• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts running on a PSP Go

Takao

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Fuck it GAF. Black or White GO?

As for your question, I'm not quite sure what you meant. You'd be able to use multi-player assuming your friend has a copy, but it's local multiplayer unless you both have PS3s and ad-hoc party installed. The game was on sale a few weeks back on PSN for $20, and there's actually a few bundles with Peace Walker and Portable Ops for $30. Although right now they're MIA on the PSN, but that's probably a mistake (you can still view it via search).

I went for the black model, since I was afraid the sad duck rubber grips would get dirty.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I think sleep works liked in my post but I'm not positive as I haven't used it. So as long as you put it to sleep and don't kill the battery you never have to load the demo. It's not exactly long to load the demo either... But to each his own.

I have mine set to if you slide down the screen, it goes to sleep mode. So whenever I wanna take a break, slide it down. Slide it back up, and it'll still be in homebrew. I found this better than messing around with the slider power switch.

If you select ps button > pause game, it'll pause the homebrew then you can do whatever on the xmb. If you select resume game, it jumps back to homebrew just where you left it.

One cool thing is when you do the pause game option then fully power off the go... When you turn the go back on, you'll normally have to go through the whole exploit to reactivate cfw and whatever else you were running. But if you have a paused homebrew and then choose to resume it, it'll bring you right back to the state it was at with no problems at all. And when you exit the homebrew, the cfw will already be activated since it was part of this "paused state", bypassing having to go through the initial exploit process all over again. So you never have to go through the whole exploit process again unless you really needed to.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This actually makes PSP Go worth considering... Can we rip our own PS1 games to it, too?

Can you get Final Fantasy X on PSP Go? That'd make me pay up. Otherwise I'm waiting for 3DS for my next upgrade. My PSP Slim is enough for now.

Android18a said:
Can you get Final Fantasy X on PSP Go? That'd make me pay up. Otherwise I'm waiting for 3DS for my next upgrade. My PSP Slim is enough for now.
No. Sony can't even get the PS3 to emulate PS2 games, and it takes a beefy computer to do so. The PSP2 might be another story, depending on what Sony wants to do.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
You can use Media Go instead, correct?

Not to "activate" the system as far as I know. You can to transfer all your stuff with Media GO but you need to download a game demo or something like that so Sony sees it as activated and gives you the code. This is what I saw online and when I called Sony support they said you need to literally access the store on the Psp go. There's literally a box on the tab for the store that says activate this machine. Again, this is only to get the 3 free games it offers.

Ponn

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Not to "activate" the system as far as I know. You can to transfer all your stuff with Media GO but you need to download a game demo or something like that so Sony sees it as activated and gives you the code. This is what I saw online and when I called Sony support they said you need to literally access the store on the Psp go. There's literally a box on the tab for the store that says activate this machine. Again, this is only to get the 3 free games it offers.

This could be a sticking point for me. I have several PSN games to play on PSP (valk 2, P3P, PSone games) from the store I would like to play on a PSP go like normal but would need the PSP go to be activated to play those games. I shouldn't need to upgrade the firmware for that should I? I don't care about the free games mind you, just wanting to play the PSN games I already own and have downloaded to my PS3 I could just transfer via USB to the PSP Go.

Ponn01 said:
This could be a sticking point for me. I have several PSN games to play on PSP (valk 2, P3P, PSone games) from the store I would like to play on a PSP go like normal but would need the PSP go to be activated to play those games. I shouldn't need to upgrade the firmware for that should I? I don't care about the free games mind you, just wanting to play the PSN games I already own and have downloaded to my PS3 I could just transfer via USB to the PSP Go.

Not at all, that's what Media Go is for. You download to that and then transfer, that's how I do it for my CFW 2000. I think you can even download off your ps3 and transfer without the latest firmware, you just can't use the store from your psp go or do the one time activation for your free games is all. Media Go is currently only for windows machines though if that's a sticking point at all.

Ponn

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Not at all, that's what Media Go is for. You download to that and then transfer, that's how I do it for my CFW 2000. I think you can even download off your ps3 and transfer without the latest firmware, you just can't use the store from your psp go or do the one time activation for your free games is all. Media Go is currently only for windows machines though if that's a sticking point at all.

Awesome, thanks. I may go for this then. Have a bunch of Gamestop GC I got for christmas. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if any gamestops around me have used PSP Go's for $99.

DR2K said:
The only way I'd go back to the PSP 1000-3000 after playing the GO is if someone put a gun to my head. They're just UMD burners to me.
This... having CFW running on a Go is solid gold... I've been using my CFW PSP1000 as a portable PSX for years, and now I can pick up another PSP Go on the cheap and have all that in a truly portable format! This is awesome news!!

edit:
onken said:
No pop-loader yet :/
Ah shit.... :(

ShinNL

Thanks to this thread I found out that RemoteJoy has an options menu if you press Escape... and that I could've played Monster Hunter with a regular controller...

You should know how shocked I am right now considering I spent hundreds of hours in Monster Hunter and regularly used RemoteJoy to record videos... :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
User33 said:
Alright now, can anybody who ISN'T ridiculously defensive about the smallest criticisms about the PSP tell me what PSP games provide unique experiences compared to the PS2? It could be entries in existing franchises that differ enough from their console counterparts or it could be entirely new IPs. Thanks.
There is a lot of great games. Honestly I don't want to come off as rude but just look up "best PSP RPG's" or best psp games on google. I have lots of stuff between PSN and retail. There is lots to love about PSP, especially stuff coming from Japan.

User33 said:
Alright now, can anybody who ISN'T ridiculously defensive about the smallest criticisms about the PSP tell me what PSP games provide unique experiences compared to the PS2? It could be entries in existing franchises that differ enough from their console counterparts or it could be entirely new IPs. Thanks.

LocoRoco 1 and 2
Patapon 1 and 2
Crush
Half Minute Hero

a shit ton more.

NeOak

Ponn01 said:
Awesome, thanks. I may go for this then. Have a bunch of Gamestop GC I got for christmas. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if any gamestops around me have used PSP Go's for $99.
Do tell if you get to find one at that price. If you do, i'll start calling my local gamestops too.

Ponn

Banned
NeOak said:
lol thanks :lol

i knew i should have checked CAG

:lol np. And I actually just got off the phone calling some gamestops around me and 2 stores had a used PSP Go in stock and confirmed still $99 so yippee. Time to use some christmas giftcards tomorrow:D

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I got my free games without ever logging on through the PSP itself like two weeks ago. I just activated the PSP with whatever program it is Sony told me to, and then grabbed a random demo from MediaGo and like five days later got the email with my code.

n8NMONSTER said:
One cool thing is when you do the pause game option then fully power off the go... When you turn the go back on, you'll normally have to go through the whole exploit to reactivate cfw and whatever else you were running. But if you have a paused homebrew and then choose to resume it, it'll bring you right back to the state it was at with no problems at all. And when you exit the homebrew, the cfw will already be activated since it was part of this "paused state", bypassing having to go through the initial exploit process all over again. So you never have to go through the whole exploit process again unless you really needed to.

this is awesome and what i have been doing too...kind of makes it a perm mod if you pause/resume all your games/homebrew/etc

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tabris said:
If I own the UMDs already, what is the legality of downloading the ISOs?

I just don't know how I can rip them.

I would like a PSP GO. It's a sexy console. But I want to buy UMD's to have the physical media.

This is essentially how I roll.

jmdajr

ninj4junpei said:
No. Sony can't even get the PS3 to emulate PS2 games, and it takes a beefy computer to do so. The PSP2 might be another story, depending on what Sony wants to do.

I want the PS3 to emulate PSP games! The minis work...why not the rest?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jmdajr said:
I never understood why it never happened, especially once PSP games were available on PSN. The market that would want to buy PSP games on the PS3 has to be pretty big, right?

jmdajr

Fuzzy said:
I never understood why it never happened, especially once PSP games were available on PSN. The market that would want to buy PSP games on the PS3 has to be pretty big, right?

I for one would buy more games. I know portable RPGs are big in japan but I can't do it. I need to sit down relax and play without the itty bitty screen. It's not comfortable to be on there for hours.

Fuzzy said:

Because it would mostly cannibalize sales rather than boost them. It wouldn't benefit them.

jmdajr

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Because it would mostly cannibalize sales rather than boost them. It wouldn't benefit them.

You mean cannibalize sales of the psp? Well its not like the thing is flying off the shelves. at least add the feature now that it's seeing it's last days. Heck, even the gamecube had a gba adapter. That shit was great! Nintendo didn't have to fear anything.

Takao

Banned
jmdajr said:

Minis aren't given full access to the PSP's hardware, and some Minis have had issues being emulated by the PS3.

Takao

Banned
jmdajr said:
You mean cannibalize sales of the psp? Well its not like the thing is flying off the shelves. at least add the feature now that it's seeing it's last days. Heck, even the gamecube had a gba adapter. That shit was great! Nintendo didn't have to fear anything.

The PSP will most likely be the best selling platform of 2010 in Japan.

jmdajr

Takao said:
By giving Minis full acess to the PSP hardware? That would make them more difficult to emulate...

Why you gotta be such a party pooper man. I'm not really interesting at all in the logistics :lol

jmdajr said:

You don't support your struggling system by allowing people to play it without buying it. You really don't see a difference between the GBA and the PSP?

jmdajr

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
You don't support your struggling system by allowing people to play it without buying it. You really don't see a difference between the GBA and the PSP?

man, you people :)

Ok fine. Then how about some sort of wireless controller for the psp while it's connected to my television. Or some sort of wireless video for my tv.

Unless of course that shit is already out there and I'm just missing the boat.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jmdajr said:
man, you people :)

Ok fine. Then how about some sort of wireless controller for the psp while it's connected to my television. Or some sort of wireless video for my tv.

Unless of course that shit is already out there and I'm just missing the boat.
PSP Go lets you use the DS3 while it's hooked up to a TV.

You can also do it on a CFW PSP 1000/2000 but you have to be tethered to a PC.

jmdajr

Fuzzy said:
PSP Go lets you use the DS3 while it's hooked up to a TV.

You can also do it on a CFW PSP 1000/2000 but you have to be tethered to a PC.

no shit?
how did I miss that cool feature! I guess most people were just bent out of shape on the lack of UMD.

jmdajr said:
no shit?
how did I miss that cool feature! I guess most people were just bent out of shape on the lack of UMD.

Component cables to tv and dualshock to control? Speaking of which, I have to remember to get cables off of amazon soon.

Top Bottom