• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you pay $1000 for Persona 5 if Lady Gaga composed the soundtrack?

duckroll

So I was thinking, Meguro kinda sucks now. After his disappointing SMT SJ soundtrack, I have lost all faith in him. But this isn't about him, it's about making Persona HUGE! I think this could really work.

Now, Lady Gaga is a great musician, and her music really fits the Persona series. What can we do to make this happen? Simple. If 10,000 Persona fans each took a thousand bucks each, and we put it all together, that would be 10 million dollars. We just have to take this ten mission dollars, put it in a package along with all the Lady Gaga's CDs, and send it to Atlus Japan with a single message: "Persona 5 OST plz."

I totally think this could work. It'll be awesome! And it gets better! After Lady Gaga composes and sings for the Persona 5 OST, Kaneko can design like 20 costumes the various music videos for the singles on the album which will get videos! And Soejima can illustrate the cover of the singles and the album! Persona 5 will sell twice as much in the US now! It's win-win for everyone!

1000 dollars is NOT a high price to pay to make this dream happen! I'm in, anyone else? :eek:

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Go to bed, Duckroll. You were only having a nightmare...

Fuck no. I'd actually NEVER buy it if Atlus did this.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

......... . ........................ .........................wat.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This thread will go down a lot differently than it would have if Duckroll's name weren't in red.

duckroll

BocoDragon said:
This thread will go down a lot differently than it would have if Duckroll's name weren't in red.

Would it? I don't see it stopping people from making fun of the thread or mocking my suggestion! I honestly think it's a good idea! Come on guys, be more supportive. Where are the Persona fans? I know they'll agree with me! :D

Mega Mike

Banned
633676901891037680-donotwant.jpg

androvsky

duckroll said:
So I was thinking, Meguro kinda sucks now. After his disappointing SMT SJ soundtrack, I have lost all faith in him. But this isn't about him, it's about making Persona HUGE! I think this could really work.

Now, Lady Gaga is a great musician, and her music really fits the Persona series. What can we do to make this happen? Simple. If 10,000 Persona fans each took a thousand bucks each, and we put it all together, that would be 10 million dollars. We just have to take this ten mission dollars, put it in a package along with all the Lady Gaga's CDs, and send it to Atlus Japan with a single message: "Persona 5 OST plz."

I totally think this could work. It'll be awesome! And it gets better! After Lady Gaga composes and sings for the Persona 5 OST, Kaneko can design like 20 costumes the various music videos for the singles on the album which will get videos! And Soejima can illustrate the cover of the singles and the album! Persona 5 will sell twice as much in the US now! It's win-win for everyone!

1000 dollars is NOT a high price to pay to make this dream happen! I'm in, anyone else? :eek:

Wait, does this mean for the low, low price of $10 million, I could have Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" as the intro to Demon's Souls 2?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dont know why you guys are so pissed. Ask this question. Do you prefer engrish pop music or pop music in actual english?

duckroll

androvsky said:
Wait, does this mean for the low, low price of $10 million, I could have Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" as the intro to Demon's Souls 2?

I think you could probably invest less into that idea. The licensing cost of the song is probably a lot lower than that. The real question though, is whether it would fit. I guess it could if you use it solely for contrast with the opening FMV, but Lady Gaga's music actually FITS the sort of game and musical direction Persona goes for these days!

Aaron

Honestly, I think this is a good idea. Persona/Lady Gaga total cross promotion is actually a good fit. Stick her in the game in the Elizabeth role. Have her dress like various demons for her showings. Do a CG/Live action blend music video. Sales would be crazy.

udivision

duckroll said:
I think you could probably invest less into that idea. The licensing cost of the song is probably a lot lower than that. The real question though, is whether it would fit. I guess it could if you use it solely for contrast with the opening FMV, but Lady Gaga's music actually FITS the sort of game and musical direction Persona goes for these days!

Dude, did you accidentally this thread or something?

I used to think you were so cool. :(

duckroll

udivision said:
Dude, did you accidentally this thread or something?

I used to think you were so cool. :(

Luckily I don't really care if someone who uses crappy memes thinks if I'm cool or not. I'm willing to sit through all the initial "lulz" and wait until actual Persona fans start posting here and discussing this with me! :D

udivision

Conflict NZ said:
I... don't get it.

Nothing to get. Just a duck who has finally quacked.

duckroll said:
Luckily I don't really care if someone who uses crappy memes thinks if I'm cool or not. I'm willing to sit through all the initial "lulz" and wait until actual Persona fans start posting here and discussing this with me! :D

Oh... well. Hmm, I do think Persona 3 & 4's songs were kind of catchy. I've never heard anything fom Lady Gaga aside from "My Lumps" so... I think I should probably leave this thread and let the real fans in.

Monocle

Firestorm said:
I wouldn't pay $1000
But I would make it my first Persona purchase
I'd buy two. In all honesty, if Lady Gaga composed just one original track for a video game the awesome would blow my mind.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How about we take that $10 Million, and buy Atlus? Are they a public company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange? I am sure we can do a quick and hostile take over. I always wanted gaf to buy a game company for the hell of it :lol

DigiMish

Your idea of 10,000 Persona fans each taking a thousand bucks and pitching it in is just... no. That's not how things work. Once can dream though, I suppose.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This is why you're stuck posting grand yet utterly inefficient dreams on a gaming forum duck.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think the amount of innuendo would get the game rated M, which is probably pretty bad for Atlus' sales.

Edit: Nevermind, they're already M.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Nirolak said:
I think the amount of innuendo would get the game rated M, which is probably pretty bad for Atlus' sales.
That's ok they'd probably print 5 copies anyway.

Top Bottom