• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

JuXnX.jpg

Castle Mondays at 10PM on ABC
Created by Andrew W. Marlowe

About the show said:
He’s famous. He’s gorgeous. He’s smart as hell. He is mystery novelist Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion), and he’s hot on the trail of real world criminals. ‘Why,’ you ask? Because he’s got nothing better to do.
Bored with his own success, Castle shadows the every move of NYPD detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). She’s an aggressive detective who keeps her investigations under tight rein, and her feathers are oh-so-ruffled by Castle’s presence (in spite of the fact that she’s secretly a huge fan.) Amid incessant sexual tension and constant close talking, this flirtatiously-charged duo builds on their mixed-up relationship as they look to solve strange homicides in New York. Kids, this is as much fun as one can possibly have with death and murder!

Castle is kept grounded by his Broadway diva mother, Martha Rodgers (Susan Sullivan), and quick-witted teenage daughter Alexis (Molly Quinn). Also starring in the series are Ruben Santiago-Hudson as NYPD captainRoy Montgomery, Tamala Jones as medical examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD detective Javier Esposito and Seamus Dever as NYPD detective Kevin Ryan.

Castle is produced by ABC Studios. Andrew Marlowe (creator/writer) serves as Executive producer, along with Rob Bowman (who also directed the Pilot), Rene Echevarria, Laurie Zaks, Armyan Bernstein.

Official ABC Website

Catch up on Hulu

Twitter Feeds:
Richard Castle
Nathan Fillion

Cast and Characters (IMDB Links in pictures)

Preview the upcoming book

But the show on DVD

Preview of Season 3

Synopsis:
Episode 03x01 "A Deadly Affair" Airing 9/20/10 said:
Beckett and her team burst into an apartment on a murderer's trail, just to be surprised when they see Castle, who they haven't heard or seen in months, standing over a dead woman's body holding a gun. Beckett, has no other choice but to arrest Castle until he proves his innocence.

Episode 03x02 "He's Dead said:
Beckett and Castle look for the killer of a famous psychic while debating whether extrasensory abilities are real or not. When a letter arrives from the victim predicting her death they must determine who actually wrote the letter – the victim or the killer.

Upcoming Episodes said:
Episode 03x03 "Under the Gun" Airing 10/4/10
Episode 03x04 "Punked" Airing 10/11/10
Episode 03x05 "Anatomy of a Murder" Airing 10/18/10

ThLunarian said:
When is the season premiere? Didn't see it in the OP or in the preview
Fuck. Had it in the op, but when I did a last minute edit I must have deleted that line. My bad.

Premier is this monday, 9/20.

Actually, that info is in the synopsis at the end.

teebs33

Neo Member
So excited for this to get started. I started watching it over the summer and the Girlfriend and I burned through the first 2 seasons pretty quickly.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
PhoncipleBone said:
Premier is this monday, 9/20.

Actually, that info is in the synopsis at the end.

Excellent, both Chuck and Castle are back on the same night. They are pretty much the only two shows I watch after giving up on Bones, House, and Office last season.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Excellent, both Chuck and Castle are back on the same night. They are pretty much the only two shows I watch after giving up on Bones, House, and Office last season.
With The Event on in between. Good night to start the tv season.

jax (old)

Banned
Screaming_Gremlin said:

House??

You crazy. Chuck is the show you should give up. It's so stupid now and s2 n3 were both mehish

Screaming_Gremlin

Jax said:
House??

You crazy. Chuck is the show you should give up. It's so stupid now and s2 n3 were both mehish

I can understand not liking season 3 (even if I think it did redeem itself quite a bit with S3.5), but not liking season 2? I am afraid you are the crazy one my friend.

As per House, I just got tired of the soap opera the show turned into with House and Cuddy (and the rest of his team really). I'll probably still catch the season once it comes out on DVD/BRD, but I just don't care enough anymore to make time to watch it new every week.

Anyway, so I quit derailing the thread, I don't suppose there has been any word on if there are plans to release Castle on Blu-Ray? I have heard TV hasn't done quite as well on BRD, but it seems like most of the major shows were now releasing in the format.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
I can understand not liking season 3 (even if I think it did redeem itself quite a bit with S3.5), but not liking season 2? I am afraid you are the crazy one my friend.

As per House, I just got tired of the soap opera the show turned into with House and Cuddy (and the rest of his team really). I'll probably still catch the season once it comes out on DVD/BRD, but I just don't care enough anymore to make time to watch it new every week.

Anyway, so I quit derailing the thread, I don't suppose there has been any word on if there are plans to release Castle on Blu-Ray? I have heard TV hasn't done quite as well on BRD, but it seems like most of the major shows were now releasing in the format.
Most shows with fiercely loyal followings have come to blu. WB is the best about getting their tv on blu. ABC not so much, but they know Losties are fanatically devoted.

Show returns tonight. It is going against the pilot episodes for "The Chase" (which will most likely bomb in my opinion). and "Hawaii Five-O" (which will probably do quite well).

Screaming_Gremlin

PhoncipleBone said:
Show returns tonight. It is going against the pilot episodes for "The Chase" (which will most likely bomb in my opinion). and "Hawaii Five-O" (which will probably do quite well).

Is it really going out on a limb to predict that an NBC show will bomb? Anyway, I am really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Is it really going out on a limb to predict that an NBC show will bomb? Anyway, I am really looking forward to tonight's episode.
More going out on a limb saying that a bad looking NBC show with an annoying looking lead is going to bomb.

The Event I am not so sure about. It is getting solid reviews, but FlashForward did as well for its pilot. Hopefully some lessons were learned there.

-NeoTB1-

My wife and I have an understanding. She has a major crush on Nathan Fillion, and I have one on Angelina Jolie. I think Nathan is a really cool guy, and she would turn bi for Angelina. :D So while I don't have a man crush on him per se, I can't in all good conscience be upset with her for drooling over him. :lol

Castle is a great show. One of the few that we watch on a regular basis.

Ratings are in.
THR LiveFeed said:
"Castle" (11.2 million, 2.8) posted significant gains, not surprisingly. The show was expected to be aided by its "Dancing" lead-in and grew in the numbers during last season. Last fall: 2.3.

Show continues to rise in the ratings. It was bested by Hawaii Five-O for the time slot, but that is not surprising. Let's see how Hawaii keeps its ratings after the premiere though.

Screaming_Gremlin

Good to see that the show is doing well. I enjoyed last night's episode, if for no other reason then the scenes where they keep running into Castle at the various crime scenes.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Good to see that the show is doing well. I enjoyed last night's episode, if for no other reason then the scenes where they keep running into Castle at the various crime scenes.
I just cant believe he is stoopid enough to pick up a gun at a crime scene. "But what if they were the bad guys coming?"

Hmm, completely forgot about this show coming back on. Its simple, and generally entertaining. Fillion is probably the only reason I watch it though. He's dreamy *swoons*

Screaming_Gremlin said:

Yeah, that was some pretty funny stuff. I really enjoyed last night's episode, glad to have it back.

Somnia

Really enjoyed last nights episode. The chemistry between Castle and Beckett keep this show going for sure. Love the looks she kept giving the other officers throughout the show when they messed with Castle and the fact she let him win the bet :D

Shadow780

There isn't an episode goes by that I haven't wondered when are they gonna just rip off each other's cloths and get it over with.

not counting the novel

Carlisle

Are those real novels? I thought they were joke books thrown together by ABC to promote the show. That's pretty awesome.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm pumped.

As I seem to recall, this show has a lot of haters on GAF. But I really like it. That might be because I don't watch ANY of the other cop/procedural shows. No CSI, L&O, Bones, or any of the others. Just Castle. So what might be old hat to some TV viewers is always fresh for me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Loved last night, what a ton of fun that was. As gremlin pointed out, castle turning up at crime scenes was just too good and the fact that's how they reintroduced him into the show was pretty awesome.

I think for me personally, this is about the only show that does a somewhat believable romance between the main characters. You could tell that beckett was pissed, upset and somewhat alone without castle around.

I do find it odd that she looks away from the person she is talking to when asking a question until the very end :lol

Samara

For anyone who missed it, It's on CTV.ca
'Bout fucking time they fixed Kate's hair. It looked a mess.
The show is just great. They make such a perfect odd couple :D

Carlisle said:
Are those real novels? I thought they were joke books thrown together by ABC to promote the show. That's pretty awesome.
I just wonder which novelist is actually writing them. With all the actual authors that guest on the show, I would think it would be one of them. I know that Andrew Marlowe (the show's creator) is the rumored ghost writer, but I really want to know. Coworkers have picked the book up occasionally and read a little to try and decipher it, but no one can make certain.

adelante

"Just like that cable show" :lol I was thinking of Breaking Bad too the moment Castle mentioned high school chemistry teacher and meth...awesome reference.

dwebo

Last night's premiere was great! This is easily the best
crime procedural
show on
network
TV.

Though I didn't like how Kate was wearing designer-ish outfits the entire episode. Wasn't her clothing more subdued in past seasons?

dwebo said:
Last night's premiere was great! This is easily the best
crime procedural
show on
network
TV.

Though I didn't like how Kate was wearing designer-ish outfits the entire episode. Wasn't her clothing more subdued in past seasons?
At least her hair is better this year. But the desingerish clothes probably come with an increased budget. Same thing happened with Scully on X-Files. Once they got a decent budget, Gillian Anderson begged to get a good wardrobe.

dwebo

That makes sense. To be honest, I don't really care what she ends up wearing. I'm just glad the crew is back together! All the time spent just on glances between the characters was awesome :lol

dwebo said:
That makes sense. To be honest, I don't really care what she ends up wearing. I'm just glad the crew is back together! All the time spent just on glances between the characters was awesome :lol
My only complaint is that Stana Katic annoys the shit out of me. I love the entire cast, except her.

adelante said:
"Just like that cable show" :lol I was thinking of Breaking Bad too the moment Castle mentioned high school chemistry teacher and meth...awesome reference.
I recall they name-dropped a show last season in about the same way but I can't remember which one.

Davey Cakes

I am absolutely awed by the fact that this show wasn't canned after its first season.

And no, I haven't watched the show, but when I first heard of it, for some reason I couldn't help but predict failure. And that's especially because of Nathan Fillion's inclusion. I love Fillion, but the guy usually can't pick a good project. I'm very happy that Castle's working out for him.

I'm going to chalk this up to the list of shows I need to watch.

Shadow780

PhoncipleBone said:
My only complaint is that Stana Katic annoys the shit out of me. I love the entire cast, except her.

Nonsense, she plays her flirtatious beautiful detective role very well.

Now when she's trying to be dramatic and serious, that's another story.

Shadow780 said:

Stana Katic just standing around and not speaking annoys me. Just something about her is very off putting to me. The rest of the cast overcomes any negative feelings I have towards Stana Katic. I didn't say she was a bad actress, just that she annoys the shit out of me. But, different strokes for different folks.

Noshino

Rash said:
I am absolutely awed by the fact that this show wasn't canned after its first season.

And no, I haven't watched the show, but when I first heard of it, for some reason I couldn't help but predict failure. And that's especially because of Nathan Fillion's inclusion. I love Fillion, but the guy usually can't pick a good project. I'm very happy that Castle's working out for him.

I'm going to chalk this up to the list of shows I need to watch.

Actually, if Im not mistaken the ratings for the show have been on the rise

"The Season 2 episode "Boom!" (the finale of a two-part episode featuring Dana Delany) not only attracted the highest audience of the show's run (14.5 million viewers), but was the highest rated show on ABC in its time slot in 14 years"

There is no way ABC is messing with this show, specially since it is one of their current heavy hitters :D

I don't mean to give less credit to the rest of the cast, but Fillion is pretty much the one carrying the show on his shoulders, that guy is too damn likable! :lol I guess he just needed a show with a premise that was more appealing to the average viewer. Great for him, well deserved success I say.

Shadow780 said:

Actually, the episode where information about her mother's killer came about was great

Top Bottom