• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy more ps2 re-releases for ps3 if given the option?

jett

D-Member
I would only be interested in a SotC port that runs at least at an unflinching v-sync'd 30fps. I'd hope for 60fps but I haven't seen a single current-gen game that does complex motion blur at 60. :p

genjiZERO

Johnny Utah said:
From PSN yes. Wouldn't bother with it if it needed increasing shelf space.

As far as i'm concerned, digital every way you can, those game cases don't look nice in my house.

Yeah I prefer digital too. I'm still not entirely sure why Sony doesn't release PS2 games on PSN - I suppose game size... but I think you could find a decent number of smaller games to make it work.

vazel

Banned
I'd love to show my support on rereleasing ps2 titles but I can't justify double dipping. I've already got every game I want from the PS2.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Johnny Utah said:
Yeah to the yes, no to yes yes? Like no yes yes but no yes, and yes yes no!?

Baby your sending me all these crossed signals, my lazy eye is having a breakdance party.

Either you want my house with those game cases, or you don't.

Uh... well, I like having physical copies of my media, so...

FFXII blu ray edition - high quality audio and visuals. All the extras of IZJS (trial mode, weak game/strong game, high speed mode, etc.). Ability to choose standard license board (with new weapons/equipments added) or job system license boards on new game selection.

I would buy this day one.

Dogenzaka said:
Outside the obligatory Team Ico Collection and MGS Collection..

This is something that only exists in my DREAMS...but...

I'd be interested in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II and maybe even Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories being bundled and packaged onto one Blu-Ray disc with upgraded graphics, framerate and trophies.

Perhaps Square-Enix could even throw us a bone and localize the Final Mixes and use them in the compilation? It could be like the return of the Monkey Island series, or like when Ocarina of Time: Master Quest released in the US for the first time.

(I think it's kind of funny considering KHFM only needs a couple of lines of dialogue translated, KH2FM needs some cutscenes translated too, but it's really not that much work. Yet, SE went through the trouble of localizing an entire remake of Chain of Memories instead xD)

Just thinking about it...on one disc....gets me all hot inside.

Especially the fantasy of being able to play the Final Mixes in English.

doooooh
Signed. This would be awesome. I'd also love the Team Ico collection and FFX International+FFX-2 International + Last Mission. FFXII would be fantastic (especially because its textures are so luscious that high-res PCSX2 screenshots of the game look better than most HD-gen games), but I can take or leave the International version of that one - I'd probably prefer the normal License Board, but with the rest of the improvements intact. MGS2+3, DMC 1+3, Silent Hill 2/3/4, and Persona 3+4 would be pretty awesome too.

I still want Resident Evil 4 HD, too, by the way. But if it were the PS2 assets that'd be pretty crummy.

A lot of PS2 games that I didn't try, so YES.

And classics like Shadow of the Colossus deserve to be played in 60FPS HD. PCSX2 can already do it, Ueda wants it to happen - it's only up to Sony to get off their asses and port it. Perhaps they should just buy Bluepoint Games and set them to work.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I would buy the ICO collection if it does come. :D

I'd like some unreleased localized PS2 games like Tales of Rebirth.

Swag

I can't believe Sony hasn't been taking advantage of this, it's like a stack of money just waiting to be taken.

If only they had FFX, and SoTC up there.

Get FF9 too while your at it Sony!

Ettie

No. Thanks to Sony's dicking around, I was finally motivated enough to get the PS2 emulator working on my pc, can now play FFXII and KH with the beautiful turned up. Not interested in re-buying. If others are willing, my butt won't start aching.

klee123

Yes I would, especially for the following:

MGS 2 + 3 pack

Zone of enders 1 + 2 pack

Team Ico collection

Suikoden III-V

FFX and FFXII

Tales of Symphonia + Abyss (doubt this would ever happen)

Forbiden

klee123 said:
Yes I would, especially for the following:

MGS 2 + 3 pack

Zone of enders 1 + 2 pack

Team Ico collection

Suikoden III-V

FFX and FFXII

Tales of Symphonia + Abyss (doubt this would ever happen)

This. I'd go nuts if they were to give the same treatment to Ico/SotC and FFX/XII that they gave to God of War.

I forgot to add this, but if Square-Enix ever did this for FFX and FFXII, they'd absolutely have to add some kind of new game+ to them (ideally something like FFX-2, where you keep a lot of unlocks but your levels go back down). It's too simple to code (the New Game+ mod for the FF6 SNES ROM only takes up like 400kb) and adds too much replay value NOT to add.

Psy-Phi

Simple answer? Yes.

Shadow Hearts 1 + 2 + 3
Xenosaga 1 + 2 +3
Resident Evil Code Veronica X + 4.
ZoE 1 + 2
Ico + Shadow of the Colossus
MGS 2 + 3
Dark Cloud 1 + 2
Devil May Cry 1 + 2 + 3 (maybe retool 2 :p).
Final Fantasy X + X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Disgaea 1 + 2
Onimusha 1 + 2 + 3 + Dawn of Souls
Silent Hill 2 + 3 + 4 (don't care about 4 but throw it in there :p).
SSX + SSX Tricky + SSX3
And Okami could be sold on it's own and I'd buy it, like

Basically every game I have on PS2 I'd probably rebuy again, and their ill-wanted sequels (DMC2 which I don't own, Onimusha DoS etc...).

And The Bouncer should be re-made on PS3 just because.

Firestorm

Himuro said:
I didn't realize you guys were so horny for Team Ico shit? I mean, I like their games, but damn.
I want them because I want to try them but:

- they run like crap
- Ico alone runs for $10 more than the cost of the collection probably would be
- my PS3 isn't BC

Psy-Phi said:
Simple answer? Yes.

Shadow Hearts 1 + 2 + 3
Xenosaga 1 + 2 +3
Resident Evil Code Veronica X + 4.
ZoE 1 + 2
Ico + Shadow of the Colossus
MGS 2 + 3
Dark Cloud 1 + 2
Devil May Cry 1 + 2 + 3 (maybe retool 2 :p).
Final Fantasy X + X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Disgaea 1 + 2
Onimusha 1 + 2 + 3 + Dawn of Souls
Silent Hill 2 + 3 + 4 (don't care about 4 but throw it in there :p).
SSX + SSX Tricky + SSX3
And Okami could be sold on it's own and I'd buy it, like

Basically every game I have on PS2 I'd probably rebuy again, and their ill-wanted sequels (DMC2 which I don't own, Onimusha DoS etc...).
Ooh, I never thought of Xenosaga and I really should have listed Okami. Don't really know about Onimusha, though... I adore Onimusha 1-3 despite their many flaws, but the prerendered backgrounds in 1 and 2 would look godawful blown up to HD resolution. Of course, if they were somehow rerendered it'd be very nice, but let's be realistic, that's not going to happen in a million years.

Psy-Phi

They could look god awful, but I'd want them to make it look good obviously. They have the art, they just need to apply the right filters :p.

And honestly, I just got finished playing RE1 and RE2 from PSN last week. The backgrounds looked good (for a PS1 game). But that wasn't HD rez either...and I had to qualify it so...yeah :p.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
My PS3 can play PS2 games, matter of fact I've been playing PS2 games recently... but

ZOE2 HD
KH1:FM+KH2:FM+KH:CoM+KH:358/2+KH:BbS All on a Blu-Ray Collection in HD (A Pipe Dream...but I'd pay $100 for it)
Some FF Games in HD

...I'd rebuy all PS2 games redone in HD... one of the best systems ever for game content... geez.

Bear

All the ZOE2 love around here makes me feel right at home <3. There hasn't been a game I've replayed that much since the days where that was the whole point.

I don't think the game really needs an HD re-release, though. It would look lovely with a little current-gen spit and polish but it holds up well enough. As for the first game, it was kind of cool when it came out but it was never really all that great. I admit I haven't played it in a long time, but I can't imagine it holding up to the second game at all.

Kojima just needs to make sure ZOE3 actually comes out. Then everything will be made right and all will be good.

Edit: I have to admit, those gifs almost make me want to retract my statement.

slade

I'd be interested in the Capcom games mostly. If they redid the Onimusha, DMC and Okami games in HD, I would double dip without a second thought.

Jtrizzy

I have 20 gig and have used it maybe twice for PS2 games. GOWII and Madden for a couple of years while they got that game sorted out.

aeolist

Banned
I want Rez, but that wouldn't need to be a re-release, just porting Rez HD. In fact they should just put it on Steam and have done with it.

That's about all I can think of.

A Team Ico collection needs to keep that super awesome American boxart. I'm sure that'll help the game sell like gangbusters!

I would actually consider picking up a PS3 for a Team Ico collection, if those games are really put through the graphics blender and come back out on the better end.

I'd also go for a Level 5 set with Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2, which would unfortunately mean I'd never have the time then to play any actual PS3 games.

Sony's got a goldmine of first party stuff that could really sell well if they took the time to do this. Ratchet, Sly, Jak... those are some solid games there.

Ratchet would have to have an arbitrary bizarrely shaped manual though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I missed my chance to play Team ICo Games, so I will instant buy Team ICO Collection since my friends have been recommended me those games.

RedSwirl

If it were up to me they'd go all Criterion Collection with it.

A Team ICO set would be the perfect opportunity to resurrect all the things that didn't make it into the US version of Ico like the co-op, lightsaber, and the real box art. I'd also hope for surround sound in SOTC.

bdouble

Hell yeah. I will buy the next one day one. Simply because I've never owned a PS2 and really don't want to buy another console and only have a 40g in the house and if I buy a PS3 for myself it will be a slim

linkboy

I'd rebuy the Final Fantasy games (especially XII if its the International Edition), but there's not much beyond that.

Metal Gear Solid Collection (MGS, MGS2, MGS3)
Kingdom Hearts Collection (KH, Re: CoM, KHII)
Team Ico (Ico, SotC)
Okami

Only ones that I really want.

Mostly SOTC and ICO.

SOTC still looks great but has inconsistent performance. ICO runs fine but looks incredibly fuzzy on an HDTV. An HD version that smooths out the tech of these games would be great. I still love them the way they are now, but they would benefit very much from a re-release.

haadim

It would be great if we could play Final Fantasy X and XII on PS3.

With graphical improvements and some bonus contents it is a definite buy for me.

Hell yea, of course!
ZoE 1 and 2
Persona 3 and 4
Okami
MGS 1, 2 and 3
DMC 1 and 3
RE 2 and 4
Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3
.Hack and .Hack G.U.
Disgaea 1 and 2

You gotta be insane to say no to your favorites at 60 fps in all of its HD glory. 40 bucks sounds like a good price. Any more and it's highway robbery.

onken

Yep, and ideally disk based too like GoWC so I can play them forever and ever and ever and ever. The following please:

- ICO & SoTC
- Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 subs
- Devil May Cry trilogy
- Silent Hill 2/3
- Code Veronica + RE4 double maybe?

Probably a bunch of others.

Top Bottom