• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

MS/Activision are like that annoying couple in high-school that are constantly making out in the hallway and rubbing up on each other in the cafeteria making sure everybody fucking knows.

SolidSnakex said:
It's because MS has a deal with Activision when it comes to CoD. They get the DLC before anyone else so do you really think that they're going to allow a beta to hit the PS3?

Yeah yeah I know, but I can hope! Well I'm sure they can't leverage the beta to be entirely exclusive, if Treyarch wanted to do a PS3 beta I'm sure it would happen, but not for at least 2 weeks after the 360 or something.

zero margin said:
Yeah paying for gold does keep me up nights wondering how I will pay the next bill. Anyway, MS and activision are bros. Won't see it on PS3.

Don't be a fuck head, I'd obviously pay it because I like Call Of Duty and yeah it's not a lot of money, but then thats one more recurring charge I have to remember to call in and cancel. Why not buy a card you say? Because I would never use live for anything else.

KingDizzi

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
MS/Activision are like that annoying couple in high-school that are constantly making out in the hallway and rubbing up on each other in the cafeteria making sure everybody fucking knows.

Sony being the dude on the side getting some of that Activision ass when no one is looking. Have PS3 owners ever had a beta for the COD games? I cannot recall there being one and don't see that changing seeing the agreement for DLC between MS and Activision.

High hopes I have for this game.

Jtyettis said:
Man not so sure about this stache.

Quite :/

CryptiK

itsgreen said:
Yeah I know...

MS has some rights via Rare
Activision has James Bond
and Nintendo has console rights and some others (N64)

Because Nintendo was never going to let Goldeneye come on 360, MS made a deal with Activision in exchange for (timed) exclusive COD DLC/online thingies...

But that was just my educated guess...
No MS has absolutly no rights to GoldenEye

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It appears they're finally entering the theatre. (I will not spam this topic, just pointing out it's about to start)

itsgreen

I guess they can't broadcast it, because the video has music... and the music has rights... etc etc evil music companies ruined this.

AcciDante

I heard from undisclosed inside sources that the IMAX theater they're in cost 775 million dollars to rent out for one night.

adelante

-Pyromaniac- said:
lmao u mad? Sony and EA's been all over each other like that (BFBC2 beta, MOH timed-exclusive beta) but hey, why interfere with a blooming relationship? :lol

RedStep said:
Likewise with EA and Sony. And what? It's called a marketing deal.
Haha this. Seriously people, get with the times. And besides, it's not even confirmed yet that the beta won't come to the PS3..

itsgreen

AcciDante said:
I heard from undisclosed inside sources that the IMAX theater they're in cost 775 million dollars to rent out for one night.

But to be clear, that price does get you the whole Imax company with that rental...

FrankT

X26 said:
huh? ea is pretty neutral

EA and Sony have had multiple marketing deals this year. Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor and Dead Space 2 off the top and I’m sure I’m missing some in the last year.

Arnie

They haven't even begun discussing the actual game and they're already reiterating the exclusive Xbox Live map packs. What has gaming become.

iNvid02

Arnie said:
They haven't even begun discussing the actual game and they're already reiterating the exclusive Xbox Live map packs. What has gaming become.

like i said, so far up their ass

ShaunBRS

itsgreen said:
Didnt Rare create the game, and MS buy Rare, and thus have rights...?

They have the rights to the game code I think, but that's about it. Rare was never the license holder, just the developer.

Jtyettis said:
EA and Sony have had multiple marketing deals this year. Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor and Dead Space 2 off the top and I’m sure I’m missing some in the last year.

Despite that the MoH beta was still on 360, just sayin.

FrankT

Terrordactyl said:
Despite that the MoH beta was still on 360, just sayin.

Yet there is also exclusive content for all those games on the PS3 iirc. So it kind of goes both ways. That beta was no where near worth anything however.

Top Bottom