• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 28: Have a Heapin' Helpin' Of Our Hospitality, Win L4D

Production Note: For the sake of authenticity, this episode was recorded over CB Radio.

Listen for a chance to win one of three copies of Left 4 Dead!

Direct Download: http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast28.mp3

SEGMENT ONE: Santa Better Knock First 'Round These Parts

Doug and Kevin welcome Thor and Jaybo, our guests from the faraway land of Kentucky, as we get rowdy talking about firearms, moonshine, Hillbilly Hijinks, redneck habits, homemade explosives, and the warm glow of animal love. TRIVIA: In Kentucky, a hammer is like the towel from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

SEGMENT TWO: Indefensible! and Listener Comments

(1:03:10) Indefensible! Doug gets Clippy with it.

(1:14:35) Listener Comments. The $2000 gaming PC myth, the strange tactical planning behind mass gangbang videos, comic books, PSP Go and repurchasing games, bad Christmas stories.

(1:55:00) NOT REALLY A CONTEST. We're giving away three copies of Left 4 Dead for Christmas. Here's our Steam profile page:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/borecast

I had to make a painful decision. The show has a sort of split personality, but bouncing back and forth between here and OT would probably just cause more confusion. We get twice the views and comments up here, so I had to go with it. Plus, we're giving away games this time, and most of the listener comments are about games.

I'm sorry :(

Note about NOT REALLY A CONTEST: We can't gift a copy of L4D if you already own it, so keep that in mind. You're welcome to add us as a Steam friend anyway, though!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Eel O'Brian said:
I had to make a painful decision. The show has a sort of split personality, but bouncing back and forth between here and OT would probably just cause more confusion. We get twice the views and comments up here, so I had to go with it. Plus, we're giving away games this time, and most of the listener comments are about games.

I'm sorry :(

Note about NOT REALLY A CONTEST: We can't gift a copy of L4D if you already own it, so keep that in mind. You're welcome to add us as a Steam friend anyway, though!
Whore!

For some stupid reason I can't add you to my Steam friends list with either browser on my iPhone. But I'll try again when I get home in a couple hours

Kevtones

Finally got a chance to listen to 27 and I should tell Kevin that if he liked Dead Space Extraction, the new Resident Evil shooter is pretty awesome. If you're a longtime fan of the series you'll be in love with the RE2 section.

Shambles

ElectricBlue187 said:
For some stupid reason I can't add you to my Steam friends list with either browser on my iPhone. But I'll try again when I get home in a couple hours

It seems you can't add friends until you buy a game from Steam. That's pretty lame.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Drinky: If the Airport Extreme is in Bridge Mode(Bottom drop-down menu in the Internet tab), it should act simply as a wireless access point for your existing LAN and shit like port double-forwarding or MAC cloning are completely unnecessary.

Couldn't you just get the left4dead 2 demo and then add friends?

hito: I was pretty crabby during that cast, I'm going to try to be nicer and more constructive this time. Same amount of snark overall, with a bit less sweeping generalizations and more focused criticism.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Fragamemnon said:
hito: I was pretty crabby during that cast, I'm going to try to be nicer and more constructive this time. Same amount of snark overall, with a bit less sweeping generalizations and more focused criticism.
Aw, I want more bile not less.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
missed this thread yesterday, the hell the is wrong with me

downloading

dionysus

Yaldog
So if I want an assault rifle, what should I get if my main criteria is cheap, readily available ammo? Is any ammo readily available right now? When I was in the market a year ago prices for guns and ammo were ridiculous, so I held off. I was thinking an AR-15 would be the best. One of my friends keeps advocating a m1a scout.

And more Fragamemnon is always a good thing.

So what GAF accounts correspond with the voices on the podcast?

tehjaybo

dionysus said:
So if I want an assault rifle, what should I get if my main criteria is cheap, readily available ammo? Is any ammo readily available right now? When I was in the market a year ago prices for guns and ammo were ridiculous, so I held off. I was thinking an AR-15 would be the best. One of my friends keeps advocating a m1a scout.

And more Fragamemnon is always a good thing.

So what GAF accounts correspond with the voices on the podcast?

I am Jason, I don't really post on GAF anymore, I'm more about the other forum.

As for an assault rifle, to be honest with you, I don't know a ton about them. I keep plinker rifles around for fun, and handguns for defense. I need to buy a good rifle, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Also, ammo availability really just comes down to where you live, and where you can order from. You can find just about anything you want online, given you know where to look. If my internet did not decide to enjoy testicles, I'd be able to be a little more informative on some of this stuff... however, it's not doing so well.

As for a rifle of choice, it just comes down to what you want to do with it. You say cheap, readily available ammo. Well, good fucking luck right now. All the rednecks (and believe me, I am far from "redneck" even though my voice may sound backwoods) are stockpiling ammo because "BAMMAS GUNNA TAKE ER GENS". I can't even go to Wal-Mart to get some ammo on the cheap to throw through my 1911. It makes me very sad.

That being said, available is usually whatever isn't popular, but with guns that's not so easy. I figure you'll have to go for something chambered in .223, because while it's popular, it's also what is produced more. So pretty much any of your generic AR15 style guns are going to fit the bill. Gun choice really comes down to personal opinion, as most guns wouldn't really make it out the door if they weren't accurate and dependable.

The way you talk about it, it makes me think you want something that is semi-automatic, not bolt action or some other form of single shot. Like I said, whatever you really like is what's gonna suit you. I was reading up on some nice rifles in a magazine I got, but unfortunately I left it at work. When I go in tomorrow, I'll take a look at it for you.

And since you folk didn't get to see my "Post yer guns" thread, here's my post from it.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2d7u5x5.jpg

Also, I just put a small red dot on that GSG. If I had my camera, I'd show you. But it's in the car. And it's cold. So, sorry.

Top Bottom