• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC10 Thread of iPhones and iProducts galore

celebi23

wwdc10_hero_full.jpg

WWDC_2010_2.png

OVERVIEW
  • Web Site: http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/
  • Where: Moscone West - San Franciso California
  • Dates: June 7th thru July 11th
  • Events: Keynote, Apple Design Awards, Workshops
  • Purpose: Apple held conference to provide developers and IT professionals with in-depth technical information and hands-on learning about the powerful technologies in iPhone OS and Mac OS X.

KEYNOTE

WHERE YOU CAN FOLLOW LIVE ONLINE
Text/Photos
(If you find other live blogs, please feel free to post the urls)

NO LIVE AUDIO OR VIDEO AVAILABLE.
A video of the keynote will be made available on Apple's Web site hours after the event has ended.

Rumors/expected things to be announced
(Probably any and all iTunes/iPod-related things will be saved for Apple's yearly September event but, you never know)

General WWDC 2010 Predictions

Pictures of the WWDC 2010 preparation
From Flickr.com

Apple hanging Moscone Center banners for WWDC 2010 (AppleInsider)

(Click thumbnails for full-size versions)

Setting the stage for WWDC 2010 (photos)
(16 pictures in the gallery, too many to post here)

Past WWDC topics:

celebi23

panda21 said:
i wonder will we see any of 10.7 or just that it exists?

I'm guessing it'll be like when Leopard was announced to be in development. Nothing more. I think it'll be an iPhone OS-centered WWDC

FUCK! Can a mod move this over to the other side? Didn't realize I posted it on the Gaming Side. Thanks!

The Doop

Chances are slim, but I'm hoping for a interactive touch surface on the back of the new iPhone. Games would really benefit from this since your thumbs wouldn't cover up half the screen.

Corto

June is my MOTY... :D With WWDC, E3, the World Cup and my holidays, this will be an overload of awesome.

Chris R

IDK the thread can be here or there. Going to be plenty of gaming related talk during the keynote, and there are TONS of different sessions/labs about gaming as well (WISH I WAS THERE :( )

Tiktaalik

$99 AppleTV, running an iPhone OS variant

This would be extremely disruptive to the video game industry.

Personally I think we won't see this but they'll heavily focus on iPhone OS 4.0 stuff.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
celebi23 said:
:lol yeah I know. I had too many tabs open & posted it on the gaming-side by accident :lol

Not good but there might be some gaming related news on monday, especially when Steve Jobs show off the game center for the iphone.

celebi23

neojubei said:
Not good but there might be some gaming related news on monday, especially when Steve Jobs show off the game center for the iphone.

Yeah, this is what I get for trying to multitask :lol Ooh, Game Center. I forgot about that :lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Wouldn't this thread do better in OT? Since that's were Apple stuff usually is.

Anyhow, I wonder if the iPad will have much of a showing. Only got mine yesterday.

celebi23

user_nat said:
Wouldn't this thread do better in OT? Since that's were Apple stuff usually is.

Anyhow, I wonder if the iPad will have much of a showing. Only got mine yesterday.

I accidentally posted it on the wrong side :lol I PMed a mod & hopefully it'll be moved soon :D Any mods reading this want to give me a hand? :lol

Expect an almost exclusive focus on iPhone OS and not on OSX much at all, at least is what I heard. I don't expect an AppleTVRedux YET. I expect that next year at the earliest.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Gamecocks625 said:
I'm more pumped for WWDC than E3

Too bad we have to wait until September for the 4th gen iPod Touch.
yeah, same, actually. I really want an iPhone that runs like them shiny 3GS. mission accomplished, apple.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rez said:
can't wait for the new iPhone

Can i ask why? Apart from the shape change and a bit more power, it's still an iphone.

Do you already have one or will this be your first iPhone?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Really hoping for some itunes upgrades.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:
Can i ask why? Apart from the shape change and a bit more power, it's still an iphone.

I have a 3g, but it's all kinds of worn at this point (cracked case, because I'm an idiot), runs many apps fairly awfully (I didn't realise until I noticed how quickly my friend's 3GS loaded most apps), has an abysmal camera and won't support multitasking come time to update.

That, and my contract runs out in June, meaning the upgrade to a 4G will probably be pretty seamless for me as far as my mobile plan is concerned. The time just feels right.

I usually don't go crazy over gadgets (I was immune to the iPad), but the updates promised and expected with this new phone seem genuinely useful to me.

evlcookie said:

Going from a iPhone 3G to an iPad has been night and day, and I've used the HELL out of my iPhone in the 2 years I've had it. A 4G which is supercharged and has better battery life is going to make the iPhone iPad duo the most fearsome pair in my gadget library.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
evlcookie said:

It's the first complete overhaul of the iPhone since it came out, tech-wise it's a bit of a beast.

The screen alone is going to be obscenely good, it's basically print-quality DPI.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
fingers crossed for an awesome new battery. how was the update from 3g to 3gs, in that regard?

any chances of an iPad like battery, or what that be kind of not possible given the size restraints?

Rez said:
fingers crossed for an awesome new battery. how was the update from 3g to 3gs, in that regard?

any chances of an iPad like battery, or what that be kind of not possible given the size restraints?

Battery life probably not at the level of the iPad mainly due to size, but with the inclusion of the A4 chip, that should definitely increase it to some extent. That and if the battery size is a tad larger...then that can only be a good thing.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Rez said:

The new iPhone using the same A4 processor and IPS tech as the iPad should mean a much better battery life.

The battery is also slightly bigger than before.

Rez said:

ipadbattery1.jpg

Doubt it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Good enough reasons, was just curious.

I have an original 3G but never use it. So i will watch the conference and follow it etc (apple fanboy as a kid and the old man is an apple fanboy(man?)) but i can't see me blowing a ton of money on a device i don't use.

I do like the squarer shape though, could make it easier to carry around in the pocket and use when i need to make a call once every 3 months.

home sharing is pretty good on itunes 9, most of the people at work own iphones and we share apps.... it's mostly them getting my games for free cause they are cheap bastards.

RevoDS

celebi23 said:
Updated the OP with more rumors & links :D Man, this & then E3 :D
You wrote MacBook Pro in the rumors; the link mentions MacBook Air updates. Small mistake, but you might still want to correct it.

I completely forgot about the free MobileMe rumors. Adding that to my wishlist to go along with a OS X 10.7 announcement and iPhone OS 4 final release (or GM leak like last year with official release in a few weeks?).

Also, I don't buy the cloud iTunes rumor. It's exactly the kind of thing that would fit in and add an element of surprise to their September music event. I'm guessing we'll see it then along with iTunes X and iPod updates. We'll see.

celebi23

RevoDS said:
You wrote MacBook Pro in the rumors; the link mentions MacBook Air updates. Small mistake, but you might still want to correct it.

I completely forgot about the free MobileMe rumors. Adding that to my wishlist to go along with a OS X 10.7 announcement and iPhone OS 4 final release (or GM leak like last year with official release in a few weeks?).

Thanks for catching that :lol Fixed that & cleaned up the OP a bit. I'm guessing a GM release (for the devs) & then a release for everyone else right around when the iPhone 4G/HD/Next-Gen iPhone is released.

rhfb said:
I've never understood the point of Mobile.me but that is probably just me :|

I use it for the email, the pretty nice online storage & the decent website hosting :D If anyone finds any more live blogs, feel free to post the link & I'll add it to the OP :D Really wish a mod could move this to the other side :lol

BlueWord

Looking forward to this. I wonder how Steve is going to introduce the new iPhone, though. He can't completely ignore the leaks.

celebi23

BlueWord said:
Looking forward to this. I wonder how Steve is going to introduce the new iPhone, though. He can't completely ignore the leaks.

I think he'll handle it like he did with the PowerMac G5 & Intel switch leaks. Although, with a leak this size, it'd be awesome if he had the guy, who lost the iPhone, introduce it :lol Oh & the links in the OP are slowly being updated. The various tech blogs are setting up their live blog pages :D I think I covered all of the major rumors that are floating around. If I somehow missed one, please feel free to post the url to the article & I'll put it in the OP :D

demonkaze

Any idea how the phone works with upgrade on O2 in the UK? I want to upgrade to this for sure when it comes out but I still have a year left on my 3GS 32gb contract, will there be an option and I pay a fee or will I have to pay the whole price of the phone outright?

celebi23

demonkaze said:
Any idea how the phone works with upgrade on O2 in the UK? I want to upgrade to this for sure when it comes out but I still have a year left on my 3GS 32gb contract, will there be an option and I pay a fee or will I have to pay the whole price of the phone outright?

Sorry, I'm not really sure how upgrades work with O2 but, I'd suggest looking at their iPhone support page once the new iPhone is announced. Updated some of the live blog links. Waiting on a few more tech blogs to update their live blog pages & then everything should be ready to go for Monday :D

Top Bottom