• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May Cover - Bulletstorm by People Can Fly - Dead Rising 2 MP

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/09/may-cover-revealed.aspx

5618.cover.jpg

Bullet-who? The latest issue of Game Informer Magazine answers that question in a big way, with a world-exclusive look at People Can Fly’s upcoming shooter, Bulletstorm. As the name suggests, players will take on hideous mutants in a flurry of lead, all the while racking up combos that encourage variety over headshot after headshot. It’s impressive stuff, and after reading our 10-page feature you’ll have an idea why Epic Games bought a majority stake in People Can Fly after seeing it demoed for the first time.

The May issue is packed with other features, including an in-depth look at Sony’s Move and a look at the terrifyingly prolific voice actor Nolan North. We also have an exclusive-filled Dead Rising 2 preview that highlights an all-new multiplayer mode. Let’s just say that reality-show spoof Terror is Reality is only the beginning. Avalanche Software is hoping to change the way we look at family games with its Toy Story 3 game, and we follow its development from the game’s initial pitch to a playable build.

We’ve also got previews of F.E.A.R. 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Transformers: War for Cybertron, to name a few. On the reviews front, highlights include Sam Fisher’s latest outing in Splinter Cell: Conviction, Metro 2033, and Super Street Fighter IV.

1830.coverspread.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ninja Scooter said:
looks Serious Sam-ish from the screens. Interesting.
The issue is already in a lot of people's hands. It sounds quite interesting, but I haven't seen a really good detail write-up yet.

Kagari said:
Another shooter...
If I'm interpreting the screenshots right, there seems to be some kind of experience system (or is it just a point system?) and some level of melee combat system in the singleplayer at least. But yes for the most part it's a shooter.

Edit:

Yeah these scans are readable. It has an RPG upgrade system where you get skill points to spend on upgrades (new weapon features, etc) for fighting in unique ways.

Pooya

Bullet-who? The latest issue of Game Informer Magazine answers that question in a big way, with a world-exclusive look at People Can Fly’s upcoming shooter, Bulletstorm. As the name suggests, players will take on hideous mutants in a flurry of lead, all the while racking up combos that encourage variety over headshot after headshot.
sounds like "The Club" by Bizarre.

hamchan

MirageDwarf said:
Bullet-who? The latest issue of Game Informer Magazine answers that question in a big way, with a world-exclusive look at People Can Fly’s upcoming shooter, Bulletstorm. As the name suggests, players will take on hideous mutants in a flurry of lead, all the while racking up combos that encourage variety over headshot after headshot. It’s impressive stuff, and after reading our 10-page feature you’ll have an idea why Epic Games bought a majority stake in People Can Fly after seeing it demoed for the first time.

This sounds great. Like what Black was supposed to be!

Speevy

Banned
So they combined multiple genre concepts into one game? And one of them is shooting? Will wonders never cease?

GhaleonQ

That cover is a mess. Look at all of the stuff that's happening. I nominate it for "Silliest Stereotypical Art" against Gust's Japanese work. WHOM WILL WE CROWN CHAMPION?

LQX

That stupid fro has to go. If he didn't have that gun it would look like something out of Final Fantasy.

AAK

reviews people reviews

LQX said:
That stupid fro has to go. If he didn't have that gun it would look like something out of Final Fantasy.

Nah, it's missing some oestrogen to get to that level.

eggandI

Banned
MirageDwarf said:

That sounds really cool. I am definitely interested.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JaxJag said:
Gears had some really colorful levels.

Gears of War not having color is just a myth that I don't understand.
I think this is going to come off as pedantic, but it's not a "myth." Each level of Gears 1 (I won't really talk about 2, since I said 1) has a specific color scheme, it's true: the first level is a blue or a gray, the second is a purple and then a black, the first is a black and then...a juice...and then the fourth is similar to the first, and the fifth is purple.

The scans are more colorful than any of those. There are no vibrant oranges in Gears of War 1 (that I recall). The game isn't "drab" or "lol greybrown," but I would not describe it as colorful. And I would describe this as colorful. If you take issue with this characterization, that's fine.

And I agree with Ghaleon. The image is wacky.

JaxJag

Banned
So when you said "Gears", you meant Gears of War 1?

I mean, when you say "Gears" it sounds like you mean the franchise. If you really meant the first Gears of War, why wouldn't you say "Gears of war 1", or the original Gears?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JaxJag said:
So when you said "Gears", you meant Gears of War 1?

I mean, when you say "Gears" it sounds like you mean the franchise. If you really meant the first Gears of War, why wouldn't you say "Gears of war 1", or the original Gears?
See, now we're back to pedantic.

To be honest, I don't want to mention Gears 2 because, well, I think that game looks kinda better.

geeko

Lets see if I can get some details on Bulletstorm:

- Characters name is Grayson hunt
- Ex leader of special black-ops group called Dead Echo, gone rogue after refusing an order
- Game begins 10 years later Grayson now as a Drunken pirate robbing confederate ships
- Only friend is a cyborg name 'Ishi Sato'
- Game is obviously FPS
- Combat system relies on leash, slide, kick
- Leash is a multipurpose tool, kinda looks like the plasma whip the bad guy in Ironman 2 has
- Leash can be used to pull people towards Grayson, or he can kick people foward or slide under them to knock them off their feet which causes a brief moment of localized bullet time leaving the enemy hopelessly floating in front of your gun.
- They are adding skill shots to the game, essentially the more creative the kill the more points your given to spend on offensive and defensive upgrades.
-skill kills examples are shoot a guy in the throat "Gag reflex +50", kick a guy into cactus "Bad Touch +50" shoot a guy in the nuts the blow off his head while he's on his knees "Mercy +100" :lol etc.
- Thumper upgrade for leash lets you slam it into ground sending enemies dozens of feet into the air so you can shoot at em.
- Flail gun shoots 2 grenades attached to a length of chain, which can wrap around people legs to trip them up or wrap around chest to hold arms down. This has a timer that blows it up or you can remotely blow it up, or let it blow up on contact like a grenade launcher.
- Wrap up a dude with flail, kick him into some enemies and them remotely blow them all up.
- Multiplayer yes, but no Co-op. No Co-op cause they don't want to sacrifice story elements and they don't want people stealing you skill shots...

EDIT: Only one redeeming factor, DRUNKEN SPACE PIRATES!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! At least he's not a bald space

Top Bottom