• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International Cave Fans - Guwange coming to XBL

Flek

Banned
Cave just posted this on twitter

"Our Xbox360 producer Makoto Asada has announced today that Guwange will be released for XBLA internationally: http://bit.ly/9lOry4"

"Guwange

As we receive many E-mails from overseas, Guwange will be released for Xbox 360 as Xbox live arcade title.

Guwange will be localized in English and will be available at all over the world.

The release date and price are not yet decided.

We appreciate for many fans from overseas.

Cave

Makoto Asada"

thx cave, but we still want deathsmiles

sincerely yours,
europe

epmode

Not my favorite Cave game by a long shot but it's a definite buy.

SOMEONE PICK UP KETSUI ALREADY SO I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A J360

Fularu

Banned
Flek said:
Cave just posted this on twitter

thx cave, but we still want deathsmiles

sincerely yours,
europe
It's region free, buy the north american version? Cheaper than a european release anyway

As I posted in the Cave thread, great to get confirmation. If this sells well, I'd love to see them release some of their PS2 (and older) games on XBLA. I already own the disks, but it would be nice to have them all downloaded in the one place. I think I still prefer buying newer stuff on J-360 on disk though, even if I could save about £40 if they also came out on XBLA :p

JustAnotherOtaku said:
As I posted in the Cave thread, great to get confirmation. If this sells well, I'd love to see them release some of their PS2 (and older) games on XBLA. I already own the disks, but it would be nice to have them all downloaded in the one place. I think I still prefer buying newer stuff on J-360 on disk though, even if I could save about £40 if they also came out on XBLA :p

I could definitely get behind this, too. The Mushihime-sama port had its flaws but still played well. I, however, would kill for a not-funky port of Ibara, as well as ports for Pink Sweets and Muchi Muchi Pork.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
hikarutilmitt said:
Come on Cave, put ESPRaDe and Dangun Feveron on XBLA/PSN!

Hell yeah, RaDe is such an underrated Cave game... probably the one that first got me hooked on their titles. Also put Dangun Feveron on it since I <3 disco.

GhaleonQ

Guwange's my favorite Cave game, but, alas, I don't like downloadables and I don't own an Xbox 360. Make a Cave disc compilation already!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guwange is so awesome. I do hope they bring Progear.

vocab said:
Guwange is such a flawed game. Id be surprised to see it sell at all.

I like ESPRaDe so much more.

Guwange was the result from a pool Cave did, so it is has the best chance to sell. If it sells well, more will follow, for certain.

andymcc

Banned
one of my absolute least favorite cave titles, but it's a step in the right direction.

seriously, i just hope someone localizes Ketsui because i don't want to buy a J-360.

matmanx1

Yay more Cave on my 360! Got Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles currently and love them both so I'd love to see and play more of their work. Good stuff!

Tain

I haven't played Guwange enough (like, less than twenty credits spread out over years) to say much about it, but it seems like the scoring is dumb. For someone like me who would be more concerned with clearing the game, though, hopefully it's up to par.

Despite the scoring system being all kinds of stupid(you pretty much have to chain THE ENTIRE GAME to get a good score) I'm looking forward to this.

Could have sworn I heard somewhere that Cave has other plans for a fair bit of their older titles(Retail compilations? Hmm).

Daigoro

RoryDropkick said:
I can't wait. I really loved the music/atmosphere of Guwange, and the Joker Jun art helped that along. Day one for mee :D

totally agree. this game is worth it for the title screen. :lol

andymcc said:
one of my absolute least favorite cave titles, but it's a step in the right direction.

seriously, i just hope someone localizes Ketsui because i don't want to buy a J-360.

Don't hold your breath on that one. Anything by 5pb is the least likely to be brought over.

But Guwange is a pretty decent shoot em up and might make Cave more profit than Deathsmiles.

danmaku

Aigis said:
I wonder how this will compare to their retail releases

It won't have HD graphics but it'll include the arcade version, the Blue version (an arrange mode they showed at a Cave festival once and was never seen again) and a new Arrange mode with dual stick control. It should be kinda like Death Smiles 1.1, with the right stick to control the spirit.

Hopefully it does well enough for Cave to port some of their older games to XBLA as well. Or even some of their less popular games they'd pass on porting otherwise, like Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets. Compilation discs would be good too.

Anyway, looking forward to this. It's not my most favorite Cave game, but it's still pretty great. Game-long chaining lol

conman

Great news. Cave's really spreading their wings lately. iPhone version of ESPGaluda II, Deathsmiles hits North America on disc, and now this.

Also great to see so much love for ESPRaDe. Something about it just hits me the right way. Would love to see a console version come Stateside.

Haha, I first read this as "Irrational Cave fans" and I was going to post about how spending 70 bucks on a bullet hell shooter isn`t that bad because you can get so much play time out of it. Now I just feel like maybe I am irrational and I am just projecting.

On that note, I hope this is 800 allards.

TheShampion said:
Haha, I first read this as "Irrational Cave fans" and I was going to post about how spending 70 bucks on a bullet hell shooter isn`t that bad because you can get so much play time out of it. Now I just feel like maybe I am irrational and I am just projecting.

Who would spend $70 on a game that takes 30 mins to complete and you can win just by mashing continue? :D

Besides me. For all of Cave's 360 releases.

Yes Boss!

Yeah, maybe since the review was a few days ago it will be surfacing shortly. It would be nice if it showed up this month or early next to give us something till The new DoDonPachi. So much Cave shit thus year it is crazy. I'm just now getting to the disc release of EspGaluda 2.

jlevel13

Just noticed a couple things on Cave's English language twitter...

Nice price...

800MSP! RT @Freakcion: @cave_world_en How much will xbla guwange cost? ....
7:45 AM Sep 24th via Seesmic twhirl

& more importantly...

@BenParfitt Hopefully we will be able to do an announcement next week or the week about the XBLA Guwange release date. Stay tuned!
5:26 AM Oct 1st via Seesmic twhirl

Top Bottom