• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesCom 2010 Awards- and the winners are...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I love how people are complaining X game won instead of Y game when none of these games are available so none of us have played them unless we were there at one of these fine conventions to do so.

:p

thcsquad

qirex99 said:
on a serious tip though, I wonder what the next breed of breakout titles will be.

Back in the 80s we had fighting, driving, action/platform and rpgs.

enter the FPS - which has developed into many subgenres, but the fighting game has all but died - as have racing titles and platformers.

We'll have to see how GT5 does at retail, but I worry that its gonna be a swan song for driving games in general.

there are already many driving/action/open world games trying new things...will THE DEFINITIVE "real drivining simulator" appeal to the new school of gamers as much as the old schoolers who have seen/done this many times over?

Cant wait for GT5 (and the related NPD day thread)

In theory, you have a point. Just look at Prologue sales though. I don't think GT is affected by the racing genre's decline....its like platformers. Mario will sell like hotcakes, and others struggle.

V_Ben

Banned
Maxrunner said:
Apparentely the thing wont work well with good light conditions in the room.

Nope. They have an thing in place to dynamically change the colour of the ball to make it more visible to the camera apparently. It'll work well in any light condition :)

Guy Legend

chubigans said:
Best of Show[/B]: Gran Turismo 5

gamescom2010_020a.jpg

DanGreenawalt2.jpg

:lol this thread is funny.

It's bad enough when people attack GOTY lists, but at least then there's a chance they've actually played the game.

Top Bottom