• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 05th Aug

Shadow780

lupin23rd said:
I thought the correct Koei progression was (after Wii in this case), PS2 -> PSP -> PS360 -> PS2 special / empires edition?

I think it'll be Wii - PS360 - PS2(specail) - PSP(special+)

Extreme Legends and Empires will come later.

Shadow780

I doubt it's an exclusive, there might be some features that only the Wii will have, but this is KOEI we're dealing with here.:lol

boiled goose

good with gravy
Danthrax said:
Kinda like how GTA 4 worked in the West.

and mgs4 in the west

but yeah, famitsu score is now merely showing the anticipation for a game, and probably publisher incentives

Okay, Tower of Shadow is something else. It's by Hudson. You play as a boy's shadow - said boy is transparent - and you explore some ruins.

http://ameblo.jp/yorozuu/entry-10314432555.html

Other info on that page states that Way of the Samurai Plus (PS3 - I assume this includes the additions for the US version?) will allow you to play as a female character.

Also, Sengoku Musou 3 will be played with the controller instead of the Wiimote. Waggle fans cry? Theme song is by Gackt. 35 characters; returning characters have new looks.

jiji said:
Other info on that page states that Way of the Samurai Plus (PS3 - I assume this includes the additions for the US version?) will allow you to play as a female character.
So the US version of Way of the Samurai 3 will have all the new stuff from the Japanese re-release?

jiji said:
Okay, Tower of Shadow is something else. It's by Hudson. You play as a boy's shadow - said boy is transparent - and you explore some ruins.

http://ameblo.jp/yorozuu/entry-10314432555.html

Also, Sengoku Musou 3 will be played with the controller instead of the Wiimote. Waggle fans cry? Theme song is by Gackt. 35 characters; returning characters have new looks.
Sounds interesting.

CANLI

I have faith on famitsu.
I own the DQ9 title and it's the best one I ever played. I'm at 90 hours gameplay and I love every minute.

So, Monster Hunter Tri will be mine.

jiji said:
Sounds interesting still.
Though I liked the Shadow Tower possibility better..

MH3 40? :lol :lol :lol

let's say there exists the PS3 version of MH3, which is 100% identical to the WII version.
what score do you think it will get? 25? 20?:lol :lol :lol

Tenbatsu

CANLI said:
I have faith on famitsu.
I own the DQ9 title and it's the best one I ever played. I'm at 90 hours gameplay and I love every minute.

So, Monster Hunter Tri will be mine.
MH3 Tri deserve a 40/40 from my hands on with the game. Its just that good.

zoneofenders2 said:
MH3 40? :lol :lol :lol

let's say there exists the PS3 version of MH3, which is 100% identical to the WII version.
what score do you think it will get? 25? 20?:lol :lol :lol

Same score if not with extra praise :lol , it's all about the money hats and hype.

Xelinis

Luminous Arc 3, eh?

I'm glad that imageepoch is so passionate about RPGs but most of their titles, whilst solid, are less than stellar. I hear that 7th Dragon and ARF and pretty good but those don't count in this particular comparison since those teams are made up of experienced developers who had just relocated. I'm talking about the original members who are more than likely behind LA3.

However, I'm more than willing to accept that the lower quality of the LA games is mainly due to inexperience. I will gladly give this game, and further imageepoch games, a chance in hopes that they will finally get the formula right.

Josh7289

What exactly does "battle is in real time" for FFXIV mean?

I'm pretty sure they said before that it would not be real-time/action based.

35 characters for Samurai Warriors 3? Holy shit.

Hopefully they improved Okuni's moveset. She's my favorite character next to Nobunaga. =(

Oh wait a second I checked again and 35 characters would be pretty much the entire roster from the first two Samurai Warriors games + expansions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shadow780 said:
I doubt it's an exclusive, there might be some features that only the Wii will have, but this is KOEI we're dealing with here.:lol

It will stay exclusive for a long time, i think this is a special koei game for the wii, also its highly likely that nintendo paid for it or they made a exklusive deal with koei....after all they said at todays press conference that smw3 is a game that is supposed to represent the wii...

duckroll

cw_sasuke said:
It will stay exclusive for a long time, i think this is a special koei game for the wii, also its highly likely that nintendo paid for it or they made a exklusive deal with koei....after all they said at todays press conference that smw3 is a game that is supposed to represent the wii...

So what you're saying is..... it's coming to all other platforms 7 months later instead of 5 months later. Gotcha.

Shadow780

PepsimanVsJoe said:
35 characters for Samurai Warriors 3? Holy shit.

Hopefully they improved Okuni's moveset. She's my favorite character next to Nobunaga. =(

Oh wait a second I checked again and 35 characters would be pretty much the entire roster from the first two Samurai Warriors games + expansions.

They might cut some characters, remember DW6?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:
So what you're saying is..... it's coming to all other platforms 7 months later instead of 5 months later. Gotcha.

Probably, but i wouldnt be shocked if its stays wii exklusive - especially if it sells well...
the same situation as mh tri.

Yeah I'm not seeing why Koei would pass on putting SW3 on the 360 & PS3...hell even the PS2.

Shadow780 said:
They might cut some characters, remember DW6?

DW6 was a pretty big departure compared to prior games and entire campaigns were cut to compensate. If SW3 drops anyone it will probably be redundant characters like Kunoichi(again).

Eh, what I want is for it to make it to PSP.

Also, Luminous Arc 3. Yay for generic and mediocre sRPGs I will end up purchasing anyway.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Shadow780 said:
I am happy it's coming out, but I'll wait for the HD-console version.

So you can play a shitty version with half the characters and barely upgraded graphics.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm not going to lie: I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to Monster Hunter games and the Japanese public.

Can anyone tell me why these games are so incredibly popular, especially in the east?

justchris

jj984jj said:
Luminous Arc 3? This is the game Mikage was talking about? Third time's the charm? :lol

Eh, it might be. The games aren't horrifyingly bad or anything, and 2 was better than 1 in some ways. If they could just work out their interface issues I think it'd be a really good series.

Chromax said:
Was the first two Luminous Arc bad? I was considering getting it.

They're not bad. If SRPGs are a favored genre for you, they're worth playing. If you're not especially interested in the genre, then it's probably not worth your time. I'd rate them as tolerable, with special failing grades for interface. Not the battle controls, those are fine, but the actual interface for items and team management are obtuse and inefficient.

xfactor said:
Perfect scores from wiki

Only eleven games so far have received perfect scores. They are listed in chronological order:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
Seems like quite the score inflation since the PS2 era, or perhaps we were just too spoiled with good games back then.

duckroll

justchris said:
Eh, it might be. The games aren't horrifyingly bad or anything, and 2 was better than 1 in some ways. If they could just work out their interface issues I think it'd be a really good series.

I dunno, part of the problem is that there are about 5 billion SRPGs on the DS, and the LA games are pretty much on the lower end of the spectrum of quality. Judging them based on the average quality of SRPGs on the DS, they're easily considered below average. Considering how many other options there are, I can't say it'll ever be a "really good series".

Meh announcements, a 40 score... sounds like every week Famitsu :p

It is more interesting to watch retailers fuck-ups unveiling new games... Phantasy Star Portable 2, Way of the Samurai 4, Kenka Banchou Portable....

I liked Luminous Arc 1 and 2, ok, they weren't brilliant but they were just fine, something to play from time to time.

I can't beat the last boss in LA2 though, so damn hard :(

iMAS DS looking better and better! :D
Also, wow (but not unexpected) at MH3 score and why is Melty Blood so low? :( Will buy it regardless but I'd be interested to know what the reviewers thought.

billy.sea

Banned
Why surprise that Monster Hunter Tri get perfect score? It's so popular over in Japan.
I am more surprise that 428 or SSBB got it.

Top Bottom