• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy more ps2 re-releases for ps3 if given the option?

Xater said:
Team ICO is the only thing I really care about.

This, as many of you already said.

But I think I'll end up buying other collections, say Silent Hill, or even MGS (shame that Twin Snakes wouldn't be in the pack).

matmanx1

Team Ico stuff of course.
Kingdom Hearts collection
MGS 3 at the very least, 2 would be nice also.
Final Fantasy X and XII.

And I'm sure there are others that would sell reasonably well if given the proper treatment. Yeah, I'd be all over that!

Adamm

I still have my launch 60gb ps3 so playing ps2 games isnt a problem for me.
But if they remake them into HD then theres a few id probbly buy again, most of which have been mentioned before.

ICO + SoTC
Final Fantasy
MGS
Kingdom hearts

Im sure there would be a few others also

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I would not mind if they did game bundles with a higher resolution and AA + AF at 60fps.

Ironborn

Banned
yeah, i'd buy a shadow of the colossus port if it's done well
never played it because i got my ps2 pretty late and couldn't get a hold of the game any more

Mr. Jonh said:
Yes. The PS2's library deserves to remain alive for a long time.

Also, fucking Zone of the Enders! Never found that damn game :(

it's on amazon for 20 bucks?

that being said, I found a used copy at gamestop a couple days ago for 19.99. picked it up then along with some other oldies I used to have. (R type final, digital devil saga 1)

daebo

I would say yes to both the PS3 and Xbox 360 doing it.

I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't done Halo 1 & 2 collection in HD with achievements... That's like leaving money on the table.

As for PS3, I'm with everybody else. Would love a Team Ico, Metal Gear, etc.

In today's day and age of money and teams shutting down and all that... I don't see why not doing a reskinning of classic games with trophies/achievements to help fund the newer games.

I guess that just makes too much sense.

stealth edit: Hell, didn't PD pretty much do that with GT: Prologue? (granted, that was a little different and not a reskinning but I'm talking in a general sense of leaving money on the table)

Suzzopher

I'd love to see the Sly Cooper games in a collection likewise, Devil May Cry, an Okami/God Hand/Viewtiful Joe pack and of course ICO/SOTC.

Also I guess I would be the only one who liked the two Castlevania games on PS2:lol

Mr. Sam

daebo said:
I would say yes to both the PS3 and Xbox 360 doing it.

This. As a PS2 owner, I missed out on a lot of Xbox games I would have liked to have played. I definitely wouldn't object to some sort of Oddworld pack of Stranger and Munch's Oddysey. I wouldn't even complain if they did a HD re-release of Abe's Oddysee and Exodus.

Resident Evil 4 would personally be top of my list. The games would have to be upgraded somewhat and be considerably cheap though.

Jigsaw

Banned
i would die for mgs1-3 in hd + aa + 16:9 (the cutscenes already are,why not the games itself kojima >_<)

devil may cry collection would be neat too,especially because europe got crap conversions of dmc1 and dmc3se

and while we are at it,ffx international + ffx eternal calm + ffx-2 last mission ;_;

selig

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Seriously? I didn't realize you could read NeoGAF and not be constantly bombarded by the constant praise both those games get.

I started a personal meta-GAF-game where I take a bet wiht myself which post number in a topic will be the one to shit it up by mentioning SotC. You can be sure that there´s never a topic like "Which.....do you find best?" or "Your Top..." without it. And I´ve seen a lot of ridiculous mentionings, almost on par with something like "What´s your favorite racing game?" - "SotC, so awesome.". :lol

@topic:

I´d love a Kingdom Hearts HD-re-release, complete with that bonus-content for the Japanese "Final Mix"-version or what it was called.

carlosp

Banned
Been probably mentioned already but the first three Onimusha. Let us predict the 4th was just never released but the first three games were awesome. Specially 1 und3.

Risible

I would ABSOLUTELY pay for current-gen prices for HD versions of the Fatal Frame series and any Team ICO titles. In a heartbeat, Day One.

The GoW re-dux was sexy as hell.

bluehat9

I'd definitely buy a Sly Cooper Collection, not sure about anything else though. This thread reminded me I need to buy GoW collection.

Zyzyxxz

Shadow780 said:
fucking Zone of Enders 2

244eer4.gif
2zimyoh.gif

2dim0it.gif
jphu2d.gif

subweapons_v_cannon_anime.gif
subweapons_z_shift_anime.gif

OMG, I need to find my PS2 out of my closet!

DryvBy

I'd probably prefer to have San Andreas redone in HD, with GTA 4's engine. I really think San Andreas is the best sandbox "gangsta" game, and the topping point to the series. I'd easily rebuy that.

And the MGS series in HD would be nice.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
There's a bunch I'd buy around the $20 to $30 range if they were at least 720p with some AA. I'd go for Ico Collection, Ratchet Collection, RE4, and probably others as well. I hope this happens.

I would basically drop full next gen price for any series with all the PS2 games in it if it was as well made as GOW collection and had trophies for each game.

Trophies alone I'd probably pass, but even a slight once over to the graphics and I'm there with my money.

Also I will not be purchasing any PSN releases of any of these games, the PS1 games don't have trophies and they don't improve them in any way, so it's the same game but you don't actually own it because it's not physical. You're just renting for a long time. I'll stick with the disc thanks.

At first i was against the idea but after the luxury of playing God of War Collection with the PS3 thats always on anyways + some polished visuals. Im not complaining.

I would re-buy re-released Metal Gears, Team Ico, Devil May Crys and Silent Hills...

fixuis

In a heartbeat. Would love to see the following:

1. Jak and daxter collection.

2. Ico and shadow of colossus

3. Gta 3, vice city and san andreas

4. MGS 1 2 3

5. GT 1 2 3 4

Would love to see them in HD like gowc on the psn store, but a disc release would work too.

Yama

Only if it was in dire need of being ported to more powerful hardware. Something like SOTC would benefit quite a bit, so perhaps that and a few others in the same boat. Granted, I'd love to see emulation that simply runs the games at a higher resolution.

Kowak said:
I would waste serious money on a MGS 1,2,3 HD collection.

Plus i would like team ico collection and yakuza.
THIS.

If they transfer to HD as well as the GoW Collection then YES.

Throw in some Trophies and we have something really amazing.

If they were done right, in HD, and ran beautifully, I'd buy all of these for sure:

Suikoden Collection - Come on now...this one would be AWESOME. I'd buy it at a high price.

Team ICO Collection - Obviously.

Ratchet and Clank Anthology - So much value here...I'd buy it.

Jak and Daxter Anthology - Same thing here...value for the money.

And last but not least, Sly Cooper in the Uncharted 2 engine...mmmmm!

jiggles

Banned
I would definitely be Day One-ing the following GoW-style collections:

Team ICO
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Zone of the Enders
Grand Theft Auto
Dark Cloud/Chronicle

And I'd like to see the likes of Star Ocean 3 and Dragon Quest VIII tweaked for PS3.

But much as I love the J&D and R&C games, I don't think a PS3 re-release would add much. Unless they had some really fun trophies.

Messi

I would be there day one for:

Metal Gear Solid 1-3
GTA 1-3

I thought there would be much more than that, but I drew a blank when I went to write.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
If I could have once gamer wish, I'd have a resident Evil collection with the psone ones with at least the dreamcast/gamecube resolutions, and a HD Resident Evil 4 with Resident Evil 5 control schemes (use both analog sticks). I would, you know, buy it at a high price.

130925_full.jpg

Doesn't look that bad. But playing it in the old psone resolution off of psn does.

Nizz

Been mentioned to death, but I'd be on board for a Team Ico set. I've never played either of their games and would love to try them. Now that I'll be getting a slim as a replacement, it'll be my only option.

I also would love to see Killzone 1 getting the HD treatment. A solid 30fps (or 60 if possible) would be fantastic. While we're at it, a remastered MGS collection would be pretty sweet too.

Top Bottom