• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesCom 2010 Awards- and the winners are...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gamescom_award_logo_205x205.jpg

The jury consists of six experts from the publishing and media sector:

* Michael Trier – Editor in Chief, IDG Entertainment Media AG
* Petra Fröhlich – Editor in Chief PC Games, PC GAMES POWER PLAYER, PC ACTION, play3, PC Games MMORE, X3, N-ZONE, COMPUTEC Media AG
* Christian Bigge – Editor in Chief Computerbild, Computerbild Online Dienstleistungs-GmbH
* Harald Hesse – Editor in Chief, Gamesmarkt
* Oliver Hartmann – Project Manager, spieletipps.de, Brot und Spiele GmbH
* Bernhard Schneider – Central Multimedia Purchaser, Müller Ltd & Co. KG

drumroll please...

Best PC Game: Crysis 2
The nominees: Civilization 5, Portal 2, Crysis 2

crysis2_screen2_03042010-v2_656x369.jpg

Best Online Game: Guild Wars 2
The nominees: Poisonville, Black Prophecy, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Star Wars the Old Republic, Guild Wars 2

guild-wars-2-20100817070535562_640w.jpg

Best Mobile Game
: Super Scribblenauts
The nominees: The Sims 3, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Super Scribblenauts

super-scribblenauts-20100818060435463_640w.jpg

Best of Family Entertainment: Kirby's Epic Yarn

1405171-rvl_kirbysey_03ss23_e3_super.jpg

Best Hardware Accessory: Playstation Move
The nominees: Kinect, Cyborg RAT 7, Rock Band 3 Instruments, Move

movebundle.jpg

Best Console Game: Gran Turismo 5
The nominees: Mafia II, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, FIFA 11, Fallout: New Vegas, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Gran Turismo 5

gamescom2010_021a.jpg

Best of Show
: Gran Turismo 5
The nominees: Portal 2, Crysis 2, Star Wars the Old Republic, Civilization 5, Gran Turismo 5

gamescom2010_020a.jpg

gamescom2010_022a.jpg

gamescom2010_023a.jpg

I think this year won't be too bad for gaming. :D

Man

Gran Turismo 5 images are broken.

Deserved winners all of them except Crysis 2. Should have been Portal 2.

Tailzo

Scribblenauts is the worst DS game I own (because nearly all my Ds games are really awesome), so I can't shake of my doubts about the sequel). Weird to see it winning best "mobile" game. And in my eyes, very few games could beat Civ 5. Guess Crysis 2 must be really awesome. ;)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Portal 2 looked fucking outstanding

BeeDog

The PC game list is an utter failure by not including Red Orchestra 2 and The Witcher 2. The same with the console list when stuff like LBP2 is missing.

Ikkarus

I'm always amazed when I see pictures of GT5.

A bit puzzled with FFXIV not even getting a nomination and like others have said Portal 2 > Crysis 2 in my opinion.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I would also have preferred Portal 2 for PC.

Although I do feel that GT5 deserved the awards, plus the game looks incredible.

BeeDog said:
The PC game list is an utter failure by not including Red Orchestra 2 and The Witcher 2. The same with the console list when stuff like LBP2 is missing.

Was TW2 playable to everyone? I read some impressions that made it seem like it was just demoed by CD Projekt.

Srsly

Banned
I'm not surprised FFXIV didn't get a nomination -- the gameplay in the beta is excruciatingly awful thanks to horrible design choices that most likely aren't going to be fixed. It's a shame because the art and world are wonderful.

qirex99

Banned
wow, i would have been all over Gt5...5 years ago.

sadly, i cant really get into driving games anymore (I barely track my car and GASP raised my PSS9s 1 inch this year).

Yeah, I think im sick of car racing for now.

still saving up for a gallardo spyder tho! :)

Tailzo said:
Scribblenauts is the worst DS game I own (because nearly all my Ds games are really awesome), so I can't shake of my doubts about the sequel). Weird to see it winning best "mobile" game. And in my eyes, very few games could beat Civ 5. Guess Crysis 2 must be really awesome. ;)
I'm willing to bet everything you hated about the original has been fixed.

But wtf @ Crysis 2 nabbing that win

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
Was TW2 playable to everyone? I read some impressions that made it seem like it was just demoed by CD Projekt.

Oh, didn't think of that aspect. I guess Red Orchestra 2 wasn't playable on the floor either. But what about LBP2? Was it all presentations, or...?

qirex99

Banned
on a serious tip though, I wonder what the next breed of breakout titles will be.

Back in the 80s we had fighting, driving, action/platform and rpgs.

enter the FPS - which has developed into many subgenres, but the fighting game has all but died - as have racing titles and platformers.

We'll have to see how GT5 does at retail, but I worry that its gonna be a swan song for driving games in general.

there are already many driving/action/open world games trying new things...will THE DEFINITIVE "real drivining simulator" appeal to the new school of gamers as much as the old schoolers who have seen/done this many times over?

Cant wait for GT5 (and the related NPD day thread)

eznark

Banned
If Star Wars didn't even beat Guild Wars 2 for mmo, how did get a Best of Show nom when Guild Wars 2 did not??

ultron87

Tailzo said:
Scribblenauts is the worst DS game I own (because nearly all my Ds games are really awesome), so I can't shake of my doubts about the sequel). Weird to see it winning best "mobile" game.

Yeah, I can't really shake the feeling that the Scribblenauts developers are once again playing some horrible trick on everyone by making them think their game is good.

GhaleonQ

Tailzo said:
Scribblenauts is the worst DS game I own (because nearly all my Ds games are really awesome), so I can't shake of my doubts about the sequel). Weird to see it winning best "mobile" game.

I have no idea why people care about 5th Cell, especially with the DS' embarrassment of riches. They haven't put together a complete, coherent game yet.

That said, it didn't have much competition http://gamescom.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1024 http://gamescom.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1026

qirex99 said:
on a serious tip though, I wonder what the next breed of breakout titles will be.

Back in the 80s we had fighting, driving, action/platform and rpgs.

enter the FPS - which has developed into many subgenres, but the fighting game has all but died - as have racing titles and platformers.

We'll have to see how GT5 does at retail, but I worry that its gonna be a swan song for driving games in general.

there are already many driving/action/open world games trying new things...will THE DEFINITIVE "real drivining simulator" appeal to the new school of gamers as much as the old schoolers who have seen/done this many times over?

Cant wait for GT5 (and the related NPD day thread)

GT does it best in Europe so NPD not going to mean much , it also a game that sells for a really long time so don't expect more than million maybe the first month .

Top Bottom