Babel".
The poor performance of the website is the dot on the i.

Tobor

DanielPlainview said:
The Dark Knight vs. Meet The Spartans :lol

Flickchart makes me laugh.

These early ones really weed out the weirdos. It must get trickier the more you do.

Don't worry DAX, I'm heading out in a minute. I'll stop clogging the thread.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Steppenwolf said:
This website is completely useless. Non-american movies are extremely underrepresented. If you look at the charts its clear that it only creates a popularity list. Even imdb does a better job to figure out the best movies. I rated Terminator 3 or 4 times on top of other movies yet its still only rank 6 in my list behind shit like "I am Legend" and "Babel".
Yeah this site is pretty much shit. Needs a lot of work.

Steppenwolf said:

This is a brand new website, they are implementing more and more foreign and obscure movies. Give it time! For now it's awesome.

Tobor said:
These early ones really weed out the weirdos. It must get trickier the more you do.
No, it doesn't. Unless you start filtering for your own top movies.

And yea, the best movies list for the site is approximately 10x worse than IMDB Top 250, it's pretty amazing. :lol

...but I was addicted last night anyhow.

Tobor said:

Don't worry DAX, I'm heading out in a minute. I'll stop clogging the thread.
That isn't it. Just was awesome to see your opinion change about the website as the thread went on.:lol

Tobor

CajoleJuice said:

And yea, the best movies list for the site is approximately 10x worse than IMDB Top 250, it's pretty amazing. :lol

Well, at least it's an amusing distraction then. I'll play with it some more at work.

Dax01 said:
That isn't it. Just was awesome to see your opinion change about the website as the thread went on.:lol

Yeah, this is the kind of stupid shit I can get lost in. I've spent who knows how many hours rating movies in Netflix.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
CajoleJuice said:

...but I was addicted last night anyhow.
The top movies chart makes it look like the average user is 18 years old. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom