• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts running on a PSP Go

I asked in the other thread:

"One last question. I can buy Peace walker for 19.99 (on sale) so if I rip it to the Go, can I play online with a friend coop?"

Grimmy

Banned
duckroll said:
Remotejoy does a lot of shit apparently. It basically allows the PSP to interface with any PC to output video onto the monitor, use any usb controller (with keymapping), etc.

Remotejoy is an awful plug-in. It's a total pain to set up.

I'm really really dumb, so let's just acknowledge that and get it out of the way.

For the benefit of equally dumb people, could a mod please edit the thread title to indicate that it's specifically Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep we're talking about here? :lol

You shouldn't have to illegally download torrents just because Sony forgot to put a UMD slot in, it's fucking ridiculous. The game available for download in the EU are laughable.

PumpkinPie said:
You shouldn't have to illegally download torrents just because Sony forgot to put a UMD slot in, it's fucking ridiculous. The game available for download in the EU are laughable.

Why do you blame sony for this? Why not the company with a stick up its ass about putting its games on psn?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why do you blame sony for this? Why not the company with a stick up its ass about putting its games on psn?

Even if the games I owned were on the PSN store, no way would I be paying for the same game twice when I already own it. They need a UMD ripper or something that plugs into the GO.

Maybe Sony should have asked the companies if they were willing to put their games up for download before making a console that relies on the service.

Amir0x

Banned
I really like PSP, but, i'm just not sure about Go. I mean I have a shit load of UMDs and that's nasty to have to replace my collection. If I didn't have to do that I'd get this thing maybe.

DR2K

Banned
Amir0x said:
I really like PSP, but, i'm just not sure about Go. I mean I have a shit load of UMDs and that's nasty to have to replace my collection. If I didn't have to do that I'd get this thing maybe.

By replace do you mean rebuy, or burn to the GO?

onken

PumpkinPie said:
Even if the games I owned were on the PSN store, no way would I be paying for the same game twice when I already own it. They need a UMD ripper or something that plugs into the GO.

They'd never go for that, nothing to stop you borrowing games and ripping them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PumpkinPie said:
They do, a hacked PSP. :p

brain_stew said:
http://wololo.net/wagic/2010/12/25/release-prometheus-iso-loader-by-liquidzigong/

There goes the last major excuse mant people had for not picking up (by far) the best portable gaming device on the market. These things can be had for less than $100 in NA now and under £150 in the UK with 10 (mostly top tier) games. The "Essentials" range means there's plenty of good content on PSN that's really cheap now as well.

Agreed

Ergonomics alone made it so I can never go back to a 2000/3000. But yes, Monster Hunter franchise makes it the greatest handheld out there =P

Amir0x said:
With this you dont have to rebuy the games. If your PSP uses CFW (which I know it does) rip your UMDs to your memory stick and use the stick in the GO with the new ISO loader.

Ratrat

My psp1000 is busted so I REALLY want to get a GO now with the price drops but I just cant until I know psp2 is at least a year off.

MH3
3rd Birthday

grrr...
:(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can rip my PSP games, put them on a PSP Go, hook it up to my TV, and play them with a PS3 controller now :eek:

Amir0x

Banned
LovingSteam said:
With this you dont have to rebuy the games. If your PSP uses CFW (which I know it does) rip your UMDs to your memory stick and use the stick in the GO with the new ISO loader.

My PSP does not use CFW. One time I tried to do it and it bricked my PSP, never would bother again. Like I said, the process is pretty laborious as it is. I don't have either the time nor inclination to do all the work for a handheld I already technically own.

PSP Go is a nifty idea but it's better for first-time PSP owners I think. It's simply too irritating to try to line up the pieces to make sure UMD collections work on the thing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Where can you get these $100 PSP Go Systems?

Also, is it possible to play ripped PS1 games on a Go, that is one of the main uses of my PSP.

Boney

Banned
Thing is for me, you can perfectly keep your old PSP and all your games, and use the Go with the free games and explore the PSN catalogue. You have best of both worlds.

Takao

Banned
entrement said:
There was a 3 game promotion. Not sure if it still available.

It expires in March. It's good for LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and Socom: Fireteam Bravo 3.

Drkirby said:
Do you get any free PSN games with a PSP in NA?

I believe until march you get socom: fireteam bravo 3, ratchet and clank: size matters, and littlebigplanet for new models.

Edit: Screw you Takao! :p

Edit 2: As a caveat, you have to upgrade to newest firmware so you can activate you console on the psn store to get the games.

Truespeed

Amir0x said:

For me it was automatic. I wanted a small form factor media player and it was either going to be a dedicated Sony MP3 player, a PSP Go or an iPod Touch. With the $99 sale at Archambault, it was an easy decision. And since they have a pay by PayPal option, the Go only cost me about $60.

Massa

PumpkinPie said:

Maybe Sony should have asked the companies if they were willing to put their games up for download before making a console that relies on the service.

That's a chicken/egg problem. I'm sure Sony was at least expecting companies like Square Enix to get their heads out of the sand when there was actually a market (small as it is) for downloadable games on the PSP.

Regardless of how people feel about the PSP Go the fact is that the PSP section of the PSN store is miles better today than it was before October 1st of 2009 and Sony is now in a much better position to support digital content on the next PSP. Without the PSP Go the sad truth is that a lot of publishers would still completely ignore that market, stupid as that may be.

Drkirby said:
Do you get any free PSN games with a PSP in NA?

There have been a ton of complaints on the playstation forums about that. A bunch of people still have yet to receive their voucher for the 3 free games since the promotion started. For some, however, it has taken 4 days. I've been waiting since the 20th of november for my voucher. Any day now... :/

Takao

Banned
DontTouchMe said:
There have been a ton of complaints on the playstation forums about that. A bunch of people still have yet to receive their voucher for the 3 free games since the promotion started. For some, however, it has taken 4 days. I've been waiting since the 20th of november for my voucher. Any day now... :/

Have you been checking your Spam box with the email account associated with the PSN account on the Go?

DontTouchMe said:

Do you guys ever contact sony support? And in your profile you have to make sure to receive offers or however it's worded from sony or it won't get sent to your email.

DR2K

Banned
Fantastical said:
Wait... is it seriously $100 used at Gamestop? New it's $199

Yep. Most of the used ones are people that bought PSPgo based on hype, and didn't know how to put games on it. :lol

Takao said:
Have you been checking your Spam box with the email account associated with the PSN account on the Go?

Every day since I went on PSN for the first time with it. I even registered it on their site. Maybe it's time I gave customer support a call.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Do you guys ever contact sony support? And in your profile you have to make sure to receive offers or however it's worded from sony or it won't get sent to your email.

By that do you mean their weekly emails? Yeah I get a couple of those including PSP specific ones.

DontTouchMe said:
By that do you mean their weekly emails? Yeah I get a couple of those including PSP specific ones.

I dunno, I just know on your account page you have to check the box to receive promotional offers from sony or something. It's worded like it would be spam but it also sends you the codes and stuff. If you don't get your code soon, email them. They got my code like a day or two after I emailed them that's how I found out about allow promotional offers or whatever on your account.

Anyone want to explain to me in simple terms how to get this ISO loader working on my Go? I need to install a CFW, and then boot up the ISO loader ever time I want to play an ISO, or do I just need to install the ISO loader?

Blu_LED said:
Anyone want to explain to me in simple terms how to get this ISO loader working on my Go? I need to install a CFW, and then boot up the ISO loader ever time I want to play an ISO, or do I just need to install the ISO loader?

You have to do the exploit and then boot to iso loader just like all homebrew stuff on pspgo.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
You have to do the exploit and then boot to iso loader just like all homebrew stuff on pspgo.
I haven't done any homebrew stuff on my Go, so I'm really not sure what any of that means. Want to point me somewhere that would explain it?

AgentOtaku said:
Agreed

Ergonomics alone made it so I can never go back to a 2000/3000. But yes, Monster Hunter franchise makes it the greatest handheld out there =P

do you play with the claw?

what are your thoughts

a vid if possible.

Blu_LED said:
I haven't done any homebrew stuff on my Go, so I'm really not sure what any of that means. Want to point me somewhere that would explain it?

This thread can help you.

Basically you have to do the exploit and then load up whatever you want to load, you can't install it since there's no CFW so every time you power off the system you have do the exploit before you can load any homebrew stuff. I think they patched it where if you put it to sleep you don't have to redo the exploit to use it again later but rather you would just have to load the homebrew app you want to run again since you're not fully powering off.

User33 said:
I was thinking of getting a PSP, but the problem is that I don't really know of too many games that I'd be interested in. I don't like jRPGs (unless they aren't turn based), so that really only leaves

God of War COO/GOS
Chinatown Wars
Peace Walker
Burnout Legends
Daxter
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

As games that I'd potentially be interested in. All of these games just look like dumbed down versions of games I already have for PS2, so are there any other good PSP games that aren't just portable versions of their console big brothers?

Really? Just really?

Ledsen

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Aw... I was exited until I heard this :/ Not really interested in having to go through the process of loading a demo etc every time I want to use homebrew.

DR2K

Banned
User33 said:
I was thinking of getting a PSP, but the problem is that I don't really know of too many games that I'd be interested in. I don't like jRPGs (unless they aren't turn based), so that really only leaves

God of War COO/GOS
Chinatown Wars
Peace Walker
Burnout Legends
Daxter
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

As games that I'd potentially be interested in. All of these games just look like dumbed down versions of games I already have for PS2, so are there any other good PSP games that aren't just portable versions of their console big brothers?

GOW GOS is probably the best in the series, as is KHBBS and MGSPW. Also CW is unique, doesn't feel dumbed down at all.

Ledsen said:
Aw... I was exited until I heard this :/ Not really interested in having to go through the process of loading a demo etc every time I want to use homebrew.

I think sleep works liked in my post but I'm not positive as I haven't used it. So as long as you put it to sleep and don't kill the battery you never have to load the demo. It's not exactly long to load the demo either... But to each his own.

User33 said:
I'm sorry I don't have the infinite expert gaming knowledge that you do, now can you actually respond to my question please?

What is there to say? You write off all the major franchises as "dumbed down" versions without any knowledge, how can we assume you'll like anything if you're just going to think that for every game?

Blu_LED said:
Just making sure, this is still only for 6.20, correct? Anything higher won't work at all?

Ya, only 6.20. There is talk that it's getting ported with other homebrew to 6.31 soon though so we'll see.

Edit: Lower specs means they all are dumbed down games not worth playing? I'm done.

User33 said:
I'm looking for unique experiences that aren't available on the PS2. I implied that with this statement.

This seriously comes off as trolling. How are they not unique experiences? Did you only buy GOW 1, the first Jak and Daxter, MGS2, etc.? Because by your logic GOW 2, MGS 3, etc. wouldn't be unique experiences. What a load of horseshit, if you don't like the best games on the PSP it's probably not for you. Now I'm really done.

Gattsu25

Banned
duckroll said:
Wait so I will have to buy a normal PSP as well as a PSP Go?! Why not just play the game on the normal PSP then?!
If you prefer to play on smaller handhelds you might prefer the PSP Go form factor. No strong reason why you shouldn't just play it on the PSP 1/2/3000s, though.

Top Bottom