• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldeneEye:Source 4.1 hitting Friday and officially out of beta!

gimz

Brettison said:
With Beta 3 it switched to the Orange Box SDK. If you have Portal, TF2, HL2 etc... then you're good!
I have orange box so im good? woot!!!
its the first time i can play thing like this! i always felt so left out!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
10 more pics from my 1st night of playing! :D :lol :D

GE1stNightPic1.png

GE1stNightPic2.png

GE1stNightPic3.png

GE1stNightPic4.png

GE1stNightPic5.png

GE1stNightPic6.png

GE1stNightPic7.png

GE1stNightPic8.png

GE1stNightPic9.png

GE1stNightPic10.png

PS: Thanks for everyone who downloaded and played with us tonight!! :D

Vanillalite

PhoncipleBone said:
Damn. Oh well. Perhaps I can convince my wife to let me install Portal on her laptop so I can play some GoldenEye Source goodness.
You don't even need to install portal. You just need to own it, and be logged in. When you install the game and rub it the 1st time it will install the SDK for orange box!

Vanillalite

MarshMellow96 said:
Taking an awful long time to download. Should be worth it however..
Did you try switching links? I went from sub 200 to 500+ on my download rate when I switched sites

Rich!

Got it. Holy shit...this is fucking incredible

I'm amazed this is a more authentic goldeneye experience than both Perfect Dark XBLA AND the new Wii one combined!

I shall be gathering some mates online to play this one, oh yes. Ahhhh, the levels are perfect - Bunker is exactly as I remember!

And I love the option to disable jumping/going off ledges. Makes Library and complex all the more fun. :lol

Vanillalite

richisawesome said:
Got it. Holy shit...this is fucking incredible

I'm amazed this is a more authentic goldeneye experience than both Perfect Dark XBLA AND the new Wii one combined!

I shall be gathering some mates online to play this one, oh yes. Ahhhh, the levels are perfect - Bunker is exactly as I remember!

And I love the option to disable jumping/going off ledges. Makes Library and complex all the more fun. :lol

I'd actually agree. I've had more fun with this mod than I ever did when I tried out PD on XBLA.

I also have to admit I think the last time I tried this mod was in the 3.X stage, and IMO it's come a LOOOONNGGG way since then. I'm digging it wayyyy more now than I did then. You can tell why they chose to drop the beta tag now because it's crazy polished!

Played a bit of this last night, rather impressed with how polished the whole thing is. I'll definitely be getting some of my friends to check it out.

xemumanic

I have Portal, but after installing GES 4.1, all that happens is it makes Steam go to the Store.

Is Portal not enough?

Nabs

xemumanic said:
I have Portal, but after installing GES 4.1, all that happens is it makes Steam go to the Store.

Is Portal not enough?
did you buy portal, or get it for free?

Vanillalite

Nabs said:
Source SDK Base didn't come with the free version of Portal.

Interesting. This is a bit of info I didn't know. Surprised it didn't though as it has to use the base to run obviously.

Lettuce said:
Wasnt there a Perfect Dark Source aswell, is that still going??

I think that project is at a dead end currently.

Rich!

So uh, I don't know how to set up a server. I want to set up a private server for my mates to join in on, but whenever I start one up, it wont appear in the search.

I know I have to do some kind of console command (sv_lan 0 maybe?) but that doesn't work.

Help, dudes. Google searches havent come up with anything yet.

Bebpo

Banned
Do I have to install a source game or SDK (there's 3 of them, which?) to play this? Since my last reformat I haven't reinstalled any source games but they're in my games library if I need to.

ntropy

Bebpo said:
Do I have to install a source game or SDK (there's 3 of them, which?) to play this? Since my last reformat I haven't reinstalled any source games but they're in my games library if I need to.
just Source SDK Base 2007

thefro

richisawesome said:
So uh, I don't know how to set up a server. I want to set up a private server for my mates to join in on, but whenever I start one up, it wont appear in the search.

I know I have to do some kind of console command (sv_lan 0 maybe?) but that doesn't work.

Help, dudes. Google searches havent come up with anything yet.

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta4_Server_Install

You need another set of files to setup a server.

Now implement the single-player levels, and we can all shut up about seeing a re-release of Goldeneye.

I tried this mod a couple years ago, but no-one was playing, so I deleted it. Might check it out again.

Problem guys. Everytime I try to have someone join my game they get a notice saying server not responding. How can I, or a friend create a game?

Vanillalite

The Big Rig said:
WTF, norton just detected something in the client and deleted the file. Anyone having issues with this?

No, but I'm using MSE. Shit like this happens all the time though when some idiot flags the file in say Norton or Mcafee and then it fucks everyone else. As long as you downloaded it from one of the reputable links posted I wouldn't worry about it.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I remember playing an Alpha of this back in the day... downloading right now. Looks fantastic, can't wait to get some games in tomorrow. :D

Vanillalite

Cruzader said:
Is this free or does it require buying a Source based game ala HL2?

You gotta buy an Orange Box game aka HL2:E2, Portal (not the freebie they gave away) or TF2.

Vanillalite

My biggest problem tonight from what I just played some 30 mins of was the respawns on facility. Just to many players for the map. 15 players meant you'd get pwned by someone always spawning behind you.

ZZMitch

Never really played Golgeneye on the N64 (stuck mostly to Mario Kart for multiplayer stuff) but this game is loads of mindless fun! :lol

Spawns need work... but maybe that is just part of the charm...

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
anyone wanna play? i'm chillin in the Atlas Dallas server smoking a bowl....im the only person here atm

server IP: 173.208.123.50:27015

Top Bottom