• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Jan. 4 - 10, 2010

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I miraculously hope it's Mother 4 :p

test_account

XP-39C²
oldie-newbie said:
For a sarcasm, you need always to take some part of reality :D
Oh, so you didnt mean the part about the PSP Go being a concept as sarcasm, but only the part that the PSP Go sold good as sarcasm? If yes, i understand what you mean :) I first thought that you ment the whole sentence as sarcasm, so i just wanted to mention that i thought that you had a point about what you said regarding that the PSP Go is a concept (or being a PSP model revision), even if you should have ment that part as sarcasm as well :)

[Nintex]

So uhh... I'm just thinking out loud here.

Sony delayed the Arc... maybe because they got word that a competiting product was coming to the market? Who knows maybe we'll wake up tommorow to find out that Pachter was right. :lol

faridmon

i don't know about you guys
and frankly i don't care
but I, for one, am excited by the upcoming Mario Part 9.

bring it on Nintendo.

androvsky

[Nintex] said:

Sony delayed the Arc... maybe because they got word that a competiting product was coming to the market? Who knows maybe we'll wake up tommorow to find out that Pachter was right. :lol

I think they had a peanut butter/chocolate moment when someone whipped up a tech demo combining the Arc, head-tracking, and a 3D TV. And yes, I can easily believe it could take Sony this long to consider combining those things...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
[Nintex] said:

I think they delayed it because their games weren't done yet.

The dev kits for Natal only got sent out a month or two before E3, and Ubisoft said that Sony's kits came in even later. That would give people about a grand total of 9 months to integrate it into games with Sony's previous timetable. I can't imagine trying to build a game from the ground up for it in that time frame, so launching it in the Spring would have caused them to be sorely lacking in ground up titles as well.

faridmon said:
i don't know about you guys
and frankly i don't care
but I, for one, am excited by the upcoming Mario Part 9.

bring it on Nintendo.

I hope MP9 uses motion plus in some innovative ways. I really like the controls in wii sports resort and want more motion plus.

Spiegel

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I have a bit more confidence in PSP after the December blowout did really fine in the end. In 7 days it had Phantasy Star Portable 2, Gundam vs Gundam 2, Naruto 3 and WE2010. Tokimeki 4 didn't do good though.

Now it has a totally stupidly lined up insane 21 days so we'll see.

The last 7 days are really something they should think twice next time. And it isn't taking into account other platform games those days (like Yakuza 4 on 3/18).

Between Phantasy Star Portable 2, God Eater and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker I think the "AD-HOC multiplayer" fans are going to have enough for a few months.

Also I feel that Multi Raid was poorly received and it doesn't look like Koei is changing anything (unlike Sega with PSP2).

Talking about God Eater, if comgnet data means anything the game is going to be huge, "Phantasy Star Portable" huge.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Leon S. Kennedy said:
I hope MP9 uses motion plus in some innovative ways. I really like the controls in wii sports resort and want more motion plus.

MP9 should use everything. the board, WM+ , etc. if you dont have a peripheral, the game does not include those particular minigames.

faridmon

Leon S. Kennedy said:
maybe thats the reasoon why they haven't released one in a while.

OMG Nintendo is giving the series the maximum budget, it cost like 10 million and will have the best graphics ever with motion+ implemented innovative way.
o_O

I'm going to guess that the game they are talking about is either a game from Intelligent Systems, so maybe Wario Ware (I know they don't completely work on this series alone), Fire Emblem, Paper Mario or Rhythm Tengoku Wii, or it could very well be Mario Party, which I've been saying they should release for a while now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
thedrill MC leak is out

big big software and hardware drops- Wii down to 55K, PS3 down to 33K (PS3 drop is where Wii was last year).

RE: DC at 74K, which is just a bit less than RE:UC started (MC had a significantly lower opening number)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

d+pad

schuelma said:
thedrill MC leak is out

big big software and hardware drops- Wii down to 55K, PS3 down to 33K (PS3 drop is where Wii was last year).

RE: DC at 74K, which is just a bit less than RE:UC started (MC had a significantly lower opening number)

Whoa. I expected a HW drop for both the PS3 and Wii, but kind of thought their big games would keep things higher than that. It'll be interesting to see how Wii and NSMBW do next week.

How many copies did NSMBW sell according to the leak, BTW? Lower than the 130K reported by Famitsu?

Vinnk

Allan Holdsworth said:
As for the new game, I hope for... Chibi-Robo Wii :lol

If any magazine would release info on a new Chibi-robo it would be Nintendo Dream. They had so many chibi robo tie ins over the years. I still have the chibi robo paper crafts that they included with an issue and the contest that they had to "take a photo of it doing interesting things". I think they also were the magazine to first announce the DS version (but I might be remembering wrong).

Still, I doubt that it will be a new Chibi-robo. But I would be happy if that's what it is.

Most likely epic disappointment. My nominations. "New Play Control Geist" or "More Big Brain Academy"

Rocksteady33

1. Kingdom Hearts bbs (PSP) - 177,000
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 139,000
3. RE: DSC (Wii) - 73,000
4. Tomodachi Connection (DS) - 55,000
5. Wii Fit+ - 42,000
6. Tekken 6 (PSP) - 25,000
7. Hotel Dusk 2 (right?) - 25,000
8. Zelda Spirit Tracks (DS) - 22,000
9. Wii Sports Resort - 22,000
10. Inazuma Eleven 2 - 22,000

VegaShinra

01. [PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – 177,000 / 623,000
02. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 139,000 / 3,006,000
03. [WII] Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles – 73,000 / NEW
04. [DS] Tomodachi Collection – 55,000 / 2,651,000
05. [WII] Wii Fit Plus – 42,000 / 1,516,000
06. [PSP] Tekken 6 – 25,000 / NEW
07. [DS] Last Window – 25,000 / NEW
08. [DS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks – 22,000 / 489,000
09. [WII] Wii Sports Resort – 22,000 / 1,691,000
10. [DS] Inazuma Eleven 2 – 22,000 / 1,033,000
11. [DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
12. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
13. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best)
14. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2
15. [WII] Mario Kart Wii
16. [DS] New Super Mario Bros.
17. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
18. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2
19. [PSP] Kentoushi: Gladiator Begins
20. [PS3] Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
21. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
22. [WII] PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure
23. [WII] Momotarou Dentetsu 2010 Senkoku Ishin no Hero Daisyuugou ! No Ken
24. [DS] Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue
25. [PS3] Batman: Arkham Asylum
26. [360] Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
27. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3
28. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam Next Plus
29. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
30. [DS] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Vinnk

Ouch at the new (and now likely final) Hotel Dusk game. :(

Still can't believe SW3 is still in the top 30. I know it never pulled massive numbers but I think now we can safely say now that it was not a bomba. Perhaps even a success?

Michan

Vinnk said:
Still can't believe SW3 is still in the top 30. I know it never pulled massive numbers but I think now we can safely say now that it was not a bomba. Perhaps even a success?
It's still a bomba in comparison to its predecessors. It's probably only lingering because of price slashing, and if #10 is at 22,000, we can only imagine what it's selling at #27. Probably a couple of thousand, if that.

markatisu

Michan said:
It's still a bomba in comparison to its predecessors. It's probably only lingering because of price slashing, and if #10 is at 22,000, we can only imagine what it's selling at #27. Probably a couple of thousand, if that.

Has there been price slashing? Its on its 2nd shipment at least and surpassed what the expectations were. Not anywhere near the first two, but very far from where most assumed it was headed at launch

Top Bottom