• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 1.13 patch up on PTR

Philthy

Time to fire this sucker up once again!

I have put so many hours in this over the years. I've beaten it all the way through on Hell difficulty with a Warrior and Necromancer. This time I will try the Amazon! I can keep coming back over and over!

Benedict

I'm on my 6th reinstall and 2nd redownload...

This is just stupid...

SInce the game crashed when uploading the patch, Battle.net never wants to recognize my game.

Talon

Defcon said:
- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty.
This is the definition of Megaton.

TheExodu5

Banned
epmode said:
It's going to be crazy when Activision-Blizzard bans these keys just like they did with Modern Warfare 2.

Doubtful they would for such an old game. I still have my keys from MMO-1st. Working for over a year now.

Johann

Well, there goes my December.

I got a magic-finding Sorceress build ready. I hope we can start a new thread for Diablo 2 or we'll have to use this or any other LTTP thread for discussion.

Binabik15

Uhm, maybe I´m stupid, but where can I get this patch for my German version? I´m playing offline and try to connect to B.Net every now and then to see if it wants me to upgrade to 1.13, but I still get connected with 1.12 without a d/l :/

My Paladin is lvl 55 now, but I got stuck in Travincal on Nightmare. made it up to lvl of Mephi´s lair, but the Stygian Puppets/Dolls (?) and the old man fire wizzards are evil. Kill a Stygian, die from their Iron Maiden or whatever the have built-in. Was easier at lvl 52 than now at 55 for whatever reason. Plus the dungeon layout is fucked up, but others are close to perfect for runs, so I don´t want to re-generate it.

All I did this week was bashing the Countess´ head in for sweet runes, and a few uniques. But those were dropped b the littly goblin enemies or armour stands :lol

Still sucks about being stuck, I have 19% life leech, thats still 8.5% on nightmare. Damn skeletal babies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
epmode said:
It's going to be crazy when Activision-Blizzard bans these keys just like they did with Modern Warfare 2.
I bought my Diablo keys from a similar site and they've worked fine for years.

I've been surprised at how little this patch has really revitalized the game for me. What I REALLY would've liked would be some reworking of the way mercs work (like a third set of Auras for Hell Act 2 mercs instead of reverting back to the Normal difficulty auras, for example). Ah well.

badcrumble said:
I've been surprised at how little this patch has really revitalized the game for me. What I REALLY would've liked would be some reworking of the way mercs work (like a third set of Auras for Hell Act 2 mercs instead of reverting back to the Normal difficulty auras, for example). Ah well.

It is a content patch just, extremely little content. Basically all they did was add in resets and tweak some skills and fix some bugs. The new content was solely the resets (both quest and item based).

Calidor

aaaand we have a date!!

We will be resetting the Diablo II ladder on March 23 with the release of patch 1.13. We anticipate all Diablo II realms to be down for approximately six hours during the reset. More specific information on realm availability on the day of the reset will be posted in the Battle.net Status forum. When the ladder is reset, all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as creating ladder-only rune words.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Eh I guess it gives me a reason to play D2 again but really I got my dungeon crawler fix with Torchlight, great way to pass the way to D3. :D

~Kinggi~

Banned
So, is the only way to play this game in hi-res widescreen that widescreen patch some user made? Or is there official support for this now??

soldat7

Maybe a dumb question, but I have an account on Blizzard.com but my account name is too many characters in Diablo. Do I need a separate account for Diablo?

Jim Stark

Neo Member
soldat7 said:
Maybe a dumb question, but I have an account on Blizzard.com but my account name is too many characters in Diablo. Do I need a separate account for Diablo?

Your battle.net web account isn't the same for D2. D2 uses a separate account system as it came out like 8 years before the new Battle.net site and they never updated it. When you log into Bnet on D2 you will make a new account there.

soldat7

Jim Stark said:
Your battle.net web account isn't the same for D2. D2 uses a separate account system as it came out like 8 years before the new Battle.net site and they never updated it. When you log into Bnet on D2 you will make a new account there.

Ah. Thanks.

~Kinggi~ said:
So, is the only way to play this game in hi-res widescreen that widescreen patch some user made? Or is there official support for this now??

Unless it's part of this new patch, I don't think there's official widescreen support.

Instro

Interesting, didnt realize the new patch was even out. Ill pick it back up once the ladder resets. Time to remake my super bone necro, with that corpse explosion buff. he'll be quite badass. Thank god they boosted rune drops too.

EDIT

oops read that as the patch already being out and the ladder would be reset on the 23rd, both are happening on the same day.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
~Kinggi~ said:
This patch supports blit scaling in a window. So not perfect support but it let's you play on an HD widescreen monitor and doesn't look like ass. Basically run the game in a window and maximize it after you get this patch.

These changes have an effect on single player as well, right? What I mean is, it seems like last time I asked someone knowledgeable on the matter of Diablo things, I was essentially told many features are experienced in online mode only. Is that or was that ever true in any case?

Safe Bet

Banned
Diablo is not an Activision game.

If I say it enough times it becomes true, right?

RIGHT?

soldat7

DownLikeBCPowder said:
These changes have an effect on single player as well, right? What I mean is, it seems like last time I asked someone knowledgeable on the matter of Diablo things, I was essentially told many features are experienced in online mode only. Is that or was that ever true in any case?

I'm curious about this too.

Dresden

I wonder if I could still find my Summoner Drood with werebear maxed out. That thing was a beast, and I had a (charity) Enigma and Heart of the Oak, to boot.

JesseZao

Respecs in my Diablo!?!?!? Can it be?!

I wish I was uber enough to fight the bosses they've added in this and the last patches. I always get bogged down in the 80s and can't be arsed to find people to run ubers with.

Safe Bet said:

If I say it enough times it becomes true, right?

RIGHT?

blizzards parent company (vivendi) acquired activision, not the other way round

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is the American holding company for Activision and Blizzard Entertainment, majority owned by French conglomerate Vivendi SA.

Activision and Blizzard Entertainment still exist as separate entities.[9] The holding company does not publish games under its central name and instead uses its subsidiaries to publish games, similar to how Vivendi Games operated before the merger.[10] The merger makes Activision parent company of Vivendi Games former divisions.

While Blizzard retained its autonomy and corporate leadership, other Vivendi Games divisions were not so fortunate. An example of this is the long-time label Sierra (which had been around as long as Activision) which ceased operation. With the merger, there was a rumor that if a Sierra product did not meet Activision's requirements, they "won't likely be retained."[11] Some of Sierra's games such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and Prototype have been retained and are now published by Activision.[12] Also, due to the closure of Sierra, the Sierra Community Forums servers have been shut down as of the 1st of November 2008.[13]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Since Diablo 2 is my favorite game of all time, I normally would've gotten hyped.

Then I remembered they nerfed my hammerdin like no tomorrow and I get pissed again. Ugh.

Top Bottom