• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic 3K Mushroom Hill in 3D

Salsa

Wouldnt want to play a Sonic game that way, but thats certainly an amazing job.

edit: i missed that music.

jman2050

goldenpp72 said:
um, that looks fucking amazing, it absolutely just destroyed my opinion on sonic 4s graphics :lol

In all fairness to Sonic 4, it's never going to beat anything prerendered in sheer technical quality.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I was expecting 3d gameplay but thankfully it was so much better. That looked really nice especially that giant ring so shiny must grab it @_@

mr_nothin

Banned
Holy Crap...
Looks AWESOME
They've gotten the physics more right than what Sonic 4 has. Love the next-gen filter (seriously)....the washed out browns really fit.

:(
I dont think I even want Sonic 4 after watching this :/

jman2050 said:
In all fairness to Sonic 4, it's never going to beat anything prerendered in sheer technical quality.
Are you really saying that they couldnt get the graphics to look like that on PS3/360???

Beth Cyra

Seems cool, though I wouldn't be intrested with out a Knuckles mode so it lost alot of appeal/cool factor seeing that for someone like me.

goldenpp72

jman2050 said:

I honestly don't think that those visuals would be that far fetched considering it's still on a 2d plane, but you might be right. Still it looks so damn nice!

I mean god my jaw never drops from this shit, but seeing sonic in something so high production was like O_O

MMaRsu

Banned
Holy jesus christ on a stick!

That looks insanely great and better than ANYTHING Sonic team has done since Sonic & Knuckles.

What the hell? Please put this on XBLA and I'll buy it at a HIGH price!

KTallguy

Banned
They just completely mimicked a Sonic 3 video's movement, so there aren't any "physics".
But yea, I would love to play something that looked and played like this.
They even have the rolling/jumping animations down pat.
The "get hit animation" was weird though.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
So if current consoles cant do this, then why not just pull a Donkey Kong Country? It's 2D, how would you ever know?

edit: looking more closely I see its not completely 2d. Even still a competent team could make a game that looked extremely close to this.

KTallguy said:
They just completely mimicked a Sonic 3 video's movement, so there aren't any "physicss".
But yea, I would love to play something that looked and played like this.
They even have the rolling/jumping animations down pat.
The "get hit animation" was weird though.

Yeah, I was just joking, no need to get defensive on that.

I know it's just a vid.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well I didn't expect that, nor did I expect it to look that good with such attention to detail...

This guy should get hired, if he can get something pre-rendered to move like this.

mr_nothin

Banned
jman2050 said:
With that level of AA and lighting quality? No chance in hell.
Get some MLAA in there and I dont see what's so demanding about the lighting. They can even fake the lighting...pre-baked + dynamic. I know on a technical level that they couldnt produce this but they can get really really really freaking close by faking it.

I dont see anything that wouldnt be doable on the consoles.

Eccocid

jman2050 said:
With that level of AA and lighting quality? No chance in hell.
It doesnt look very different from LBP levels. And i dont see anything special in lighting. Not dynamic at all

DonMigs85

If everything's prerendered sprites and stuff I see no reason why PS3/360 or even Wii can't handle this. It'll be a big artistic undertaking though.

-PXG-

Hmmm, let me check out this video...

JESUS FIUISdsafoi=qFewfewqfiew2198fbc9ueqrhidhflkdshfahfwqoiroiwhlkjdsabf30rqufcjdsabv

Why can't Sega do something like this? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY!?!?!?

DonMigs85 said:
It's like Donkey Kong Country or Sonic 3D Blast for a newer era

Too bad in this generation no one tried that particular technical approach.

I mean, a full 1080p game à la RE: Rebirth would be amazing.

careksims

I tell you sometimes, the fans do way better than the company themselves... damn! Why can't we have this or have Sega hire these guy!?

This is the 2d 3d I want! I want a Super Metroid like this :(

onken

Physics (or the illusion of at least) are perfect. This video blows my mind, but also makes me very sad because I know the Sega of today are far too incompetent to make anything approaching this good.

God damn :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's just eerie cause, thats how I always imagined it. And fuck no this shouldn't be in the Sonic 4 thread, because this is the polar opposite.

Top Bottom