• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy more ps2 re-releases for ps3 if given the option?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
No, unless they put PS2 releases on PSN at a very affordable price. Even then, I would only buy games that I never played.

If we're talking about God of War style, a Team ICO collection would probably be the only one I'd purchase if one were to exist.

Just to note, I have a partial BC 80 GB PS3 MGS4 bundle version.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Outside the obligatory Team Ico Collection and MGS Collection..

This is something that only exists in my DREAMS...but...

I'd be interested in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II and maybe even Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories being bundled and packaged onto one Blu-Ray disc with upgraded graphics, framerate and trophies.

Perhaps Square-Enix could even throw us a bone and localize the Final Mixes and use them in the compilation? It could be like the return of the Monkey Island series, or like when Ocarina of Time: Master Quest released in the US for the first time.

(I think it's kind of funny considering KHFM only needs a couple of lines of dialogue translated, KH2FM needs some cutscenes translated too, but it's really not that much work. Yet, SE went through the trouble of localizing an entire remake of Chain of Memories instead xD)

Just thinking about it...on one disc....gets me all hot inside.

Especially the fantasy of being able to play the Final Mixes in English.

doooooh

seems like you could get crapware devs to reskin these games with better assets for rerelease pretty cheaply. I'd buy an HD set of the team ico games and probably some others.

I'd be interested in a couple games. Like you said, FFXII would look excellent in HD, and if you threw in FFX and FFX-2 I'd double dip on that collection. A Team Ico collection would also interest me, but outside of that I don't think I'd double dip on anything.

I would buy a remastered FF10 with trophies in an instant. Same with a Suikoden 3-5 collection. DMC 1-3 collection would also be nice.

That's just what comes to mind. I have close to 100 PS2 games and I'd probably buy re-releases of about 1/5 of them.

Kowak

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Yes! Give me an upscaled version of MGS3 and I'll buy it.

I would waste serious money on a MGS 1,2,3 HD collection.

Plus i would like team ico collection and yakuza.

Rainier

I would if it upscaled the graphics. I'd love to play a better looking version of Bully.

I thought the PC version would be great, but what a buggy mess that was. :(

At some point, I might buy a collection like that, but it's hard to justify when I have most of the PS2 games I've ever wanted to play, and most of them sit on a shelf gathering dust.

Though I would buy a Fatal Frame collection for sure.

Empty

I'd buy a Team Ico collection in a heartbeat, despite owning a PS2 and both games, mainly just for the convenience, but frame-rate improvements to SOTC and HD visuals would be cool too. Then i'm sure if they were to release a Silent Hill or Final Fantasy collection, i'd probably buy them too for the same reasons. That said, i'd still rather see PS2 games sold on PSN.

DiGi-C

Banned
I'd consider buying quite a few as I never really played the PS2 properly before hence missing lots of core games from the time. Depends on the price on how many / frequency, if they were to sell them in a similar way to the PS1 classics, at no more than £10-15 tops (hopefully less!) with better titles (IE NOT the Disney collection, Europe deserves better!) it'd be a made of win all round

I'm going to join the consensus that a Team Ico hd re-release would be amazing. Maybe with a Last Guardian demo?

also: A Final Fantasy XII hd re-release wouldn't be so bad either. I've seen upscaled on some emulators and boy is it pretty. It would have to be the international version though, the NA cover isn't very cool

I have enough current gen games to play/to catch up on/to buy this year without replaying last gen games in HD. However, I know that if my favourite series got the GoW Collection treatment, I'd be all over them.

Shadow780

fucking Zone of Enders 2

244eer4.gif
2zimyoh.gif

2dim0it.gif
jphu2d.gif

subweapons_v_cannon_anime.gif
subweapons_z_shift_anime.gif

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Re-releases from last gen make sense no matter what the platform...which is why it barely happens. >.>

I would love to see...

Jak and Daxter Collection
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Ape Escape Collection
Sly Cooper Collection
SOCOM Collection
Team Ico Collection

That's just 1st party (which should be easy to do). Why 3rd parties havn't hopped on to it, I have no idea.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some would be worth re-buying. Like the Team ICO games, and Final Fantasy XII. FFXII in particular is way too detailed for what the resolution can handle, and made it look like a mess at times with jaggies and pixels all over the place. Wasn't very good on the eyes that game.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
dragonflys545 said:
I would totally buy Team Ico Collection.

This would probably be my most wanted, but tbh I'd buy a lot of old games again if they were all hd'd up for the right price.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Remove BC and then charge about twice as much money for upped rez and trophy support. Of course I would! >_>

I'm for a DD service to bring them over for a fair price(4.99-9.99). Similar to how many older PC titles are priced. But the retail combo packs for 40$ with added Trophy support and upped rez is laughable and a terrible trend.

Still...a frame rate fixed ZOE2 and SOTC would be delightful :lol

Yes to:
-Team Ico
-Kingdom Hearts
-Persona 3/4 (I'd prefer a brand new 5 though)
-SSX (OR JUST MAKE A NEW GAME EA...LIKE TRICKY, NOT 3)
-Devil May Cry

Probably nothing else.

reminder

I would buy a Team ICO collection without a doubt. Also, i would buy GTA San Andreas in HD. I hope Rockstar makes a new GTA set in San Andreas.

Sophia

Maybe for some exceptional games, but I'd rather just have backwards compatibility support. Most of the games for the PS2 library aren't worth repaying for, even with new features.

Totally would buy a Metal Gear Solid/Team Ico/Zone of the Enders HD collection. :lol

TheSeks said:
SMT: Nocturne HD Remix? YES, PLZ.

Oh hell yes! :D

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I will buy any forthcoming Fumito Ueda collection (surely Bluepoint is working on it now!).

I'd really dig a Kingdom Hearts + KHFM + KHII + KHIIFM + KH Re:CoM disc right about now, too. I'm playing BbS at the moment, and old folks like me can only keep so much of this ludicrous/awesome canon lore in mind.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Dogenzaka said:
Outside the obligatory Team Ico Collection and MGS Collection..

This is something that only exists in my DREAMS...but...

I'd be interested in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II and maybe even Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories being bundled and packaged onto one Blu-Ray disc with upgraded graphics, framerate and trophies.

Perhaps Square-Enix could even throw us a bone and localize the Final Mixes and use them in the compilation? It could be like the return of the Monkey Island series, or like when Ocarina of Time: Master Quest released in the US for the first time.

(I think it's kind of funny considering KHFM only needs a couple of lines of dialogue translated, KH2FM needs some cutscenes translated too, but it's really not that much work. Yet, SE went through the trouble of localizing an entire remake of Chain of Memories instead xD)

Just thinking about it...on one disc....gets me all hot inside.

Especially the fantasy of being able to play the Final Mixes in English.

doooooh

I'll co-sign this.

I'd also have no problem rebuying the Jak and Daxter series done in the same manner. FFX/X-2 and XII on one BD would be nice as well.

EDIT: Oh, and DQVIII and Wild Arms V would be great as well.

I would gladly buy more collections of my favorite ps2 titles upgraded for ps3.

Blu ray discs hold up ALOT better than any dvd and it sure is hard to squint at an old ps2 game designed for 4:3 aspect ratio on a widescreen television.

Keep the collections coming.

crasherball

Neo Member
real remakes, with real hires-textures - yes

but not if they just went into the config-file of a ps-game and changed the resolution to 720p
and compiled it for the ps3 (god of war)

thats just a ripoff imo

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Himuro said:
I didn't realize you guys were so horny for Team Ico shit? I mean, I like their games, but damn.
I'd say a 40$ min to play the title, and 50$+ if you want to get a reasonable nice condition copy is enough.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The King Of Fighters XI

om nom nom nom

Pydte

I would rather see them re-released in their original form on PSN at a lower price point. Most of the PS2 titles that i would have interest in rebuying (e.g. Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, MGS) hold up pretty well, anyway, so I'm having a hard time seeing the need for it.

Maybe in a couple of years, though...

kn1ves24

Yes I would definitely by re-releases of PS2 games for the PS3. Of course I'd like to see some of the classics (MGS series, Team Ico stuff, Silent Hill series, and heck I'd like to see the Ace Combat games get a re-release), but if any of this would happen I would like to see each get the nice graphical touch-ups that the GoW Collection got (720p, etc.)

Top Bottom