• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesCom 2010 Awards- and the winners are...

Tailzo

SirPenguin said:
I'm willing to bet everything you hated about the original has been fixed.

But wtf @ Crysis 2 nabbing that win
Well offcourse I do hope you're right. But I didn't like the basic jumping and moving, I didn't like the progression in the game (I wanted a more sandboxy progression I guess), the touch controls screen felt sluggish or something and well...

I was honestly really dissapointed.

And kind of sad in a way. I had imagined something very different. My fault for blindly buying it though. Edit: I don't want to sound like a hater / troll, so I'll leave it at that.

StuBurns

Banned
I think Portal is better than Crysis, but they're both such phenomenal games that I'm not going to argue leaning either way is unfair.

[Nintex]

shuyin_ said:
I don't see what else would deserve best hardware but Move.
3DS would've won if Nintendo actually showed it. Surprised to see Kirby win an award for 'family' game with Kinect and Move there and all.

Haunted

Sounds good.

Europe loves Gran Turismo. :D

DennisK4 said:
About Crysis 2, its a German game.....just saying.
ylMbU.gif

Elios83

I think GT5 really deserve the awards it got. The rest I don't really care although I find interesting to note that Kinect is not impressing people so far.

Ploid 3.0

itsgreen said:
I dont like it when racing games use photomode bullshots.

GT5 gif.

Oh noes they are posting gifs now, killzone all over again.

Deal with it.gif

Elios83 said:
I think GT5 really deserve the awards it got. The rest I don't really care although I find interesting to note that Kinect is not impressing people so far.

Have you seen the videos? The only thing I seen that seemed to get people to have fun is that dance game in a China Kinect booth. It seemed more like they were into the music and the dancing people and cheering them on though, rather than the tech. Also the way the game works isn't that amazing.

Haunted

Family Entertainment is the new casual confirmed.

These categories in general are a bit weird and arbitrary. :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Kirby w00t w00t

Family Entertainment is some bullshit nominee tho, Kirby deserves more respect

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Haunted said:
Family Entertainment is the new casual confirmed.

A much more bearable label if you ask me. Much more apt too. Still...

These categories in general are a bit weird and arbitrary. :p

... A gripe I have about nearly every video game award.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
itsgreen said:
I dont like it when racing games use photomode bullshots.
The awesome thing is that we'll all be able to make said bullshots with the final game's photomode. So I don't really mind in this case.

Alex

In no way, shape or form does FFXIV in it's current state deserve a nomination for anything. The beta, one month away from release, is an absolute mess. It makes FFXI look wildly modern and advanced.

Great to see Guild Wars 2 picking up steam. I'm really interested in some of the deviations and ideas they're going for, even though I wasn't big on the original it was a respectable title.

gdt

GT5 looks awesome, but I'm no car nut, or a racing game fanatic, and on top of that I hate sim racers :/. Ah well.

ZoddGutts

VaLiancY said:
Red Orchestra 2 not in the nominees for PC game? :lol

Don't think they showed much of that game other than a presentation, they didn't show the online either.

Oh well. Good to see Guild Wars 2 winning best online. lol FFXIV

darkwing

astroturfing said:
i have this odd feeling of REALLY wanting to get into GT5... even though i don't care about cars at all.

you can go B-Spec mode :D

and yes, FFXIV looks so slow and cumbersome in comparison to GW2, and no PvP? what's up with that

itsgreen

chubigans said:
The awesome thing is that we'll all be able to make said bullshots with the final game's photomode. So I don't really mind in this case.

Yeah but you can also do that in the Forza's and PGR's... it just misrepresents the game. I think it is wrong across the board.

The game will look awesome, I am sure, but not photomode great. And every normal person will think the game looks like that.

Photomode is evil. Thank you Bizarre Creations! Ugh!

StuBurns

Banned
itsgreen said:
Yeah but you can also do that in the Forza's and PGR's... it just misrepresents the game. I think it is wrong across the board.

The game will look awesome, I am sure, but not photomode great. And every normal person will think the game looks like that.

Photomode is evil. Thank you Bizarre Creations! Ugh!
Virtually all publishers/developers releases screenshots that are captured at insane native resolutions and downscaled to an IQ that doesn't even resemble the product.

snap0212

The jury consists of six experts from the publishing and media sector:

* Bernhard Schneider – Central Multimedia Purchaser, Müller Ltd & Co. KG
WTF? Müller is a drug store. They just happen to also sell games, but you cannot pre-order them or anything like that. It's not like any gamer in Germany would ever say "I buy all my games at Müller". You go there to buy a toothbrush or perfume and stuff like that. They could at least have someone from GameStop show up there. Or MediaMarkt, or Saturn.

shuyin_

Banned
[Nintex] said:
3DS would've won if Nintendo actually showed it. Surprised to see Kirby win an award for 'family' game with Kinect and Move there and all.
I agree. But given the hardware nominees, Move deserved the award.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Doodlebug said:
Crysis 2 over Portal 2? Really?

Yeah tell me about it, I mean if there ever was a definitive human creation that was the result of the pinnacle of our brilliance & intelligence it wouldn't be the hubble telescope, or a fusionchamber, nor would that be the ISS either.

It would of course be Portal, the one single flawless object that was ever created during mans existence in this petty universe of ours. It wil be portal, that which will be the fucking measuringstone for civilizations to come, millions of years in the future....

._.

Get over yourself, some dude somewhere wrote that somehow one piece of entertainment media got some obscure non-exsistent pseudo "award" over another piece of media.

Really? REALLY OMG REALLY?!

/grump

etiolate

Banned
Not surprised GW2 outshined the rest. I wouldn't be surprised if it picks up more show awards and critical nods, but ANet does not get the promotion thing too well. I expect GW2 to have less hype than say Warhammer Online, despite looking like an actual advancement in MMOs.

I'm still feeling pretty reserved about the gameplay changes. NEED A BETA.

Tailzo said:
Well offcourse I do hope you're right. But I didn't like the basic jumping and moving, I didn't like the progression in the game (I wanted a more sandboxy progression I guess), the touch controls screen felt sluggish or something and well...

I was honestly really dissapointed.

And kind of sad in a way. I had imagined something very different. My fault for blindly buying it though. Edit: I don't want to sound like a hater / troll, so I'll leave it at that.
I'm with you, as are a lot of people when they think about the bad things with the original. Thankfully they changed all of that. Maxwell doesn't run like retarded doofus on his own, he's been slowed down, you can control him via d-pad like any platformer, and everything. Progress has also been changed, in that the levels are bigger and more involved, and there is no more split between puzzle and action.

I think you represent a large segment of people who felt swindled with the first game and are distrusting of the sequel. It's a shame, as 5TH Cell really went all out with time and effort to polish it up.

Top Bottom