• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRÜTAL LEGEND official thread of umlauts and schaferian awesomeness

15ch9c0.jpg

2hi17xl.jpg

2hd2kps.png

o7veoi.png

BRÜTAL LEGEND follows the story of Eddie Riggs (voiced by Jack Black and named after Eddie the Head and Derek Riggs), who is the
world's best roadie for the world's worst 'heavy metal' band, Kabbage Boy. After a freak onstage accident and a little bit of demon blood,
Eddie finds himself in an ancient world of metal! Immediately faced with a bunch of scary looking judas priests, Eddie decides that he better
be the slayer or he will meet an early megadeth. With guitar Clementine by his side and an awesome ride in "The Deuce", Eddie finally has his
chance to kill 'em all, win the heart of the iron maidens and become a brutal legend.

242d474.jpg

eq8t8o.png

290uhjl.png

287ggsi.png

2epspvn.png

rjm8i1.png

2czebfn.png

2q87uyd.png

2zyzf9c.jpg

[ Buy Psychonauts ] --- [ Follow Tim on Twitter ] --- [ G4 Video Special on Double Fine ] --- [ 1UP Schafer Interview ] --- [ Schafer on Fallon ]

34eyiky.png

35lywjb.jpg

f36f5w.jpg

2n71kyx.jpg

w20gub.jpg

okv2ah.jpg

2e3sf3m.png

2s84q9t.jpg

BRÜTAL LEGEND will feature 108 heavy metal tracks from 75 different bands, selected by Schafer as listed below, each song being a
"completely sincere choice" by Schafer, with the whole track list being "designed to be loved by Metal fans." Schafer sought to include
songs from every sub-genre of metal, including classic heavy metal, industrial metal, and doom metal, with each faction in the game favoring
a specific type. Though Schafer and others on the Double Fine team had vast knowledge of specific types of metal, they turned to a used-CD
store owner named Alan who had "encyclopedic knowledge" of the entire genre, and who provided the team with sample CDs to help them select
the music. Schafer also credits Black with some of the music selections for the game.

vhb0yh.png

2n8vsc7.png

2ivcspg.png

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
whoa, nice! good work.

since my other thread about the new multiplayer vids has been rendered obsolete by this thread, here's some stuff on the multiplayer side of the game:

Rez said:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60707

The above's a good look at the lite-action-RTS elements of Brutal Legend in the form of a multiplayer tutorial. Keep in mind that this will all be slowly introduced to you throughout the game.

I like how things like the double team attacks were taught to you really early on in the demo, and seem to be vital later in the game once more layers to the combat become apparent.

The possibilities with the story and presentation on top of this large-scale gameplay is amazing (think epic- climactic moments against giant enemy monsters, or getting your own giant unit - like the giant metal beast from the intro, perhaps? - to annihilate the enemy). Can't wait.

GWX

Great OP.

Really excited for this game, but kinda hopeless because they didn't even confirm the existence of a PC version. All they say is "We didn't say that there won't have a PC version", or something like that.

:/

methodman

Banned
Damn these OP's are getting better every time I come in a thread for new games. Great fucking work dude!

Day 1.

EazyB

Banned
Good job on the OP.

Can't wait for this game, it's going to be undoubtedly awesome. Hope EA continues to market it so it has a chance of selling.

How are the preorders for this game? If that is any telling if it is going to sell.

I have a feeling Double fine are working on brutal legend 2 right now as Tim said they are not working on Psychonauts 2 :/

corpserot

Probably my most anticipated game ever, since I love Psychonauts and of course metal.

Hope the PS3 audio issues in the demo get resolved at retail. :(

MMaRsu

Banned
This game is going to fucking ROOOOOOOOOOOOCK.
Already have it pre-ordered, something I never do for games.
Ps3 sound issues are supposedly already solved.

Can't fucking wait! There are not enough cool action adventure games with a personal twist these days.

Good OP too Buckethead, yet if I were you I would post the developer walkthroughs with Tim ( from IGN ). Those are cool and show some of the open world/customization stuff.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
corpserot said:
Probably my most anticipated game ever, since I love Psychonauts and of course metal.

Hope the PS3 audio issues in the demo get resolved at retail. :(
I believe they have commented on Twitter and said that they are aware of the issues.

In any case, I wouldn't worry. ;)

HiResDes

MightyHedgehog said:
It's a damned shame that this game's soundtrack lacks Maiden (and Metallica and Dio and...so on). Still, it should be a fun ride.
I'm sick of them really...I'm glad I'll be hearing some great new metal for the first time through this game.

corpserot

Rez said:
I believe they have commented on Twitter and said that they are aware of the issues.

In any case, I wouldn't worry. ;)
Awesome, looks like it's going to be an excellent Rocktober.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
NICE!! I've got the game pre-ordered and can't wait to play it!

Barrett2

Triz said:
thank you toys r us, you have found a way for me to pick up this awesome game.

Yep. Couldn't justify this as a standalone purchase, but the TRU deal is like a signal from heaven..... buy this game.

Minamu

I downloaded the 360 demo today to compare it with the ps3 demo & besides the Double Fine voice at the beginning, I didn't notice anything different beyond a tiny bit of stuttering when the camera sweeps across that first big tower of skeletons, on the ps3. In my mind, that doesn't merit a preorder transfer imho. Will wait for reviews for that.

Can't wait!

The music consultant was Allan at Aquarius Records in San Francisco. Aquarius bought my Joust arcade machine which you can play at the store (along w/ Tron and Rastan). Glad to see King Diamond made it into the sountrack.

Day 1.

Estival

The heavy metal and RTS elements turned me off of this initially, but I tried the demo and I liked the humor and the combat enough to justify a purchase or at least a rental.

Is there any co-op multiplayer, or is it all competitive?

SPACECADET said:
nice OP. the schafer on fallon link didn't work for me though.
He's on tomorrow. It's a placeholder.

And there's stuff I'm going to add, just a heads up. It'll be up in a couple hours.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the 360 version is region free or an Asian version is released, because I am really looking forward to this game.

Assuming that there is no way to play the game on a Japanese 360, how is the PS3 version turning out? Has anyone compared the demos? If they play comparatively I may just get the PS3 version.

Top Bottom