• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Art For Tons Of Unannounced (Maybe Canceled?) EA Games

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So how much did EA spend on advertising Dante's Infermo at the Super Bowl again? More than a couple million?

I wonder which of these games gave up their lives to fund that.

EDIT: Okay, not that much, it's an exaggeration - but still, that money could've funded something as interesting as these concepts, if only for DS or iPhone.

Doctor_No said:
First thing I thought of when I heard the name as well.
The movie was absolutely unwatchable.

They made a TG16 game.
gunhed01.jpg
Yeah someone is naming these concepts after other games

http://turrican.gamevoice.de/hurrican_site/

I want Gunhead.

Great, crazy interesting central character. Looks marketable, in a Snakes on a Plane kind of way. EA, consider making this. I want it to be good and I want to buy it.

Spwn

SecretBonusPoint said:
- Headbutt someone as you are shooting them.
- Triple wielding.
- Sequel definitely would be called 'Son of GunHead'

I mean this is the kind of shit you can just immediately visualise when someone hands you a napkin with a man with a gun for a head drawn on it, let alone a god damn straight up Mike Mignola tribute comic cover concept. I mean I guess I admire EA for trying something different by going with Mirrors Edge, Dead Space and Dantes Inferno. But... GUNHEAD. Their stock should fall several points and an angry shareholder meeting be scheduled simply because they passed on this!

Was searching for the name from the first page, but surprisingly I didn't. I like the concept art for the game and the Mignola-style really much so I wouldn't mind if EA really released the game.

So please, EA, give us Gunhead! You can't fail with a character who has a... gunhead!

Haunted

Mama Robotnik said:
I want Gunhead.

Great, crazy interesting central character. Looks marketable, in a Snakes on a Plane kind of way. EA, consider making this. I want it to be good and I want to buy it.
The pitch (these are not unannounced or cancelled games, but rejected pitches, hundreds of those are made every year) was dismissed in 2005, don't think they'll change their mind now.

edit: but fuck it, maybe making some noise helps! Do it, EA. Everyone loves Gun Head.

edit²: the Godzilla/Cloverfield type of deal would make for a good game as well. Would love some survival action while a city is being terrorised by a gigantic monster. Disaster Day of Crisis meets Godzilla meets EDF.

Haunted

Goddamn he even did some character designs for the new Road Rash.

Rejecting Gun Head and Road Rash but greenlighting Dante's Inferno. Fuck you, EA. :mad:

Desi

cuyahoga said:
If he has a gun for a head, he probably doesn't have a brain, obviously.
the brain is in the trigger. Make mortality choices one shot at a time!

God give me this! Actually all of them sound cool. Especially Oliver Twist.

You know Oliver Twist could have been like a better version of Assassin's Creed....

Gun Head sounds boss too, and I really like "Unsure 1". We need a proper Alien Invasion style adventure game. Only not a first person shooter, more adventure.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Haunted said:
The pitch (these are not unannounced or cancelled games, but rejected pitches, hundreds of those are made every year) was dismissed in 2005, don't think they'll change their mind now.

edit: but fuck it, maybe making some noise helps! Do it, EA. Everyone loves Gun Head.

edit²: the Godzilla/Cloverfield type of deal would make for a good game as well. Would love some survival action while a city is being terrorised by a gigantic monster. Disaster Day of Crisis meets Godzilla meets EDF.
Gun Head actually did have a trademark filing at the Patent Office recently as well as an indevelopment note on someone's CV, so it seems to have gotten past the pitch stage, though it might have been canned while prototyping.

Haunted

Nirolak said:
Gun Head actually did have a trademark filing at the Patent Office recently as well as an indevelopment note on someone's CV, so it seems to have gotten past the pitch stage, though it might have been canned while prototyping.
ooh, interesting!

Someone make an official "we want Gun Head" thread.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Haunted said:
ooh, interesting!

Someone make an official "we want Gun Head" thread.
Well, based on the Blue's News story, EA has tried making this several times, so I imagine they're still interested, but it's shelved until they're in better financial health.

Seriously. I can't believe EA green lights dreck like Dante's Inferno, but Gun Head get brushed aside. Where is the justice dammit?!

Minamu

:lol Wouldn't Gun Head get some serious Whiplash injuries though?

also, Oliver Twist: The Game - Stalking his prey across rooftops, looking down on dark alleyways in a steam punk futuristic London, getting ready to stab some dudes with his hidden blades.

Day 1.

madara

I love how concept art always looks so amazing until polygons get in the way. Maybe someday technology will have a way to match concept art.

Minamu

madara said:
I love how concept art always looks so amazing until polygons get in the way. Maybe someday technology will have a way to match concept art.
This. MGS for example. Maybe some art that fits the medium it's intended for? That would be nice.

A head thats also a GUN? BRILLIANT!

If any of those games were made retaining the concept art's style, they would be worth the buy just for that.

nexen

Syndicate!

please dont be cancelled please dont be cancelled please dont be cancelled

Put me down for Gun Head too. Do not change the name.

MNC

Stunning art, so much potentional. And yet, they might be only able to convey their stunningness through imagery and not games.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im assuming these were all EA Canada games, as I remember hearing about a couple of them.

Im also assuming they made a pitch to marketing/publishing, who then said "lol this wont make any money lol, CANCELLED" (at leats that what happens at my studio more often than not, haha)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gun Head. :lol So awesome.

The Oliver Twist art also looks awesome, but I'm not sure why.

Holy shit, Gun Head looks awesome.

The other stuff looks neat, too!

But seriously, GUN HEAD!

If EA is so big about digital distro, why don't they make an XBLA/PSN 2d game. Smaller budget, and the people more likely to be into that kind of game probably overlap well with the digital game buying crowd.

:( I would totally play that game!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Didn't see these linked here yet, but from the same artist for an unnamed EA game that's described only as "Arthurian."

2qkusms.jpg

ehemwx.jpg

bdouble

Is it just me or are those concepts far and away more unique than most games that we get. I mean lots of cool, interesting and unique looking characters there.

Just cool scenarios as well. B movie monsters, huge mechs. tree towns. Where is this stuff in games today? It all just seems so safe and plan.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
bdouble said:
Is it just me or are those concepts far and away more unique than most games that we get. I mean lots of cool, interesting and unique looking characters there.

Just cool scenarios as well. B movie monsters, huge mechs. tree towns. Where is this stuff in games today? It all just seems so safe and plan.

Well, you answered your own question. Specially for EA if they dont see the money in it, theyre gonna kill it, and EA has a history of waiting to see what games other companies do rather than take a risk at innovation themselves. Then youll be lucky to get any marketing money :p

Top Bottom