• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 1.13 patch up on PTR

Defcon

Banned
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730644778&sid=3000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Patch 1.13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new Mystery has been revealed!

- Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again,
that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies
within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil
to the Throne of Destruction...

Major Bugs

- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.

Minor Bugs

- Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be killed before spawning summoned minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the window loses and then regains focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in windowed mode when it lost focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn't center properly when it was created.

Specific changes/improvements

- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty.
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
- Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items required for Uber Tristam.
- Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
- Nightmare/Hell WilloWisps champions/uniques have had their damage greatly reduced.
- Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal's summoned minions no longer give experience.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
- Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana globes by clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
- Updated two Act 5 mercenary names to Klar and Tryneus.
- When creating a single player game, pressing the 'Enter' key now automatically creates a Hell difficulty game if possible.
- When creating a game, each difficulty button is now bound to a unique key: Normal 'R', Nightmare 'N', and Hell 'H'.
- The 'Enter Chat' Button in the battle.net waiting room is now bound to the 'Enter' key.
- Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
- Added new command line parameter '-nofixaspect' which allows users to not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 when maximizing windowed mode. This lets the game 'stretch' to fill your monitor.
- Added support for '-sndbkg' command line switch. This enables sound in background.
- Added support for '-nosound', '-window', and '-windowed' command line options.

Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes

Amazon

-Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
-Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.

Assassin

-Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.

Barbarian

-Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
-Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.

Paladin

-Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.

Druid

-Werebear - Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
-Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
-Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.

Necromancer

-Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer loses life when golem takes damage).
-Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100% to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
-Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.

Sorceress

-Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and Blaze and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Blaze - Synergy receives 2% damage per point of Firewall and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
-Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
-Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
-Lightning Mastery - Reduced overall effect by 15%.

Novella

Banned
Blizzard said:
- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty.
- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
In a frightening twist, I'm going to be playing Diablo 2 this break.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MMaRsu said:
Trolling console users is allowed now? :\
Now? It always was. Its on GAF DNA.

Im amazed that Blizzard keeps patching the game. Mad props to them.

Eh.

Only thing that really effects me extensively is respec. I don't have any characters on the hell difficulty on here anyway.

Wasn't there already support for -window and -windowed? That's how I always run the game.

goddamn it stupid battle.net can't identify my version i gotta uninstall, re-download them from my blizzard account, and reinstall them

Calidor

Peronthious said:
Eh.

Only thing that really effects me extensively is respec. I don't have any characters on the hell difficulty on here anyway.

Wasn't there already support for -window and -windowed? That's how I always run the game.

tThe thing is that now you have widescreen supoport (the 4:3 is not fixed anymore while windowed or not)

BTW:

There are four new items to be found:
Twisted Essence of Suffering(Andy/Duriel)
Charged Essense of Hatred(Meph)
Burning Essence of Terror(Diablo)
Festering Essence of Destruction(Baal)

Found at random at the Hell Bosses in the brackets.

Once you have one of each, cube them to get a Token of Absolution

Which allows you to respec both stats and skills on right click.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
epmode said:
So the respecs are limited then? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the patch note.
It sounds like you only get one FREE respec. You can probably pay for it whenever, I think.

Interesting. I just got a laptop and am in the process of downloading Diablo 2 from Blizzard (I entered my serial a while back hoping to get into the SC2 Beta). It is version 1.12A according to the filename.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Yes I need to see scaling to see if I should dig through piles of shit for the boxes..

Im playing on a 28 screen and the crappy old res looked horrible..

KillerAJD

Damnit, I wish I didn't lose my LoD CD sleeve...which conveniently had my CD-key on it :/ I miss this game so damn much, and I have no extra cash to buy it again.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
What does this mean?

Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).

If thats not real widescreen then this patch just failed. It was what i was most looking forward to.

Cool... it's not quite time for my bi-annual Diablo II runthrough, though.

In a few months my friends and I will tackle it again. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Defcon said:

Goddamn, fucking finally. It took... two fucking years... to give us this and a bigger stash?

BLIZZTIME!

Minsc

Gold Member
Metalic Sand said:
What does this mean?

Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).

If thats not real widescreen then this patch just failed. It was what i was most looking forward to.

I believe it means you can run the game windowed at any size you want in the 4:3 proportion, rather just in an 800x600 window. The game won't actually show any more content than before, but it will enlarge it so you don't have to play in a teeny window on a 16:9 monitor. That's my guess anyway.

I don't think there was ever any chance of a true widescreen patch, or a complete redo of the entire game w/ higher resolution assets like some people were thinking.

TheSeks said:
Goddamn, fucking finally. It took... two fucking years... to give us this and a bigger stash?

BLIZZTIME!

The larger stash got axed afaik.

NeoUltima

aznpxdd said:
Anyone got a screen on how it looks with the new scaling?
...garbage. unless I am doing it wrong(put it windowed mode, hit maximize, which you could not do in past)...All it does it stretch it basically...I'll just stick to having a fucked up aspect ratio in full screen(or play in small window).

I thought they were going to put something in to make it full screen, with black bars on side. Not some "you can maximize the window now!" shit. All of the in-game options are still the same.

Very disappointing.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cn9zbq.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, wow. Theyhave a cheat enabled for the testing server. Why can't Blizzard open a realm like that for test builds and the like? It would be nice instead of blowing your respecs (if they're limited, like I'm reading?) on a Hell-mode build before your sure.

Plus, it would be nice to womp Normal bosses at level 99. :lol

Novella

Banned
NeoUltima said:
...garbage. unless I am doing it wrong(put it windowed mode, hit maximize, which you could not do in past)...All it does it stretch it basically...I'll just stick to having a fucked up aspect ratio in full screen(or play in small window).

I thought they were going to put something in to make it full screen, with black bars on side. Not some "you can maximize the window now!" shit. All of the in-game options are still the same.

Very disappointing.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cn9zbq.jpg
Wait...no way.

Did you try changing the resolution? Or is this some kind of internet prank you're playing on me?

There are high resolution patches out there, but you can't use them online.

It's pretty simple. A true high resolution mode for a 2D game would mean giving you a much larger viewable area, which means that people on lower resolution monitors would be screwed online.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Awesome. It's nice to know that Blizzard still remembers their definitive RPG.

If only we could get a patch like this for WarCraft III.

NeoUltima

Novella said:
Wait...no way.

Did you try changing the resolution? Or is this some kind of internet prank you're playing on me?
Nah that's it. All they did was add a maximize button to windowed mode, which basically just stretches it, no real upscaling at all.

epmode

It still sounds like respecs are from Hell mode only. My whole problem is that I don't make it to Hell in the first place because I always feel that I've screwed up my current build.

ch0mp

epmode said:
It still sounds like respecs are from Hell mode only. My whole problem is that I don't make it to Hell in the first place because I always feel that I've screwed up my current build.

You get one from the den of evil each difficulty.

neoism

I played Diablo 2 for about two weeks, and then I got Torchlight, I have know idea what any of those updates do....:lol :lol :lol I kind of want to got back to it though.

neoism

Minsc said:
Can't balance the gameplay then. Greater resolution = unfair advantage.

With 3D games greater resolution doesn't actually change the viewable area.
Yeah I used that mod, but I was new to D2 soo. I shit myself when I died the first time, I lost alll my stuff, I lucky found it. Do you lose if forever if you die a second time? I basically leveled in the first 7 or 8 areas, after that! :lol :lol

Top Bottom