• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Art For Tons Of Unannounced (Maybe Canceled?) EA Games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seem that one of EA's former concept artists has posted up a ton of concept art from never officially announced games.

That might mean that they've all been canceled though, outside of Syndicate, as that concept art dates back before Starbreeze started making it I think.

There are more through the link, but a lot of the unposted ones are Harry Potter.

Gun Head:

iwrknp.jpg

2rzs76c.jpg

Hurikan:

95o4r8.jpg

2yoaalj.jpg

Unsure 1:

2nkihe0.jpg

zwc56c.jpg

Unsure 2:

291p7ag.jpg

2hd4274.jpg

Unsure 3:

14dnak8.jpg

14dnak8.jpg

Oliver Twist:

rjfl3q.jpg

xmpzeb.jpg

Syndicate (Pre Starbreeze? Dated 2005):

qysfgl.jpg

Source: http://dearsleyart.blogspot.com/

Via: http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/372118555

sigh... now I'm depressed that Dante's Inferno got the greenlight while some of these cool concept art got canned.

GunHead looks cool. maybe need a different name, but I like the art.

distantmantra said:
Oliver Twist, eh?

I wonder what other literary classics EA has considered turning into games...
It looks like that post-apocalyptic adaptation that Gary Whitta was working on, if I recall rightly. I heard it was moving forward as a comic I think, maybe a game adaptation too?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That crystal mech thing is fantastic.

God damn at that faux-Dark Horse Gunhead comic cover. :lol

And the concept art for the Oliver Twist game is gorgeous! Why didn't they make this instead of fucking Dante? :|

the Gun Head cancellation was really sad for me personally; I was really looking forward going to work on it when I was interviewed for it

the idea seem so awesome and it would have been cool to have worked on it

Jesus fucking christ why isn't Gunhead being made. Its literally the perfect FPS. Your head that you are looking with and that reticule is YOUR GUNHEAD. Finally the perspective makes sense!!

Y2Kev said:
Gun Head is SUCH A DYNAMITE HEADDY RIP OFF

I WILL ALLOW IT BECAUSE GODHAND AND GUNHEAD SOUND LIKE THEY BELONG TO THE SAME GENRE OF FUCKAWESOME.

he would have had the ability to shoot with his head and use his arms for other stuff like punching, grabs and stuff :(

why does the industry cancel great ideas and just continue with generic sequalitis?

:(

Zilch

Banned
Man, some of that art is just fantastic. Great stylized comic book-esque stuff. It's a shame knowing that most (none?) of it won't see production and if it did it would be turned into over-normal mapped, too-realistic games.

Oliver Twist would look so good with TF2's half-lambert shader...

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
It looks like that post-apocalyptic adaptation that Gary Whitta was working on, if I recall rightly. I heard it was moving forward as a comic I think, maybe a game adaptation too?

Huh? The concept art for Oliver Twist doesn't look post-apocalyptic at all. It looks like it's set in 19th century London, just like the novel and film adaptations.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Gun Head, eh? Yup, sounds like what a game company/comic books writer could come up with nowadays.

The crystal mech thing reminds me of EDF 2017 and its giant sphere-shaped alien vessel.

gunstarhero

Gunhead looks cool - be a cool gameplay mechanic if the kickback from your gun(head) threw you back and messed with your balance...

But instead we got another Army of Two. Sigh.

Ceebs

I saw the title of Gun Head and was like "huh". I then looked to the side and saw the closeup of his head and instantly wanted that game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
gutter_trash said:
he would have had the ability to shoot with his head and use his arms for other stuff like punching, grabs and stuff :(

why does the industry cancel great ideas and just continue with generic sequalitis?

:(
Was this the really cool sounding Black Box game?

That is, if you're allowed to share that information.

Empty

OMG Gunhead looks amazing, they have to make that game.

Some nice concepts in there, and beautiful art, wish some of them had been made.

Hugbot

Gun Head might be the best thing I've ever seen. Here's hoping it was just unannounced, and not canceled.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, lot's of cool art.
Gunhead looks awesome! :lol

Nirolak said:
Was this the really cool sounding Black Box game?

That is, if you're allowed to share that information.

I just went for an interview and was really pumped to possibly get hired to work on it because they told me broad idea about the game with not too many specifics.

this is the first time that I ever see any art for it.

I was sad when my friends told me about the cancellation(s) that where going on because I was really looking forward going to work on something that was original

No_Style said:
Concept art is always awesome.

I'd agree with this. It's always funny to see a game that doesn't have that great a look / style in game but when you look at the concept art it always looks fantastic. Guess it can just be really hard to translate cool art concepts to actual game execution. Plus all the cool info penciled into the margins about character design always looks neat.

Top Bottom