• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy Site Opens

duckroll

Famitsu confirms that Lightning can change between Attacker, Blaster, and Healer using the L/R buttons, and that there is an Assist System where you can call out an ally and have up to 4 characters fighting at one time!

HYPE!

duckroll

Nomura also confirms that you can carry over your Dissidia save, but he doesn't specify what it carries over. Every single character from the first game will be in the second, and there will be many new characters and "not just 3-4 new characters". The Story Mode details are being kept under wraps for now, suggesting that it's going to be pretty different from the first game.

duckroll said:
Famitsu confirms that Lightning can change between Attacker, Blaster, and Healer using the L/R buttons, and that there is an Assist System where you can call out an ally and have up to 4 characters fighting at one time!

HYPE!

:0 Whoa! Hype indeed!

duckroll said:
Every single character from the first game will be in the second, and there will be many new characters and "not just 3-4 new characters".

Well, I loved the first game but am completely done with it (I double dipped on JPN and US versions, and went 60-80 hours on each-) and that's pretty much exactly what I needed to hear to get excited for another release. Hype am get.

My guess is 2 heroes from each of the 11 main FFs, probably just the FF11 chick with no additions, a couple more villians, and maybe a side character such as Ramza

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
robotzombie said:
My guess is 2 heroes from each of the 11 main FFs, probably just the FF11 chick with no additions, a couple more villians, and maybe a side character such as Ramza
There are fourteen main FFs.

rataven

duckroll said:
Nomura also confirms that you can carry over your Dissidia save, but he doesn't specify what it carries over.
Whew. That's a relief. Hopefully that includes our full character builds.

Something small and possibly pointless that I noticed, but Kain's character portrait is facing left, along with the other heros. I'd wondered if they were setting him up to be a pawn of Chaos, but I'm guessing this indicates he's in the Cosmos camp.

duckroll said:

HYPE!
IF this means calling out the actual ally that you have specifically leveled and equipped, then

yeah, hype.

sciplore

duckroll said:

HYPE!

Well damn, I may need to board the hype train for this one :D.

duckroll said:
Nomura also confirms that you can carry over your Dissidia save, but he doesn't specify what it carries over. Every single character from the first game will be in the second, and there will be many new characters and "not just 3-4 new characters". The Story Mode details are being kept under wraps for now, suggesting that it's going to be pretty different from the first game.
Okay, my hype for this game is going up now. Along with the Ally system, I'm getting interested.

Regulus Tera said:
There are fourteen main FFs.

I meant 12, 11 was a simple mistake. Final Fantasy 11 I counted separately because despite being a numbered title, it just simply isn't going to get the same Dissidia recognition as the rest of the series, and obviously doesn't have much going for it in the way of playable characters people would want to see. Final Fantasy 14 probably doesn't even exist in terms of Dissidia 2, much in the way 12 was tacked on late in the game and didn't even get a hero

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
robotzombie said:
I meant 12, 11 was a simple mistake. Final Fantasy 11 I counted separately because despite being a numbered title, it just simply isn't going to get the same Dissidia recognition as the rest of the series[/...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCy1xevi2ZI

robotzombie said:
Final Fantasy 14 probably doesn't even exist in terms of Dissidia 2, much in the way 12 was tacked on late in the game and didn't even get a hero

Sounds like wishful thinking to be honest.

That proved absolutely nothing. I know full well those two characters were in the game, my comments still stand.

Edit: Wishful thinking? More like a logical assessment... I see you are extremely personally offended by the lack of putting the online titles on the same level as the rest of the main series, but they just make less sense in terms of this game, a game based fully on the characters and the fanservice they bring...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Squeenix considers FFXI a mainline Final Fantasy as proven by Shantotto's inclusion in the first Dissidia. They could have easily given her position to a more popular character from a spin-off, but they didn't. There's no reason at all why the will suddenly stop recognising it.

MechaX

duckroll said:
Nomura also confirms that you can carry over your Dissidia save, but he doesn't specify what it carries over.

Good to hear that my 70 or so hours of the JPN version and my 98 hours of the US version will carry over in some way shape or form!

sciplore

robotzombie said:
I meant 12, 11 was a simple mistake. Final Fantasy 11 I counted separately because despite being a numbered title, it just simply isn't going to get the same Dissidia...

I hate when people do that to 11 and possibly 14. Its like they are stating I never played it so that part of the series should not exist. Ugh

duckroll

Some more info on Dissidia 012:

- New summoms.
- More unannounced systems.
- The bars under the HP bar is are the assist bars. They're drained when you use assist commands.
- ALL CHARACTERS WILL HAVE A THIRD COSTUME THIS TIME INSTEAD OF JUST TWO.
- There will be Famicom chiptunes in the BGM this time.

duckroll said:
Some more info on Dissidia 012:

- New summoms.
- More unannounced systems.
- The bars under the HP bar is are the assist bars. They're drained when you use assist commands.
- ALL CHARACTERS WILL HAVE A THIRD COSTUME THIS TIME INSTEAD OF JUST TWO.
- There will be Famicom chiptunes in the BGM this time.
Oh boy. Slightly light blue outfit for Zidane, can't wait.

Spiegel

duckroll said:

Many new characters and different story mode?

Sounds great (for now)

Saw the scans. Looks like Kain's EX mode is his Holy Dragoon appearance from The After Years.

2uprfnr.jpg

His first alternate was what I expected, the Dark Kain from The After Years. I was expecting a simple pallet swap but the model is changed up to match the design from the game, along with the spear he holds in the artwork for The After Years. Although Lighting's alternate doesn't give me much confidence in the other ones getting more effort put into them. Then again I haven't played Final Fantasy XIII so I don't know why her alternate is just her with white hair.

Lightning's alternate color is based off of Amano's depiction of her. I mean, outside of the purge robes (which I would think would be a pain to animate correctly), Lightning doesn't really have an alternate look to pull from.

And I just saw the scans--there's a couple of pictures of Lightning and Garland fighting on a new stage. It looks like Orphan's Cradle from FFXIII. Kind of suggests to me that Barthandelus is in, if there is a FFXIII villain.

Jeels

TGS demo stuff has been translated!

http://www.finalfantasy.net/misc/15-09-2010/duodecim-at-tgs-controls-and-characters/

Translation of the Assist System:
+ Relying on supporters to “Assist” gives you an advantage in battle!
+ Fill up your assist gauge with brave attacks to summon an assist character!
+ Use the L+O buttons to do an assist brave attack, or L + [] for an assist HP attack!
+ If you fill 1 memory in the gauge: Use the L+O buttons for an assist brave attack!
+ If you fill 2 memories in the gauge: Use the L+[] buttons for an assist HP attack!
+ In this edition, each character has a set assist character!
+ One point of advice: The assist character will perform different attacks if your opponents are on the ground or in the air. You can carry out original combos by doing things like connecting assists to the player’s attacks!

The site also has all the details from last night's scans in a different update, but not linking to that for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom