Create a Class screen with Killstreaks
Black Ops Multiplayer Trailer
Wager Match Trailer
GameTrailers Deathmatch Montage
Wage Mode Gameplay
Black Ops Gameplay/Commentary Part 1
Black Ops Gameplay/Commentary Part 2
Black Ops Gameplay/Commentary Part 3
Wager Mode: Gun Game with commentary Part 1
Wager Mode: Gun Game with commentary Part 2
Wager Mode: Gun Game with commentary Part 3
* 3 – Spy Plane
* 3 – RC XD
* 4 – Counter Spy Plane $1600
* 4 – Sam Turret $1600
* 5 – Care Package
* 5 – Napalm Strike
* 6 – Sentry Gun $3200
* 6 – Mortar Team
* 7 – Attack Helicopter
* 7 – Valkyrie Rockets $4000
* 8 – BlackBird $4500
* 8 – Rolling Thunder $4500
* 9 - Chopper Gunner $5000
* 11 – Attack Dogs $6000
* 11 Gunship $6000
Lightweight - Move Faster (Pro)
Scavenger - Pick up ammo from fallen enemies. Replenish lethal grenades. (Pro)
Ghost - Undetectable by the Spy Plane and the Blackbird.
Flak Jacket - Reduces explosive damage.
Hardline - Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
Hardened - Bullets penetrate better.
Scout - Hold breath longer.
Steady Aim - Increased hip-fire accuracy.
Sleight of Hand - Faster reloads.
Warlord - Equip two attachments to your primary weapon.
Marathon - Longer sprint.
Ninja - Silent movement.
Second Chance - Pull out your pistol before dying.
Hacker - Ability to detect enemy equipment and explosives.
Tactical Mask - Reduces the effect of flash and concussion grenades.
UPDATE: Looks like streaming is not allowed other than Live blogging. Fucking Activision.
Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-
I made a summary as it went on so people can read it in point form, taken from the live streams:
- 3 pillars of Black Ops are Compete, Customize, and Create.
- COD unlocking system is new, it now uses a currency of "points". You earn them as you play.
- Contracts are time limited challenges that you purchase with COD Points (CP). There are three categories -- Mercenaries, Operations, Specialist. Each is attached to certain play styles and in-game achievements. The harder the contract the better the reward.
- There will also be gambling in COD. Wager Match - you ante up and put your COD Points on the line and wager on matches. The top three players split the pot.
- Four brand new game modes -- separate from your standard rank progression in multiplayer competitive modes and they are the following:
Gun Game - A series of progressive weapons, from pistol to shotgun to sniper rifle, granted to the player after kills. Like in the good old days of counter strike.
One in the Chamber - everyone just has a pistol with one bullet and three lives.
Sticks and Stones - you're equipped with a Crossbow and Throwing knife and Tomahawk.
Sharp Shooter - all players start with the same randomly selected weapon, which cycles. So everyone has the same weapon at the same time.
- There will be something called Combat Training against bots, it will have its own progression system different from the actual multiplayer. This mode was introduced because there are a lot of people who don't take the game online. They say this is a large amount of the COD population. For the first time in COD you can multiplayer...by yourself....or with friends to test maps, weapons, and practice tactics. All in this mode.
- Your character model will show up on the menu so you can see how customization of your dude looks. People will know your perk selection at a glance because it will affect how you look.
- All tactical weapons on the left bumper/trigger and lethal things on the right.
- Equipment includes motion sensors, jammers, and so on.
- Another new change is a batch of special weapons that players will get in Care Packages -- including the Death machine (mini-gun) and Grim Reaper ("nasty" grenade launcher).
- Other killstreak rewards: Napalm Strike, Gunship, Mortar Team, the Radio Controlled Car, SAM Turret (it takes down a chopper).
- On customization, players have a special attachment to their weapons -- so they can place clan tags, decals and more on their weapons. Differently painted guns with custom targeting reticules and decals on everything were shown in the video. Flamethrowers, sniper rifles, shotguns... everything can be customized with stuff you've earned and unlocked. There's an emblem editor as well - apparently has a lot of options like layering, rotating, scaling, etc...
- Theater Mode was demoed. Switch the player between any players perspective -- first or third person -- or free cam to move within a 3D space.
The presentation will be on www.callofduty.com in a few days.
Alright this should start soon, so starting new thread. Will update this with the information later but here is the stuff that has already been posted/rumored so far. Also the links for the streams.
Quite a few links on this site
If any of you have any additional blogs/streams post the links, I will update them.
Originally Posted by Xux
Rumors already, from the UK magazine Short List:
-There is going to be an object called 'Nightingale'. It was a bundle of firecrackers that created noise and gunfire sounds, as to draw Viet-Cong to the location. If in multiplayer it could create a flashing red dot on enemy radar, a fake person so to say
-"You can create a tag and etch it onto your weapons, so they're stamped as yours. The option is also there to alter your sights and clip on attachtments such as flame-throwers"
-another new feature is the addition of currency in multiplayer. Your success gives you cash which you can spend on unlocking new weapons, uniforms and accessories to your player
-New Team Tactical type gamemode called Wager Match. It chooses a random game mode out of One in a Chamber, Sharpshooter, Sticks and Stones and Gun Game
-One in a Chamber - you have one bullet and a knife, and every kill you get gives you another bullet
-Sharpshooter - you are given a random weapon, so you either get a overpowered, or underpowered weapon
-Sticks and Stones - you have a crossbow, ballistic knife and Tomahawk. Crossbow and ballistic knife kills give you points, Tomahawk kills don't
-Gun Game - you start off with a bad weapon, but every kill upgrades you weapon. The first to reach the 20'th gun wins. Here is some footage of a Gun Game mod from mw2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapK3gDMZSo
-TDM is still there, but points such as headshots, and other bonuses are added to the team score
-Three confirmed maps:
-Radiation (set in a power station)
-Summit (snowbound mountain base)
-Launch (missile base - the rocket will lift off dureing gameplay, and fry anyone underneath)
There's scans, too, and they're kinda poor quality but I can make out a lot the info in the post so I guess I can't dismiss it. Also, for the Sharpshooter game mode, the article makes it sound like the guns' power levels are randomly changed instead of there being tiers of weapons.
Also, Square Enix posted this to their YouTube channel: