• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 05th Aug

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ITT, John Harker gets insanely disappointed Shadow Tower isn't coming to Wii.

Almost had it with Demon's Souls, and now this tease. Grr.

lupinko

John Harker said:
ITT, John Harker gets insanely disappointed Shadow Tower isn't coming to Wii.

Almost had it with Demon's Souls, and now this tease. Grr.

Why would Demon's Souls ever go to the Wii? The game was first announced as SCE ip in the first place.

If that's not what you meant, then disregard.

duckroll

lupinko said:
Why would Demon's Souls ever go to the Wii? The game was first announced as SCE ip in the first place.

If that's not what you meant, then disregard.

He's talking about Shadow Tower, as in the FROM Software dungeon crawler. The same developer who made Demon's Souls. He's just upset they're not announcing a new first person dungeon crawling experience, since Demon's Souls is third person, and not Shadow Tower.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stunt said:
Is that REALLY what it says? If yes, WTF? That just made me sad.

This is why the game should of just stayed on PlayStation 3. When I play Monster Hunter, I like enjoying the beauty of the world and the beauty of the monsters themselves, since each of them are unique in their own way. That's why the game should've stayed on the HD console, so they could accomplish that beauty.

"should have"

scy

So if Luminous Arc 1 was just busty witches and revealing clothing and LA2 had busty witches in revealing clothing and the weird Wedding Gown scenes for the Engagement mechanic ... what the hell is LA3 doing?! Oh dear.

Also, obligatory "40/40 !?!?!" and moneyhats.

duckroll

scy said:
So if Luminous Arc 1 was just busty witches and revealing clothing and LA2 had busty witches in revealing clothing and the weird Wedding Gown scenes for the Engagement mechanic ... what the hell is LA3 doing?! Oh dear.

Maybe the busty witches finally decide that clothing is a waste of time after all!

Macstorm

duckroll said:
Maybe the busty witches finally decide that clothing is a waste of time after all!
Or they've replaced the busty witches with men in tight pants. Luminous Arc 3: It's Raining Men.

Stunt said:

This is why the game should of just stayed on PlayStation 3. When I play Monster Hunter, I like enjoying the beauty of the world and the beauty of the monsters themselves, since each of them are unique in their own way. That's why the game should've stayed on the HD console, so they could accomplish that beauty.
yup that's our typical Famitsu:lol

YES → 【AAA title】 ─ YES → FLAWS? ― YES →10点
           /             \           \
【lots of ads?】                  NO →8~9点      NO → 10点
           \
              NO → strategy guide from famitsu? ― YES →8~9点
                              \
                               NO → 6点

sprsk said:
You would make an awful translator.
hmm ok that's basically what i got from the text. may not be the exact words.

here is the original text from the scan
細々とした部分で言いたいことはあるんだけど、
これだけの作品に仕上げた「モンスターハンター3」は、
さすが看板タイトルだけあって気合をビンビン感じます。

モンスターの種類がやや少ない気がしないでもないが、
新モンスターの狩りはぜひ体験してもらいたいです。

「モンスターハンター3」は、
従来のシリーズを遊んでいた人には、
武器やモンスターの種類に少し物足りなさを感じるかも。

John Harker

duckroll said:
He's talking about Shadow Tower, as in the FROM Software dungeon crawler. The same developer who made Demon's Souls. He's just upset they're not announcing a new first person dungeon crawling experience, since Demon's Souls is third person, and not Shadow Tower.

ding ding ding.

I don't care what platform it's on, I just want that experience back. Pretty badly.
Sad false hope is sad :(

duckroll

John Harker said:
ding ding ding.

I don't care what platform it's on, I just want that experience back. Pretty badly.
Sad false hope is sad :(

I have Shadow Tower Abyss right here on my shelf. I know what you mean. :(

I'm getting Demon's Souls in October, because Atlus is offering an AWESOME package, and the game does look fun. Unfortunately it seems that FROM has completely abandoned the notion of actually continuing either King's Field or Shadow Tower proper. Kinda sad. :(

Tenbatsu

yankee666 said:
Nicely done capcom!!! I never tought that MH3 could hit a 40 score, i mean is a good game and its been evolving trought the years and version, but im surpised how good this game turne to be (based on score and impressions from users, im still waiting my copy). Tenbatsu can correct me if im wrong.
The series fucking evolved in Tri and that is the truth, nothing but the truth.

Kuran

Banned
duckroll said:

I'm getting Demon's Souls in October, because Atlus is offering an AWESOME package, and the game does look fun. Unfortunately it seems that FROM has completely abandoned the notion of actually continuing either King's Field or Shadow Tower proper. Kinda sad. :(

I don't really believe that, they didn't make any concessions with Demon's Souls if you ask me.
It caters to the same audience, and seeing as how everyone responded to Demon's Souls, I am sure they get the point that a new KF game will be welcomed.

They made a beautiful game with Demon's Souls, I wonder what engine it is running on..

Does anyone know of any sales data for the Asian and Japanese release?

neo2046

任天堂 Nintendo
商願2009-044806 §いろづきチンクルの\恋の\バルーントリップ (Tingle's Love Balloon Trip)
商願2009-045427 スーパーマリオコレクション (Super Mario Collection)
商願2009-046300 できすぎチンクルパック (xxxx Tingle Pack)
商願2009-046376 すすめ!炎の冒険団 \
商願2009-046377 いくぞ!嵐の冒険団   subtitles of Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Wiiware
商願2009-046378 めざせ!光の冒険団 /

NBGI
商願2009-043939 Adventure’s-jet
商願2009-044668 NAMCO CLASSIC GAMES\ナムコクラシックゲームス
商願2009-045224 ネクストプラス\NEXT PLUS

セガ Sega
商願2009-045230 bijomen
商願2009-045581 §SEGA
商願2009-047472 すすめ!∞§スゴロケッツ∞SUGOROCKETS

コナミ Konami
商願2009-043662 ジェネクスの進撃 (Attack of Genex / yugioh related maybe)
商願2009-044211 アルトアイネス\ALTINES

SCE
商願2009-046120 100円ゴミ箱 (100 Yen Gomi Bako / 100 Yen trash box)

SQEX
商願2009-045073 クロストレジャーズ\CROSS TREASURES

Capcom
商願2009-042081 LAST RANKER\ラストランカー

テクモ
商願2009-047521 QUANTUM THEORY

アトラス
商願2009-045971 STRANGE JOURNEY\ストレンジジャーニー

Taito
商願2009-045070 QIX++ (Qix ++)
商願2009-046207 §T:Style
商願2009-046231 モールスメール (Mall's Mail?)

Chun soft
商願2009-044764 ノナリーゲーム\NONARY GAME

TunaLover

How is called the adriansag blog? Can't remember the guys page, andriasag, andisag, addrinsag...? He always have interesting info.

John Harker

duckroll said:

How is Abyss? I've always read such good things, and I really did enjoy the first one (despite it's general disinterest by many). It was just so dark and brooding, I loved the atmosphere despite it being nearly singularly focused in level design.

I'm not much of an importer, but I almost did it for STA... till I heard rumors it was finally being brought over (I used to visit the FROM forums frequently around the time The Ancient City was released) but since it never ended up dropping, I never had a chance to play it.

And yes, FROM had gone on record a couple years back they were no longer interested in publishing any King's Field/Shadow Tower games anymore after they released Additional I & II and Sword of Moonlight. Which broke my gaming heart, till I saw Demon's Souls and got so stoked. Bummer SCE made them go third person, but yea, that limited edition package looks way too good to pass up, so I'll be getting it Day 1.

duckroll

John Harker said:
How is Abyss? I've always read such good things, and I really did enjoy the first one (despite it's general disinterest by many). It was just so dark and brooding, I loved the atmosphere despite it being nearly singularly focused in level design.

I'm not much of an importer, but I almost did it for STA... till I heard rumors it was finally being brought over (I used to visit the FROM forums frequently around the time The Ancient City was released) but since it never ended up dropping, I never had a chance to play it.

Abyss is pretty good. It maintains a lot of the dark brooding atmosphere that differs it from King's Field games. It's a very isolated experience where you're in a big hub driven forward only by your desire to survive. I like how Shadow Tower differs from King's Field in that it isn't really a quest where you progress and do stuff with a sense of purpose or mission, but rather it's just a dark "stuck in a dungeon that is kinda close to hell" experience. Hopefully Demon's Souls will have some of that feeling, since the world there does look kinda fucked up and lonely.

duckroll said:

Out of curiosity, wasn't Demon's Souls co developed by SCEI and FROM?

neo2046 said:
商願2009-045427 スーパーマリオコレクション (Super Mario Collection)
Isn't this what was used in Japan for Super Mario All-Stars?

thefro

king zell said:
Tower of Shadow Wii scan is out, the art looks kinda ICO way

One of the writers for the banned Nintendo site says he saw it behind closed doors at E3 and it would have been his game of the show if he could have talked about it.

LOL @ nearly half of Famitsu's perfect scores given out in the last 18 months

My 5-year-old son would have given Bolt a 40 easily, he has played the demo at least 25 times. Its actaully a lot of content for a demo.

hmmmm, I'd prefer a new Shadow Tower. to this day I'm impressed From Software hasn't jumped on it with a new King's Field and stuff.

(not that I am a fan of the style... but seems a no brainer)

TunaLover

thefro said:
One of the writers for the banned Nintendo site says he saw it behind closed doors at E3 and it would have been his game of the show if he could have talked about it.

It's WiiWare?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tower of Shadow looks better than I expected after finding out that it's a Hudson game. Using a shadow for platforming elements = win.

Jonnyram

zoneofenders2 said:
hmm ok that's basically what i got from the text. may not be the exact words.

here is the original text from the scan
細々とした部分で言いたいことはあるんだけど、
これだけの作品に仕上げた「モンスターハンター3」は、
さすが看板タイトルだけあって気合をビンビン感じます。

モンスターの種類がやや少ない気がしないでもないが、
新モンスターの狩りはぜひ体験してもらいたいです。

「モンスターハンター3」は、
従来のシリーズを遊んでいた人には、
武器やモンスターの種類に少し物足りなさを感じるかも。
:lol None of that is in the mag. The only remotely critical point that was made is that a lot of hoops have to be jumped through to get online, but once you get online it's awesome. There is no "lack of volume" bullshit at all. Famitsu may be losing integrity, but they're not that stupid.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
:lol Trolls getting owned.

Anyway, loving that we're finally getting news on Sengoku Musou 3. Maybe this'll finally be the Warriors game that outdoes Sengoku Basara

But I doubt it!

Kuran

Banned
Abyss always gives me chills when I look at the gameplay videos on youtube, it looks amazing.

John Harker said:
And yes, FROM had gone on record a couple years back they were no longer interested in publishing any King's Field/Shadow Tower games anymore after they released Additional I & II and Sword of Moonlight. Which broke my gaming heart, till I saw Demon's Souls and got so stoked. Bummer SCE made them go third person, but yea, that limited edition package looks way too good to pass up, so I'll be getting it Day 1.

I guess I forgot about that, I thought it was only Sony Europe/USA that gave developers these retarded guidelines.. that is pretty depressing to hear.

Demon's Souls is a treat however, you will love it!

Jonnyram

Lord of Vermillion II has a lot of pages.
They have a few major tie-ups with Final Fantasy IV (specifically the DS version), Romancing SaGa 2 (SNES version mentioned), and Magic the Gathering.

Also, seems Famitsu is copying EGM's style of having shit loads of ads before the contents pages now. It used to be cover -> double page ad -> contents. This issue it's cover -> double page ad x 4 -> contents :(

Jonnyram said:
:lol None of that is in the mag. The only remotely critical point that was made is that a lot of hoops have to be jumped through to get online, but once you get online it's awesome. There is no "lack of volume" bullshit at all. Famitsu may be losing integrity, but they're not that stupid.
wait what? so the scans are fake? holy...
seems pretty legitimate to me :lol :lol :lol
well 1UP is more trustworthy anyway...

faridmon

so every console, it had only 1 game to have a perfect score from famitsu, and the Wii have 3 games that have perfect score already?

famitsu loves you Wii owners, be honored

joking

duckroll

faridmon said:
so every console, it had only 1 game to have a perfect score from famitsu, and the Wii have 3 games that have perfect score already?

famitsu loves you Wii owners, be honored

joking

The DS has two.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Stunt said:

umm none of those complaints were about the graphics.............

maybe it should have been a PC exclusive if you wanted the best graphics then? free online for sure as well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I give up life

No SaGa 2 scans
No 4WoL Scans
No Strange Journey scans

Instead we get consoleshit.

... Hopefully no one is dumb and posts scans here, because thats now what I'm talking about.

EmCeeGramr said:
Maybe that's why they haven't released it on VC: they're going to release it on DS or something?

Or maybe they have trademarked it again for its VC release? (Have they done this before any VC release?)

xfactor

Banned
Error said:
I give up life

No SaGa 2 scans
No 4WoL Scans
No Strange Journey scans

Instead we get consoleshit.

... Hopefully no one is dumb and posts scans here, because thats now what I'm talking about.

xfactor said:
scans of Saga 2 and Magna Carta 2 interview is up

Saga 2 mentioned a new mystery male character. I didn't played the original, so I've no idea if he's in the original too?

Search harder for Saga 2 scans....

justchris

duckroll said:
I dunno, part of the problem is that there are about 5 billion SRPGs on the DS, and the LA games are pretty much on the lower end of the spectrum of quality. Judging them based on the average quality of SRPGs on the DS, they're easily considered below average. Considering how many other options there are, I can't say it'll ever be a "really good series".

Maybe in Japan, but I don't have 5 billion SRPGs for my DS :(

ethelred

justchris said:
Maybe in Japan, but I don't have 5 billion SRPGs for my DS :(

Maybe not 5 billion, but I'd sure have a hard as hell time recommending the Luminous Arc games to anyone when there are infinitely better offerings like Devil Survivor, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Valkyrie Profile Tactics, and Knights in the Nightmare.

Top Bottom