• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black/White Launches on March 6th

Nintendo Press Site said:
POKÉMON BLACK VERSION AND POKÉMON WHITE VERSION LAUNCHING IN NORTH AMERICA ON MARCH 6

Upcoming Nintendo DS Games Introduce More than 150 Never-Before-Seen Pokémon and a New Region to Explore

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 27, 2010 - Nintendo of America today announced that the Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games will launch in North America on March 6, 2011. The games, playable exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, are a completely new adventure that Pokémon fans old and new can embark on. Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version introduce more than 150 new Pokémon and a new region to explore.

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version feature new Pokémon that players can catch, train and battle as they progress through the game, and some Pokémon can only be caught in one version of the game. For example, the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ can only be caught in Pokémon Black Version, while the Legendary Pokémon Zekrom™ can only be caught in Pokémon White Version. Additionally, the two games feature different areas for the first time in the series, with the game world of Pokémon Black Version featuring a unique metropolitan area called Black City, and a lush, green area named White Forest only found in Pokémon White Version. Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version also mark the first time in a Pokémon video game that the seasons will change in the game world. Certain Pokémon appear more frequently during different seasons, and players can only access some areas during a specific season.

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version let players start with one of three new Starter Pokémon - the Grass-type Snivy™, the Fire-type Tepig™ or the Water-type Oshawott™. Until the main story of the game is complete, every Pokémon that players encounter will have never been seen before in previous Pokémon games. The games also feature original boy and girl trainers who set out on an adventure in the new Unova region.

“Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version represent a generational leap forward for the renowned series, delivering an unprecedented number of new Pokémon to catch, battle and trade,” said Marc Franklin, Nintendo of America's director of Public Relations. “Whether you have played the Pokémon video games before or are just getting interested in them, you won't want to miss Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.”

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version are now available for pre-order from major retailers throughout North America for a suggested retail price of $34.99 each. A deposit may be required for pre-orders. See individual retailers for details.

For more information about Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, visit http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DTzS25w2k

i_27111.jpg
i_27107.jpg

Too many good releases in such a short time, but good to know the date at least. I didn't care much to get gold/silver remakes. Want my new pokamans.

I hope by March 6th the games will have been out long enough in Japan for an announcement of the Japanese release date of Grey, so that I will know whether it'll be worth it to wait for that version and if so how long.

Vanille

Earlier than I expected. Thought it would launch with the 3DS.

Emonga said:
I hope by March 6th the games will have been out long enough in Japan for an announcement of the Japanese release date of Grey, so that I will know whether it'll be worth it to wait for that version and if so how long.

Nah, too soon. Gray will be announced in the May issue of CoroCoro.

Just restarted my SoulSilver game... damn. Oh well, I could probably rebuild some solid teams to trade over eventually.

Can't wait. The only game I'm really looking forward to for 2011.

Jackano

Great news... for the 3DS to me. I can't see Nintendo releasing B/W so close to their new system if not the same day.

beje

Banned
Jackano said:
Great news... for the 3DS to me. I can't see Nintendo releasing B/W so close to their new system if not the same day.

Yeah, they're completely capable of delaying the 3DS to June just to make Pokémon sell the last batch of DS's.

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - January 11th
Ghost Trick - January 14th
Inazuma Elven - January 28th
Dragon Quest VI - February 14th
Radiant Historia - February
Pokemon B/W - March 6th
Okamiden - March 15th

uhg

Rich!

beje said:
Yeah, they're completely capable of delaying the 3DS to June just to make Pokémon sell the last batch of DS's.

Not happening. Nintendo have repeatedly stated that the 3DS will be out in US/EU before the end of FY 2010. That's the end of March.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Guess they aren't doing the last few Japan-only events (Ash's Pikachu, for one) in America. Typical NOA bastards. Can't do wifi events right, even though they're at least DOING them.

MCX

Banned
richisawesome said:
lol wut

http://www.gamepadmagazine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pokemon-red-and-blue.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
He obviously meant before the Gold/Silver remakes were released.

Oxx

slaughterking said:
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - January 11th
Ghost Trick - January 14th
Inazuma Elven - January 28th
Dragon Quest VI - February 14th
Radiant Historia - February
Pokemon B/W - March 6th
Okamiden - March 15th

uhg
I can see all the non-Nintendo-published games ending-up fairly cheap relatively quickly.

But that's still a fat line-up.

Oxx said:
I can see all the non-Nintendo-published games ending-up fairly cheap relatively quickly.

But that's still a fat line-up.
Well, Kingdom Hearts, Radiant Hitoria and Okamiden are the only games not published by Nintendo of Europe. And Radiant Historia is an Atlus title, so that wont go down in price either.

swerve

One version of events that is still possible(right guys?):

The already-3D enabled Japanese versions of Black/White were supposed to kick-start the 3DS, where after 2 months of playing, players found out that the whole game already worked on 3DS in 3D and the 3DS received the most awesome launch surprise ever.

3DS was delayed until 2011, so that reveal now will happen a week before Japanese launch of 3DS, giving the US version a massive boost in hype and appeal to prospective 3DS buyers and driving Black/White to the highest PokeMon opening month ever.

*wakes up*

Ah, right, they need it out this financial year to help with meeting the targets.

Luigi87

I'll likely wait for Gray, seeing as I plan to get the 3DS in March, and thus will have no monies.

I do so hate the continued use of the familiar blue/yellow logo though, it just disrupts it all.

creid

Chorazin said:
Damnit! I wish it was coming out before PAX East. Had so much fun with heartGold and SoulSilver last year. :(
Huh? It comes out 5 days before PAX East. Even if you're taking a long trip to get there, you should be able to pick it up on the way :D

Wilsongt

Yes. Yes. All over my face and all that nonsense. Bring it on.

Time to start saving up money, though, for the deluge of games...

KAL2006

Banned
I'm going to give this one a miss. The last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Diamond. I gave Silver/Gold remakes a miss too. I will by the 3DS generation Pokemon (when that is announced).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pokemon games are one of those games that don't need trailers to be insta-sold on. God bless the Pokemon series.

I'm betting that Nintendo is going to surprise everyone with 3DS versions of the games, and that March 6 is the 3DS release date. Note that the 6th is a Sunday - Nintendo launches their game systems on Sundays in the US. Nintendo has said that the 3DS will be out in the US in March, the Japanese release date is February 26, and lately Nintendo likes to release their systems 1-2 weeks apart in different regions when they don't do simultaneous. (And no, they never said the end of March or anything like that, originally they stated that it would be out sometime before the end of their fiscal year, then when they gave the Japanese release date they updated the US date to "March".)

And imagine the sales of the 3DS in the US if the only way to play Pokemon Black/White was on 3DS?

Emonga said:
Because of the whole yin/yang theme.
I thought it was because the box would look rubbish :lol (black on black and white on white just look horrid, you don't have as much space to play in terms of colour as you do red and blue).

Top Bottom