• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/28: Netherlands Vs. Slovakia, Brazil vs. Chile |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Day 2 of the mini-threads, with 2 games in the 1/8 final. The great country of Holland will play against the underdog Slovakia. And Brazil will play against Chile.

Vlag_NL.jpg

vs

slowakije.gif

1257703%5ffull-lnd.jpg

vs

1241624_FULL-LND.jpg

And the Five time world champion against the other underdog, Chile.

brlarge.gif

vs

CHIL0001.GIF

1261030%5ffull-lnd.jpg

vs

1258883_FULL-LND.jpg

Danielsan

It's going to be do or die.
I really hope our team finally shows some exciting football.
They have what it takes but thus far I've been nothing short of disappointed.

I want a Germany - Netherlands final. I know that's very difficult for both teams but it would be awesome. So, yeah, go Robben.

Danielsan

Teetris said:
Robben is going to be among the best of the world soon
If he can keep himself in one piece. :lol

Notorious_Roy said:
Go HOLLAND!

Let's see if Robben can do something like this again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIvJ0rRxjxA

http://img.skysports.com/08/06/800x600/Arjen-Robben-v-France_947341.jpg[IMG]
[I]Well, I don't know![/I][/QUOTE]Loved this goal from Sneijder as well.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAy7K9iHpQw&feature=related[/url]

CassSept

jamesinclair said:
A wee bit early for a thread dont you think?
It's already monday in Europe/RSA :D

GO HOLLAND. Sadly I didn't get a tag flag, but I sure do hope they can finally win World Cup.

Quarterfinal against Brazil will be great.
And then semi with Uruguay and final with Argentina, make it happen!

n0n44m

no Robben please, save him for the last 15 mins/Brazil

Elia would be good but Afellay also has different qualities than VDV and he plays well with V Persie (his runs @ Japan were pretty good too)

I'd start Afellay for the first 60 mins, then bring in Elia to switch up the game towards the wings (it worked in the previous games!)

Fio

Sorry Chile, but we're not Argentina, and it seems that Felipe Melo won't play, so you'd better get ready for another ass-whopping.

Brazil 4 - 1 Chile.

Falch said:
Van der Vaart is injured and won't play tomorrow.

His replacement will be Robben, Elia or Afellay.
i was rather dissapointed with Van der Vaart so Afelay or Eliawould be a great choice.

Robben to replace Kuyt in the second half.

I really hope the dutch can show a good shape this game and win this game so they can grow to their match against the brazillians.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Brazil x Holland was the best match at both 1994 and 1998 World Cups.

I'll just hope that Kaka, Elano and Robinho get back to crush Chile like we always do.

msv

OORRRRRRAAANJEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Excited for the match, it's going to be a big party when we win.

Vic said:
^^^What's the story behind the content of the gif?
He tried to clean the German with his spit.

Mobius 1

Brazil said:
Brazil x Holland was the best match at both 1994 and 1998 World Cups.

I'll just hope that Kaka, Elano and Robinho get back to crush Chile like we always do.

1994, that was painful. I still remember Branco's awesome free kick into the goal that changed everything. Ducarai :D

4-1 tomorrow as we send our hermanos chilenos packing home.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
We've been historically wiped from the WCs by Brazil, and the team right now, while very good, I think it stands no chance against them because of the lack of experience (Chile is the youngest team on the WC) from the team, but I expect big things in 2014.

Still will watch, suffer, curse and everything else tomorrow.

VAMOS CHILE MIERDA!!!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Can't we start the new threads just before the start of the game or at least a bit closer to the start?

I doubt the one we have is going to turn into a database wrecking megathread in the next 15 hours.

Road

jamesinclair said:
Isnt GAF on the west coast?

Its not even dinner time yet (before 4pm!)
GAF is wherever you want it to be. Mine is GMT -3.

It's also the 28th already in South Africa.

dabig2

D4Danger said:
Can't we start the new threads just before the start of the game or at least a bit closer to the start?

I doubt the one we have is going to turn into a database wrecking megathread in the next 15 hours.

I'd rather we just had a thread for each section of the world cup. 1 thread for rest of the round of 16. 1 thread for the next round of games. And so on till the finale. I don't think those threads become "megas".

argon

As much as I am rooting for Chile to beat Brazil, I think the task may prove impossible with two of their best defenders sitting out this game due to yellow cards (Ponce and Medel).

Netherlands are looking better and better each game and I expect them to continue that trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom