• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts running on a PSP Go

jmdajr

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Component cables to tv and dualshock to control? Speaking of which, I have to remember to get cables off of amazon soon.

too bad I cant do it with my psp-1000
well not without some work

I'm sorry to seem so lazy about this, but I'm totally new to PSP Go homebrew stuff. I just picked one up and it had firmware 5.70 on it (from what I understand, they're at 6.30 now). I remembering hearing about this halfbyte loader or something, but can I access all that without updating it? or should I avoid updating and it is better to stay down?

also, you don't need an m2 card, do you?

Linkzg said:
I'm sorry to seem so lazy about this, but I'm totally new to PSP Go homebrew stuff. I just picked one up and it had firmware 5.70 on it (from what I understand, they're at 6.30 now). I remembering hearing about this halfbyte loader or something, but can I access all that without updating it? or should I avoid updating and it is better to stay down?

also, you don't need an m2 card, do you?

www.psp-hacks.com

That's all you need...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gamestop still has Used Go's at $99, right? I think I may call in the morning and see who around has it, got $50 in giftcards for them.

RetroMG

Drkirby said:
Gamestop still has Used Go's at $99, right? I think I may call in the morning and see who around has it, got $50 in giftcards for them.

Good luck. I called five Gamestops in my area today and none of them had any in stock. (I wasn't buying one because of this, I'd just decided to get one anyway.) I ended up going to Best Buy, and I think I got the last one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why call 5? Just call one up, see if they have it, and if not, ask them who is the closest to them that has it.

Then again, I have a sizable cluster of stores near me, and don't mind a 40 mile drive to much:
2hrgaoz.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
plagiarize said:
is the archambault deal gone? i can see the white psp go listed for $99 but there's no add to cart option on it.
I think so, but they may just be out of stock.

Fantastical said:
No one answered my question. :(
as i understand, none of the ones at retail have yet been spotted with anything later than 6.2, so if you can find one soon that is likely to still be the case.

Truespeed

plagiarize said:
is the archambault deal gone? i can see the white psp go listed for $99 but there's no add to cart option on it.

Yes. They're also canceling orders for those that got in late for stock that can't fulfill.

B.K.

DonMigs85 said:
Ok I followed the instructions exactly but when I start the demo, it just brings me to a screen in Japanese giving me two options. First one just loops back to the same screen and the other option just tells me to press HOME and quit apparently.

There's at least one person in the custom firmware thread that has gotten it working. You might want to ask him. I'm on 6.20, so I'm using Total Noob's HEN.

DonMigs85 said:
Ok I followed the instructions exactly but when I start the demo, it just brings me to a screen in Japanese giving me two options. First one just loops back to the same screen and the other option just tells me to press HOME and quit apparently.

1. Start demo. Hold R at all times - dunno if this is necessary (it was in the older HBL)
2. Select second option on main menu (use circle button)
3. Wait a bit for it to work, then some code should be visible on screen.
4. YMMV here, but for me it said 'memory leak' and dropped me back to the XMB
5. Check in system information to see if it has worked. It should read "6.3X PRO"
6. If it does, then congratulations, try loading the ISO loader.

DonMigs85

Gah it still prompts me to go press HOME. I'm on 6.31 by the way.
Just to make sure I did it right: I made a folder called UCJS10094 in the PSP/GAME directory and put the 2 demo files in there.

DonMigs85 said:
Gah it still prompts me to go press HOME. I'm on 6.31 by the way.
Just to make sure I did it right: I made a folder called UCJS10094 in the PSP/GAME directory and put the 2 demo files in there.

Ah, that's where you have gone wrong (it could be clearer in the instructions, I agree).

One of those demo folders is for the save file - should be the one with ICON0, PARAM, PIC1 etc inside it - so move that folder to PSP/SAVEDATA, then try the instructions above again.

DonMigs85

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Ah, that's where you have gone wrong (it could be clearer in the instructions, I agree).

One of those demo folders is for the save file - should be the one with ICON0, PARAM, PIC1 etc inside it - so move that folder to PSP/SAVEDATA, then try the instructions above again.
Yep I did put the save file in its own UCJS10094 folder under PSP/SAVEDATA. I made another folder with the same name in PSP/GAME and put the demo files in there.

DonMigs85 said:
Yep I did put the save file in its own UCJS10094 folder under PSP/SAVEDATA. I made another folder with the same name in PSP/GAME and put the demo files in there.

My game folder is called NPJG90047 and contains an EBOOT and a FILE.BDL. Is yours the same?

Also, did you remember to overwrite hbl/menu/EBOOT.PBP with the EBOOT that was in the 6.31 HEN rar?

DonMigs85

I NEED SCISSORS said:
My game folder is called NPJG90047 and contains an EBOOT and a FILE.BDL. Is yours the same?

Also, did you remember to overwrite hbl/menu/EBOOT.PBP with the EBOOT that was in the 6.31 HEN rar?
Bless you! Changing the game's folder name to NPJG90047 worked!

DonMigs85

GBA emus all seem to crash, is there any that does work?
I thought I'd finally be able to condense my GBA collection into one nifty device...

GothPunk

darkjedi187 said:
If KH is on a memory card do you still need to do the data install?
Nope, it makes no difference as the game is already running from the memory stick. Valkyria Chronicles II actually asks you not to bother installing it if you're playing the PSN version as it makes no difference, that was the first time I had seen a game mention the digital release in the install instructions.

I got the HEN and Prometheus running on my Go last night and suddenly got giddy going back to my UMD collection. It's weird, I have a lovely silver slim 2000 just sitting at home and my PSPgo goes everywhere with me and so I haven't played some of these UMDs since the Go launch. The 2000 is basically a UMD ripper now, hehe. I can finally finish Crush and play through Jeanne D'Arc again. :D

GothPunk said:
Nope, it makes no difference as the game is already running from the memory stick. Valkyria Chronicles II actually asks you not to bother installing it if you're playing the PSN version as it makes no difference, that was the first time I had seen a game mention the digital release in the install instructions.

I got the HEN and Prometheus running on my Go last night and suddenly got giddy going back to my UMD collection. It's weird, I have a lovely silver slim 2000 just sitting at home and my PSPgo goes everywhere with me and so I haven't played some of these UMDs since the Go launch. The 2000 is basically a UMD ripper now, hehe. I can finally finish Crush and play through Jeanne D'Arc again. :D

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Massa said:
There's now a HEN out for 6.31/6.35 firmware.
Hang on... does this mean you could upgrade to the very latest firmware, connect to the store to grab the 10 freebie PSP games from that offer and then STILL be able to use the custom loader to run games which aren't available on the store?

Count me in, that last white PSP Go at the local store will be mine tomorrow morning.

Jomjom

Banned
Does HEN for 6.35 work just as well as the one for 6.20? I would like to be able to get my 3 free games from logging into PSN, but not if the cost is a crappier HEN.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've been to two Gamestops to ask for used PSP Go's, and they both didn't have them. Funny enough, both employees tried to talk me out of buying it. :p

jling84 said:
Does HEN for 6.35 work just as well as the one for 6.20? I would like to be able to get my 3 free games from logging into PSN, but not if the cost is a crappier HEN.

so do you just have to log into the psn store to get the 3 free games? nothing else required?

Apath

nolookjones said:
so do you just have to log into the psn store to get the 3 free games? nothing else required?
It's emailed to you and can take a week. Otherwise, pretty much.

Jomjom

Banned
nolookjones said:

I believe you have to log in and do some kind of registering or something? After a couple of days supposedly they send you a code for the games in your email. That is if you've opted in for Sony emails.

Jomjom

Banned
Quick question: I have a PSP-2000 with 6.35 and a PSP-3000 with 6.31. The 2000 is the ta-338v or whatever mobo one. Is there any way the new 6.31/6.35 HEN can run the ISO dumper program (no idea what the correct name is)? I want to get KH:BBS on my PSPgo, but I don't currently have a homebrew PSP to dump my retail copy of KH:BBS.

I know there are other ways to get it, but I refuse to do it any way but the legit way.

This HEN exploit officially makes the PSPGo the best handheld device. DS3 support, Bluetooth Support, Component out, and Internal and External storage, AND BEING ABLE TO PLAY UMD GAMES via ripping with a PSP Fat/Slim.

I'm in love.

jling84 said:
Quick question: I have a PSP-2000 with 6.35 and a PSP-3000 with 6.31. The 2000 is the ta-338v or whatever mobo one. Is there any way the new 6.31/6.35 HEN can run the ISO dumper program (no idea what the correct name is)? I want to get KH:BBS on my PSPgo, but I don't currently have a homebrew PSP to dump my retail copy of KH:BBS.

I know there are other ways to get it, but I refuse to do it any way but the legit way.

Last I checked the latest PSP FW is 6.35 and this exploit works on ALL PSPs. Your 3000 and 2000 PSPs you might have to downgrade, i'm not sure tho. If you're not able to rip with ur fat/slim PSPs just wait a little while longer and don't update. I'm sure you'll eventually be able to rip ur UMD. I forgot the file browser app i used to use on my fat PSP but I'm pretty sure it enabled you to rip UMD games since it read the UMD drive.

Edited*

Jomjom

Banned
BigBadShamoo said:
Last I checked the latest PSP FW is 6.35 and this exploit works on ALL PSPs. You're 3000 and 2000 PSPs you might have to downgrade, i'm not sure tho. If you're not able to rip with ur fat/slim PSPs just wait a little while longer and don't update. I'm sure you'll eventually be able to rip ur UMD. I forgot the file browser app i used to on my fat PSP. But I'm pretty sure it enabled you to rip UMD games since it read the UMD drive.

Edited*

So the 6.31/6.35 HEN isn't capable of ripping UMDs yet?

I'm not sure I just checked around alittle and remember the M33 FW had the ripping ability, but since HEN enables homebrew I don't see why you couldn't download a ISO ripping homebrew and run it on those PSPs?

Unless the HEN only enables user and not kernel access. But I have no idea, I haven't fiddled with homebrew in such a long time until today when i heard of this exploit. So I really have no idea what the current homebrew apps are =/

Top Bottom