• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May Cover - Bulletstorm by People Can Fly - Dead Rising 2 MP

Hootie

DEAD RISING MULTIPLAYER
DEAD RISING MULTIPLAYER
DEAD RISING MULTIPLAYER
DEAD RISING MULTIPLAYER
DEAD RISING MULTIPLAYER
DEAD RISING MULTIPLAYER

hamchan

nskinnear said:
GameInformer May 2010 Review Scores:

Metro 2033: 9/10
Super Street Fighter IV: 9/10
Resonance of Fate: 6.75/10
Yakuza 3: 6.5/10
Splinter Cell Conviction: 9/10
Red Steel 2: 8/10
Cave Story: 8.75/10
3D Dot Game Heroes: 8.5/10
Command & Conquer 4: 7.75/10
The Settlers 7: 8.5/10
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: 8.5/10
Picross 3D: 9/10
WarioWare D.I.Y.: 8.5/10
Infinite Space: 8/10

Can''t like to the source, since it contains scans.

and the two games I bought day 1 and am currently enjoying alot get 6.75 and 6.5. :lol

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
ZombieSupaStar said:
oh im sure they'll include that limpdicked new save system now at the least, maybe if we are lucky a "hard" mode will be included that will offer something like the original.

Here's hoping.

KillerAJD

Don't know if this was discussed elsewhere, but I was reading the magazine earlier today, and it said "Both the Move and the sub-controller use accelerometers, gyroscopes, and terrestrial magnetic sensors." Might be old news, and might be wrong, but, it could mean confirmation that the sub-controller has some kind of motion sensing.

raviolico

MDSLKTR said:
5618.cover.jpg

doomfordos.jpg

Duke_Nukem_3D_cover.jpg

<3 people can fly.

Official announcement?

this part sounds pretty interesting if they get it right...

Players take control of Grayson Hunt, who has an arsenal of "over-the-top combat moves" and "outrageously large guns." Gameplay centers on a skillshot system that rewards players by performing creative "skillshot" moves. The more impressive and difficult move performed, the more points players will earn to upgrade their character and unlock new weapons.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I had a quick fact checking question.

Does the Loose Talk column actually have a rumor that Ninja Theory is making the next Devil May Cry game?

TheFreshPrince

Did anyone else have a horrible double/shadow/offset Bulletstorm article?

I'm assuming this wasn't some attempt at a 3d article, and just a printing mishap, but man it makes the screens look horrible. There is insane ghosting and almost looks like the article was printed twice on the page or something!

hamchan said:
and the two games I bought day 1 and am currently enjoying alot get 6.75 and 6.5. :lol
They have opinions just like you have opinions. Crazy world we live in.

TheFreshPrince said:
Did anyone else have a horrible double/shadow/offset Bulletstorm article?

I'm assuming this wasn't some attempt at a 3d article, and just a printing mishap, but man it makes the screens look horrible. There is insane ghosting and almost looks like the article was printed twice on the page or something!
The CMYK Printing Process can fuck up.

ScOULaris

Game Informer's reviews crack me up. They are essentially thank-you letters to select publishers to maintain good ad/coverage relationships.

They basically operate on an 8.5-10 scale at this point for any game that is part of an established series or has a hefty marketing push behind it. Can you imagine them giving a new Halo game a 7? It'll never happen, regardless of the quality of the game. The only games that get less than an 8 are games that GI knows the average reader couldn't care less about anyway, so they can be honest.

People often criticize Edge for being too harsh, but they are the only honest reviews left in the print world (until the new EGM possibly). Look at Metacritic sometime. Dozens of games average in the mid- or even upper-90's with 50+ review sources. That is clearly a problem.

Check out the top-rated movies for each year. Literally two or three movies in a given year might barely break the 90-point mark, and that's on a good year!

Game Informer's scoring criteria describes a 9 as being "head-and-shoulders above all other games in its category." So I guess giving 5-6 games per issue two 9's (including the second opinion) means that every game is head-and-shoulders above every other game? Strange logic.

I'm not bashing Game Informer as a magazine, just their reviews. And honestly, 99% of all other publications, both online and print, are guilty of this too.

Top Bottom