• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

brain_stew
Hello friend! Have you heard the good news about Jesus PC gaming?
(12-29-2010, 02:10 AM)
http://wololo.net/wagic/2010/12/25/r...-liquidzigong/

There goes the last major excuse mant people had for not picking up (by far) the best portable gaming device on the market. These things can be had for less than $100 in NA now and under £150 in the UK with 10 (mostly top tier) games. The "Essentials" range means there's plenty of good content on PSN that's really cheap now as well.
ShockingAlberto
(12-29-2010, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by brain_stew

There goes the last major excuse mant people had for not picking up (by far) the best portable gaming device on the market.

I already have a PSP and buying two is for crazy people.
DMPrince
(12-29-2010, 02:14 AM)
they would have to get a cfw psp with the umd to rip right? that's a lot of money to put it on psp go.
Corran Horn
May the Schwartz be with you
:o

I can play iso files on go :o

Maybe Ill finally get one with my xmas money
Kazuma Kiryu

There goes the last major excuse mant people had for not picking up (by far) the best portable gaming device on the market. These things can be had for less than $100 in NA now and under £150 in the UK with 10 (mostly top tier) games. The "Essentials" range means there's plenty of good content on PSN that's really cheap now as well.

i've always wanted to upgrade my psp1000 to a go, but when i found out that some games would not be coming out for the damn thing, i stopped caring. but this is good news indeed.
how easy is it to jailbreak a psp go for this?
cheers.
Femmeworth
Miss Negativity
(12-29-2010, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by DMPrince

they would have to get a cfw psp with the umd to rip right? that's a lot of money to put it on psp go.

*cough* torrents *cough* Of course, I'm only implying that people should do that for games they own. >_>
Blablurn
(12-29-2010, 02:15 AM)
does it work with firmware 6.31?
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(12-29-2010, 02:16 AM)

So tell me, if I buy a PSP Go and KH BbS, how do I play it on the Go?

Originally Posted by ninj4junpei

*cough* torrents *cough*

What are you saying? I don't understand you...
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(12-29-2010, 02:16 AM)

*cough* torrents *cough*

*cough*That'snotsomethingyoushouldberecommendingifyouwanttokeepposting*coug h*
DMPrince
(12-29-2010, 02:17 AM)

*cough* torrents *cough* Of course, I'm only implying that people should do that for games they own. >_>

well it doesn't work here as it's a UMD release only ;P and i doubt a lot of people would go buy the game for psp go to magically get it working :lol.
B.K.
(12-29-2010, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Blablurn

does it work with firmware 6.31?

No. Just 6.20 for now.
Blablurn
(12-29-2010, 02:18 AM)
:(
Tabris
flaming jackass
If I own the UMDs already, what is the legality of downloading the ISOs?

I just don't know how I can rip them.

I would like a PSP GO. It's a sexy console. But I want to buy UMD's to have the physical media.
rollingstart
I'll admit that I'm tempted to pick one up. I wonder if any of those $150 deals are still on.

I'd need to break out my old 2000 to start ripping games again since I decided my 3000 would be homebrew free.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply...ply&p=25129222

Originally Posted by B.K.

No. Just 6.20 for now.

what firmware do new psp go come with?
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!

Originally Posted by duckroll

You'd need to install CFW on your UMD based PSP, put the UMD of BbS, rip it, then install the sort of CFW on the Go, and put the rip of your UMD on the Go's hard-drive. But that's only if you're classy.
Kiriku
SWEDISH PERFECTION
(12-29-2010, 02:21 AM)
The analog nub on my PSP-2000 is wearing out, so I'm really tempted to pick up a PSP Go now. I buy just about all my PSP games through PSN anyway.
Just a bit worried about how it feels, is it comfortable to actually use for longer periods of time?
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Takao

You'd need to install CFW on your UMD based PSP, put the UMD of BbS, rip it, then install the sort of CFW on the Go, and put the rip of your UMD on the Go's hard-drive. But that's only if you're classy.

Wait so I will have to buy a normal PSP as well as a PSP Go?! Why not just play the game on the normal PSP then?!
leroidys
(12-29-2010, 02:24 AM)
I don't understand why they won't just release these few holdout games on psn. They are just incentivizing people to hack their systems.
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:25 AM)

Originally Posted by leroidys

I don't understand why they won't just release these few holdout games on psn. They are just incentivizing people to hack their systems.

Who is "they" here?
B.K.

Originally Posted by Tabris

I just don't know how I can rip them.

If you have a PSP with custom firmware, it's incredibly simple to rip games. It just takes a few minutes to do it.

Originally Posted by Linkzg

what firmware do new psp go come with?

Don't know. I haven't picked one up yet. I believe some people in the custom firmware thread said it's below 6.20. It's 5.something.
Corran Horn
May the Schwartz be with you

Wait so I will have to buy a normal PSP as well as a PSP Go?! Why not just play the game on the normal PSP then?!

You need a regular PSP with CFW to rip the game from. I guess you can DL it if you own the game...but Im not sure the legality from that.
Femmeworth
Miss Negativity

PSP GO has Dualshock 3 support, that's why.
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:26 AM)

PSP GO has Dualshock 3 support, that's why.

So do CFW PSPs.
Femmeworth
Miss Negativity
(12-29-2010, 02:27 AM)

So do CFW PSPs.

D: I wasn't aware of that. I wish I had been told that before I played Birth By Sleep. ;_;
Last edited by Femmeworth; 12-29-2010 at 02:33 AM.
DR2K
Banned
(12-29-2010, 02:28 AM)

Same reason someone would prefer to ride a luxury car over a unicycle.
fu3lfr3nzy
(12-29-2010, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Takao

Quite tedious :x

I have a Go and bought Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep UMD's (forever owned) and my nephew recently bought a PSP3000.

Would be so awesome if I can finally play my UMD games on the PSPGo (Fuck you Square Enix!) :lol
leroidys
(12-29-2010, 02:29 AM)

Who is "they" here?

Sorry that was pretty incoherent. The they's refer to squenix and sony respectively. But squenix has a stake in making piracy unpalatable on the system, and I'm sure sony has some degree of leverage over them that if there was any sort of effort, games like KH and FFT would be on psn easily. As far as I understand, the downloadable psn titles are essentially an ISO of the UMD. If that is the case, I just can not understand why 100% of the psp's titles aren't on psn.
Ezalc
(12-29-2010, 02:29 AM)
A few things:

1)I already have a PSP.
2)I'm poor.
3)I'm not buying another fucking psp.
4)The DS will always be infinitely better. See 5 as to why.
5)Tetris DS.
mooooose
(12-29-2010, 02:30 AM)

It's a grey area, but like someone suggested, you could buy the UMD and torrent the ISO. Not exactly practical but a workaround service for something Sony won't provide...
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by DR2K

Same reason someone would prefer to ride a luxury car over a unicycle.

I'm sure you have that backwards.

Originally Posted by mooooose

It's a grey area, but like someone suggested, you could buy the UMD and torrent the ISO. Not exactly practical but a workaround service for something Sony won't provide...

It's not a grey area legally at all. Morally sure. The moment you launch a torrent of a copyrighted work, you are not just downloading something, you are also uploading it.
DonMigs85
(12-29-2010, 02:32 AM)

So do CFW PSPs.

Is this over USB? I don't think the older PSPs have Bluetooth correct?
brain_stew
(12-29-2010, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by kazuma_pt

i've always wanted to upgrade my psp1000 to a go, but when i found out that some games would not be coming out for the damn thing, i stopped caring. but this is good news indeed.
how easy is it to jailbreak a psp go for this?
cheers.

Very, all details are at the site I linked.
brain_stew
(12-29-2010, 02:34 AM)

What are you saying? I don't understand you...

You rip it with with the knackered old PSP 1k you bought years ago but don't use because its a clunky POS.
Kyoufu
(12-29-2010, 02:35 AM)
Sounds like way too much hassle just to play a game that can be played on any other PSP model....
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by DonMigs85

Yes.

You rip it with with the knackered old PSP 1k you bought years ago but don't use because its a clunky POS.

Haha, whatever. You keep trolling regular PSPs, and I'll keep trolling the useless PSP Go. What a failure. :lol
mooooose
(12-29-2010, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by DonMigs85

It's more convoluted. You need a CFW PSP with the RemoteJoy plugin. Then you need to plug your PSP into the computer via USB. Then you need to plug your DS3 into the computer via USB (Bluetooth drivers don't exist). The drivers suck too.

Then you can play your PSP with your DS3. But you need a computer with you.
DR2K
Banned
(12-29-2010, 02:37 AM)

I'm sure you have that backwards.

The only way I'd go back to the PSP 1000-3000 after playing the GO is if someone put a gun to my head. They're just UMD burners to me.
Tabris
flaming jackass
(12-29-2010, 02:38 AM)
What they needed to do was do a one-time digital redemption code to be included with a PSP UMD sale? I understand the fear they had would be people would give the redemption codes to their friends or sell them while just using the UMD... or the opposite way.
Femmeworth
Miss Negativity

It's more convoluted. You need a CFW PSP with the RemoteJoy plugin. Then you need to plug your PSP into the computer via USB. Then you need to plug your DS3 into the computer via USB (Bluetooth drivers don't exist). The drivers suck too.

:\
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

There goes the last major excuse mant people had for not picking up (by far) the best portable gaming device on the market.

Except you need to run an old firmware on the Go, it cuts you off PSN (the main selling point of the Go)'s catalog unless you use MediaGo, and isn't officially supported.

Oh, yeah, and some of us run PSP-1/2/3000's that can run the game... without modification... on our UMD drive!

I'll wait until the PSPGo is being firesaled at $50 before I jump on one. No further.
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:39 AM)

For those who are really interested in getting the best possible result in using a controller + TV/monitor to play PSP games, CFW knocks the PSP Go out of the park. You have so many more options in terms of video output and controller settings, etc, it's not even close.
Dreamwriter
Lies! That's some crazy new Kingdom Hearts game, not the original PS2 game! Here I was hoping we'd have a way to play *really* cool games on the PSPGo...
The Faceless Master
i'm guessing a lot of PSP games that aren't on the PSN are due to licensing issues.
DR2K
Banned
(12-29-2010, 02:40 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSeks

I'll wait until the PSPGo is being firesaled at $50 before I jump on one. No further.

At the rate they're dropping, it might be sooner than you think. :lol
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(12-29-2010, 02:41 AM)
The fact that this is thread worthy is a shining example of why the PSP Go is a complete failure.
duckroll
(12-29-2010, 02:41 AM)
The PSP Go is probably the only luxury car which is worth less than a unicycle.
brain_stew
(12-29-2010, 02:42 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Except you need to run an old firmware on the Go, it cuts you off PSN (the main selling point of the Go)'s catalog unless you use MediaGo, and isn't officially supported.

Oh, yeah, and some of us run PSP-1/2/3000's that can run the game... without modification... on our UMD drive!

What's the problem with using Media Go? Its the best and simplest way to manage and buy PSP content. Downloading PSN content through the GO itself is an exercise in frustration.

Regardless, with kernal access that restriction will be gone in no time, if it isn't already.
dallow_bg
nods at old men

This is why I never bothered.

Buying a PSP Go now.

I have an old launch PSP-1000 thats sole purpose will be ripping my UMDs.
Bye bye horrible ghosting.
Boney
Sucking and blowing™
If you only have a go, you could use a friend's psp to rip the game.

It's a hassle, but the Go is so damn cheap, and offers so much vallue, it's hard to pass it by.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(12-29-2010, 02:43 AM)

$100 in NA now

Where?