• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sine Mora (Digital Reality x Grasshopper Manufacture) PSN/XBLA Title [Gamescom debut]

kassatsu

Banned
sinemora.jpg

The partnership was announced today at gamescom, with this being the first game. It is a side-scrolling shooter with 3D support and time manipulation elements.

http://www.psnstores.com/2010/08/sine-mora-announced-for-psn/

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
[Nintex] said:
As much as he can get in exchange for Kojima or Sakurai autographs and footstamps.
All I wanted was another Snatcher game. Why is that so hard :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jangaroo said:
All I wanted was another Snatcher game. Why is that so hard :(

Seriously, dude. :(

kassatsu said:
sinemora.jpg

The partnership was announced today at gamescom, with this being the first game. It is a side-scrolling shooter with 3D support and time manipulation elements.

http://www.psnstores.com/2010/08/sine-mora-announced-for-psn/

ooooh, okay. I was curious if it was "Sign Mora" or "si-nay mora".

The katakana cleared that up. シネモラ = si-nay mora

Dascu

Shiggy said:
Is his EA game still coming?
Grasshopper Manufacture's logo showed up during EA's conference in July, when they were talking about EA Partners. Last time we heard of Suda speaking of the game (interview during E3 or so), I think he mentioned that progress is going along nicely.

thetrin said:
ooooh, okay. I was curious if it was "Sign Mora" or "si-nay mora".

The katakana cleared that up. シネモラ = si-nay mora

However, that is latin. "Without delay". I do not know much of latin, but shouldn´t it read like 'seene mora'

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I wonder if they mean side-scrolling shooter like Gradius, or side-scrolling shooter like Contra.

Since there seems to be two threads about it, I'll post this in here as well:

Just came home from the event where Suda presented the game (I'll have an video interview for anyone interested at some point tomorrow morning). The game's gonna be a sidescroller with a Diesel Punk artstyle as Suda said during the interview.

It won't be a bullet hell shooter, but more in the vein of R-Type and the more "strategic placement" action 2D sidescrollers. Suda won't be doing any design for it, but will supervise the sound and graphics.

He sounded really really excited about the game when I talked to him.

He talked about being able to add some of the new talent at Grasshopper because he's not actually designing it, and that gives him the chance to really let other people from the studio shine. He didn't get specific about who, but he referred to them as the younger ones.

On topic of the EA game: It's coming along beautifully, more info soon (he would not confirm TGS, since he honestly didn't know)

And speaking of EA: Criterion if you're listening; Suda wants to work with you.

Dascu

Just came home from the event where Suda presented the game (I'll have an video interview for anyone interested at some point tomorrow morning). The game's gonna be a sidescroller with a Diesel Punk artstyle as Suda said during the interview.
Do want.

It won't be a bullet hell shooter, but more in the vein of R-Type and the more "strategic placement" action 2D sidescrollers. Suda won't be doing any design for it, but will supervise the sound and graphics.
Thought so.

On topic of the EA game: It's coming along beautifully, more info soon (he would not confirm TGS, since he honestly didn't know)
Yay.

And speaking of EA: Criterion if you're listening; Suda wants to work with you.
Not surprising. He's been raving about Burnout Paradise for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for the info Vinterbird.

ascii42

Chiaroscuro said:
However, that is latin. "Without delay". I do not know much of latin, but shouldn´t it read like 'seene mora'
See-nay is pretty much how it would sound.
It would be funny if this gets delayed.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Relaxed Muscle said:
I thought he was while Mikami is taking producing duties (should be the inverse, but oh well...)
This isn't the collaboration project with Mikami.

CaVaYeRo

we interviewed the man during the gamescom. It's more Nintendo-related, but I guess this is the right place to share the highlights we've translated into English:

http://www.revogamers.net/entrevistas/una-kolsch-suda51-691/1.html

- Sine Mora not being in WiiWare is Digital Reality decision

- He jokes he won’t give away the good ideas he has for taking advantage of the 3DS capabilities because other creators could stole them. However, he thinks many developers want to enhance the items collecting aspect of the games with the more material feeling of the 3D.

- Same as with NMH Paradise, GHM has nothing to do with NMH2 for PS3-Move, “it’s not something that we really wanted to do the most”

- NMH3 remains bound for Wii successor, so that new Nintendo console is very important for Suda. He wants GHM to be bigger to make NMH franchise grow by then.

- Terror EA project is coming along well. Wii version unconfirmed, up to EA. Excited to work with Mikami again: he always has solid answers when polishing a game, and they usually agree.

- Extravagance is important to make a difference, but passion is even more important. He thought nobody would like the ‘shaking’ gesture for recharging the beam katana battery, that everyone would say ‘what the hell is this’, but he kept it and everyone loved it.

- We found him wearing a David Bowie T Shirt, so we asked: His favorite album is Ziggy Stardust and he was surprised about Bowie’s role in 99 game Omikron

I guess David Bowie is in every... game developer too!

entrevista_suda_kolsch_03.jpg

faridmon

Glad to see he is sticking with Nintendo consoles for most of his projects.

I can never play Horror games, because i am a sissy man, hopefully The Terror EA game won't be that scary. I want to play it.

<3 Suda 51

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Same as with NMH Paradise, GHM has nothing to do with NMH2 for PS3-Move, “it’s not something that we really wanted to do the most”

Wait... NMH2 is coming to the PS3? Or did they mix up NMH2 with NMH: Paradise?

Ridley327

Diebuster said:
NMH2 is getting ported to the PS3? I thought they were just adding Move support to Paradise.
I think it's just a translation snafu. I can't imagine the sales of Paradise in Japan would come close to justifying a sequel.

Diebuster said:
NMH2 is getting ported to the PS3? I thought they were just adding Move support to Paradise.

Mistranslation, it seems.
It is just Paradise with Move Support for Europe.

Also, I really do hope he makes a game for the 3DS.

Dascu

Cool interview (I tried reading the Spanish version!). Sadly, he doesn't have any news regarding The Silver Case.

:(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The comment about the Wii version seems to confirm that if there was a Wii version of the Collabo horror project, then Ghm wouldn't be developing it internally. It be a Bayonetta situation.
Dascu said:
Cool interview (I tried reading the Spanish version!). Sadly, he doesn't have any news regarding The Silver Case.

:(
I say, we're likely to get a Silver Case remake sometime down the line. Definitely on a handheld. or should I say, the handheld

Serenade said:
The comment about the Wii version seems to confirm that if there was a Wii version of the Collabo horror project, then Ghm wouldn't be developing it internally.
I say, we're likely to get a Silver Case remake sometime down the line. Definitely on a handheld. or should I say, the handheld

We knew that ages ago, actually.
I forget which interview it was, but Suda said that an outside company was making the Wii version.

Dascu

AceBandage said:
We knew that ages ago, actually.
I forget which interview it was, but Suda said that an outside company was making the Wii version.
What, really? First time I ever heard that.

Spiegel

Dascu said:
What, really? First time I ever heard that.

I don't think it was ever confirmed but I found this.

I assume Grasshopper doesn't have the bandwidth to do four platform versions in-house. Are you guys handling any porting like you did for Valve on PS3?

DD: Grasshopper is very capable with regards to platforms. They've currently got one of the platforms subbed out to another developer, but they're handling the rest of them -- Grasshopper and Q? in combination.

Is that the Wii version?

DD: Um --

EA PR: I don't think we have detail on that stuff yet.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3768/david_demartini_on_the_renaissance_.php?page=2

Shiggy

- Terror EA project is coming along well. Wii version unconfirmed, up to EA. Excited to work with Mikami again: he always has solid answers when polishing a game, and they usually agree.

Is that Shadows of the Damned?

Top Bottom