• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black/White Launches on March 6th

Ondore

Stage On said:
On the plus side when I went to try and look up the Canadian price at gamestop.ca they actually have the upcoming event pokemon advertised which is a pleasant surprise since usually they ignore us

I'm pretty sure this is the first non-wifi event Canadians have been able to get. I'm shocked, quite frankly.

Guess this means Celebi is due 2/27 - 3/5, then?

Stage On said:
No preorder bonus? I was hoping for more figures to put on my shelf.

On the plus side when I went to try and look up the Canadian price at gamestop.ca they actually have the upcoming event pokemon advertised which is a pleasant surprise since usually they ignore us

Price is $44.99. :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
White version and Smuglord for me (fuck Snivy).

InfiniteNine said:
Why is everyone stealing my birthday!?

My birthday is on February 14th. It feels like the whole world steals it.

ForeverLonely.jpg

Stage On

Lone_Prodigy said:
Price is $44.99. :lol

That's the usual bs Gamestop gives us in Canada. Once Amazon.ca gets off their lazy butts and puts a listing up we should be at the same price as the States.

Teknoman

This time, im going to make an actual effort to challenging people on GAF to online battles without waiting till the end of the game. Sucks not fighting other trainers because you're waiting for the best EV training environments/full evolutions.

AniHawk said:
Getting Pokemon Black.

Not... particularly looking forward to it, but Pokemon games have been like that for me since Ruby. I don't look forward to them, and even try to ignore their existence, but then they come out and consume my life for a few weeks and then it's back to not caring. I guess not doing the remakes or the many many spinoffs helps when it comes to the enjoyment factor.
That's pretty dumb since the remakes are actually the best and most substantial games in the series.

beje

Banned
beje said:
Indeed :\

Well, I still have to see the spanish-transalated locations (we get the same english Pokémon name over here). They're usually hit and miss since they're not based on plants/colours/spices since Gen III, but I usually like the english version more.

Quoting myself: yes, it looks like Gen V location names will be crap in Spanish. How the fuck do you translate Castelia City, a huge place filled with skyscrapers, as Ciudad Porcelana (Porcelain City?). Not only that, they also changed the region name to Teselia.

Also, Profesora Encina? Sounds horrible...

I'm glad we get the same Pokémon names as the English version, seeing how the text and conversation translation in the series is cringeworthy I really don't want to know how would it be if they decided to do a full localisation.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
beje said:
Quoting myself: yes, it looks like Gen V location names will be crap in Spanish. How the fuck do you translate Castelia City, a huge place filled with skyscrapers, as Ciudad Porcelana (Porcelain City?). Not only that, they also changed the region name to Teselia.

Also, Profesora Encina? Sounds horrible...

I'm glad we get the same Pokémon names as the English version, seeing how the text and conversation translation in the series is cringeworthy I really don't want to know how would it be if they decided to do a full localisation.

Wait, since when are character names translated in the Spanish versions? The anime and the Gen I games used the English ones.

EDIT: Oh, GEN III. Sucks.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Man, I dunno if I'll be jumping in on this at release day. MVC3 is going to consume me next year. I definitely want to be ready for VGC '11 though.

Teknoman

Are we still going to use the JP topic for the NA topic? Not sure if the OP of that one is banned...but it seems like Pokemon OT creators always get banned right before the NA/EU releases /conspiracy theory.

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
Are we still going to use the JP topic for the NA topic? Not sure if the OP of that one is banned...but it seems like Pokemon OT creators always get banned right before the NA/EU releases /conspiracy theory.

Last I checked, it was up in the air. I think it would be better to have a separate thread for the NA/etc release, though.

Been in blackout mode for this game since Japanese release... Just a few more months. :/

sammy

Can't wait for this game, day one! I'm playing through the first Pokemon Blue for my first time ever in anticipation :D

ismaboof

I'm out on Pokemon. I've played every generation and D/P is the only set I haven't beaten. Too many fucking idiotic Pokemon, not enough nostalgia.

Pyrokai

ismaboof said:
I'm out on Pokemon. I've played every generation and D/P is the only set I haven't beaten. Too many fucking idiotic Pokemon, not enough nostalgia.

Not more or less idiotic than the original 151. Lack of nostalgia is just fine if the games can carry their own without it. If you think B/W is anything but a big step forward, I don't know what to say.

Top Bottom