• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twizzlers Vs. Redvines. FIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
Wtf
vs

red_vines_giveaway.jpg

pick your poison. i cant stand red vines.

mj1108

I say Twizzlers because of these:

2rdcf9w.jpg

AWESOME.

Found the cinnamon/fire ones in Baton Rouge when visiting my brother earlier this year. I've never seen the hot ones out here in California.... :(

xbhaskarx

Red Vines. Twizzlers taste too artificial. I'm on my phone, hopefully someone else will post the ingredients list for both...

okno

vhfive said:
this is the real answer

2097_General.jpg
Black licorice is my favorite candy and probably my favorite food over all, but Twizzler's black licorice is wretched. Get some All-Sorts or some Swedish/Icelandic licorice, if you haven't ever had it before. My favorite type is this no-name brand from Iceland (I can't remember it right now, but it's hand made by this guy who owns a bakery and you can only get it at said bakery), because it's salted. Salted black licorice is GODLY.

To answer the original question, I prefer the taste of Twizzler's, but I like the softness of red vines. Twizzlers hurt after a while, but red vines are nice and chewy.

KtSlime

RedVines hands down.

PS: Whatever happened to chocolate redvines from back in the 80's? I bet they sucked, but I want them all the same.

They both suck. Skittles and Starburst (how sad is it that I had to use google to find the name of this one) are the only good fruit based candies.

KtSlime

To all those who have never had Red Vines, they taste like Super Ropes you get at ball games, but they are hollow inside.

Ulairi: I'm from Portland, OR. Red Vines FTW.

Ulairi

Banned
Red Vines taste like something. I don't like the waxy/fake sweet taste of a Twizzler.

I wonder where people are who like what? red vines I believe are a west coast treat. I'm from San Francisco, CA and I go with the vine.

Boonoo

xbhaskarx said:
Red Vines. Twizzlers taste too artificial. I'm on my phone, hopefully someone else will post the ingredients list for both...

Twizzlers

Corn Syrup, Flour, Sugar, Cornstarch, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Artificial Coloring (includes red 40)

Redvines

Corn Syrup, Wheat Flour, Citric Acid, Artificial Flavor, Red 40

HiResDes

ivedoneyourmom said:
To all those who have never had Red Vines, they taste like Super Ropes you get at ball games, but they are hollow inside.

Ulairi: I'm from Portland, OR. Red Vines FTW.
Red Vines pretty much taste like Pull N Peel Twizzlers, with that being said I prefer the standard strawberry flavored Twizzlers.

xbhaskarx

Boonoo said:
Twizzlers

Corn Syrup, Flour, Sugar, Cornstarch, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Artificial Coloring (includes red 40)

Redvines

Corn Syrup, Wheat Flour, Citric Acid, Artificial Flavor, Red 40
Thank you.
5 ingredients to 11 ingredients (including partially hydrogenated oil and other nastiness)...

Why did you edit, now suddenly it's 8 ingredients and no partially hydrogenated oil :lol

Boonoo

xbhaskarx said:
Thank you.
5 ingredients to 11 ingredients (including partially hydrogenated oil and other nastiness)...

I actually switched ingredient lists on you at the last second. There were two lists I was looking at since Twizzlers aren't good enough to put the ingredients on the website.

Here's the first one I had
Corn Syrup , Flour , Sugar , Cornstarch , Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil 2% or Less , Salt 2% or Less , Artificial Flavorings 2% or Less , Citric Acid 2% or Less , Potassium Sorbate 2% or Less - a Preservative , Artificial Coloring 2% or Less - Includes Red 40

Talon

Trent Strong said:
What the hell?
I grew up in the South, and we never had red vines around.

Only heard about them from friends that had lived above the Mason-Dixon Line.

I reckon most of y'all don't know what Cheerwine is either.
Dreadful stuff

KtSlime

Rickard said:
So corn syrup mixed with wheat flour is better than red vines?

Eh, I'd prefer if they used raw cane sugar over corn syrup, but at least it doesn't have partially hydrogenated oil. It doesn't matter, usually if I get a sweet-tooth I go for the panda, or costal candy shoppe made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom