• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, I need your help (sorry, not girl-related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm actually making one of these threads, but it's a situation that is out of my control and I could really use some help.

Basically, my wife is having a dispute with a seller on eBay. The $60 stamping tool she bought was sent by surface instead of airmail (as was promised on the listing), so instead of getting from Brampton Ontario to Sydney Australia in a couple of days, it got here in 4 months. By the time she realised the mistake was made, it was too late to file any kind of complaint with eBay and PayPal (we have two very young kids under 2 years of age, so we tend not to keep track of things that normally look after themselves).

Now, the guy initially said 'don't worry about paying, you can just keep it' (he even issued a PayPal refund) and changed his mind to say 'no, you need to pay for it or send it back at your expense'. Now, I'm cool with sending it back because, being 4 months late, the stamp is of no use to us anymore (and I'd like to think we're not assholes). But we did insist that it should be at his expense because we've done nothing wrong here and it was him who screwed up the order.

Now he's saying he's sending one of his "buddies" to my house because he doesn't like how we're "playing games".

Now, that could mean any number of things... and considering I have two small children in the house, I am not keen on this happening. Reading between the lines, he's essentially threatening my wife by sending someone to my house.

We've called PayPal and eBay and they've all said that it's out of their control since the complaints deadline is past. I'm now in the process of calling the police. We've also sent him a message saying he can pick up the product from me personally from a downtown location near my office.

Short of conscripting my friends to stay with my wife until this blows over, is there anything else I can do?

tl;dr dicey eBay seller is threatening my wife and family over a transaction gone bad.

Alucrid

Banned
Uh..does your local police force have an internet crimes division? But really, I think it's just this dude being a cock. It is only $60.

ScientificNinja said:
Now he's saying he's sending one of his "buddies" to my house because he doesn't like how we're "playing games".

MEET.ME.SOMEWHERE.MOTHERFUCKER.YOU.GOT.MY.DICK.HARD

Seriously though, he's threatening you? Fuck this dude. A guy who sells stamps on ebay ain't 'hard'. Do you have anything like Better Business Bureau in Australia? Cops can't do anything for you, but if you can prove the business didn't do what they advertised they would you might have a case. The international nature of the situation makes things difficult though.

Update: Well, not really an update. But we've offered a compromise, for all the good it'll do us. We've offered to send the product to his "buddy" here (it'll cost us half of what it would be to send it to Canada).

Sill4

FUCK THAT he is threatening you!

If he sends a buddy to your house to harm you, fucking shoot him.

-edit- n/m just realized this isn't in the U.S. No idea about laws there. Maybe beat him with a ball bat?

Honestly, the dude is not going to harm you over $60. Do not negotiate with this scum, man. Give hims bad feedback and report the threat to authorities.

Joe Molotov

1. Wait until the guy comes to your house
2. Put him in your rape room.
3. Rape him.

Easy enough. That dude won't be cheating anyone on shipping anymore.

KS Seven X said:
If I was going to rough someone up and he started to jerk off in front of me, I would back off.
That's what I'm saying. When I'm at work and my manager is coming up to me with some new project, I just drop the pants and start taking care of business. She just walks away. Hell yeah.

dejay

Banned
ScientificNinja said:
I can't believe I'm actually making one of these threads, but it's a situation that is out of my control and I could really use some help.

Basically, my wife is having a dispute with a seller on eBay. The $60 stamping tool she bought was sent by surface instead of airmail (as was promised on the listing), so instead of getting from Brampton Ontario to Sydney Australia in a couple of days, it got here in 4 months. By the time she realised the mistake was made, it was too late to file any kind of complaint with eBay and PayPal (we have two very young kids under 2 years of age, so we tend not to keep track of things that normally look after themselves).

Now, the guy initially said 'don't worry about paying, you can just keep it' (he even issued a PayPal refund) and changed his mind to say 'no, you need to pay for it or send it back at your expense'. Now, I'm cool with sending it back because, being 4 months late, the stamp is of no use to us anymore (and I'd like to think we're not assholes). But we did insist that it should be at his expense because we've done nothing wrong here and it was him who screwed up the order.

Now, that could mean any number of things... and considering I have two small children in the house, I am not keen on this happening. Reading between the lines, he's essentially threatening my wife by sending someone to my house.

We've called PayPal and eBay and they've all said that it's out of their control since the complaints deadline is past. I'm now in the process of calling the police. We've also sent him a message saying he can pick up the product from me personally from a downtown location near my office.

Short of conscripting my friends to stay with my wife until this blows over, is there anything else I can do?

tl;dr dicey eBay seller is threatening my wife and family over a transaction gone bad.

How dangerous can a seller of stamping tools be? Can you post a link to one of their auctions so we can suss them out?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tell the guy to shove the rest of his stamp tools up his ass and shit up his feedback on ebay.

Chinner

Banned
ScientificNinja said:
GAF, never stop :)
sorry man, not trying to make your thread light hearted or anything.

i suppose you could invite this guy over, just talk about this over a cup of coffee or something. you know, just a frank chat and establish some boundaries how to fix this problem and not get violent. then i guess you could just jerk each other off thatd be pretty cool.

mf.luder

I'm very confused. The item came from Canada but he has a friend conveniently in your neighbourhood in Australia? This is assuming the seller is also from Canada. The 4 month surface mail would seem likely.

But you purchased an item from eBay, it took too long to ship and now you don't want the item (due to whatever reason), correct?

dejay

Banned
mf.luder said:
I'm very confused. The item came from Canada but he has a friend conveniently in your neighbourhood in Australia? This is assuming the seller is also from Canada. The 4 month surface mail would seem likely.

But you purchased an item from eBay, it took too long to ship and now you don't want the item (due to whatever reason), correct?

You seem to have a reasonable grasp of the salient facts. It's easy to say "call his bluff" but when there's any chance of your wife and kids being hurt, it's not that easy.

dojokun

Banned
What's the feedback history of this seller? Hard to believe they would be able to maintain good reputation by sending items 4 months instead of 2 days, and not owning up to it. As far as his buddy being near you, that sounds doubtful since you're in different countries so it sounds like a bluff. And asking your friends to stay with your wife will lead to a Girl-Age thread.

mf.luder

dejay said:
You seem to have a reasonable grasp of the salient facts. It's easy to say "call his bluff" but when there's any chance of your wife and kids being hurt, it's not that easy.

It wasn't the calling his bluff, it was the fact that he said the person could pick up the item in person at his office, yet Brampton Ontario was mentioned a few paragraphs above. I know tickets to Aus are not cheap.

I would be concerned as well if someone was sending possible cronies my way.

dejay

Banned
mf.luder said:
It wasn't the calling his bluff, it was the fact that he said the person could pick up the item in person at his office, yet Brampton Ontario was mentioned a few paragraphs above. I know tickets to Aus are not cheap.

I would be concerned as well if someone was sending possible cronies my way.

It's one of the reasons why I always get stuff delivered at work - I don't want these people knowing where I live, and I'm single.

Thanks for taking an interest, GAF.

Update: He's responded to our compromise offer of sending the product to his Australian-based "buddy" by saying his buddy has advised him that we're guilty of mail fraud for holding on to stolen goods. Now, I have a legal background in my ancient past and I'm pretty sure this is bullshit. In any case, he's pointed this out and said this is not the course of action he'd like to pursue.

I'm beginning to believe this person is full of shit and, were I a single man, I'd do exactly what all you young 'uns are saying and tell him to go screw himself. But, since this involves my wife and two kids (one is two months old!), I'm not really game to take any chances.

dejay said:
How dangerous can a seller of stamping tools be? Can you post a link to one of their auctions so we can suss them out?

Sure...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HEAVY-DUTY-1...ultDomain_0&hash=item58896ddb36#ht_1090wt_907

Plywood said:
Tell the guy to shove the rest of his stamp tools up his ass and shit up his feedback on ebay.

Would love to, but the 45 and 60-day deadlines for lodging claims with PayPal and feedback with eBay have expired. How did this happen? He told my wife he'll give her a refund and to 'just keep it' - so she didn't file any negative feedback. Once the 61st day ticked over, he reneged and demanded she either pay or send it back.

dejay

Banned
ScientificNinja said:
Thanks for taking an interest, GAF.

Update: He's responded to our compromise offer of sending the product to his Australian-based "buddy" by saying his buddy has advised him that we're guilty of mail fraud for holding on to stolen goods. Now, I have a legal background in my ancient past and I'm pretty sure this is bullshit. In any case, he's pointed this out and said this is not the course of action he'd like to pursue.

I'm beginning to believe this person is full of shit and, were I a single man, I'd do exactly what all you young 'uns are saying and tell him to go screw himself. But, since this involves my wife and two kids (one is two months old!), I'm not really game to take any chances.

Sure...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HEAVY-DUTY-1...ultDomain_0&hash=item58896ddb36#ht_1090wt_907

Would love to, but the 45 and 60-day deadlines for lodging claims with PayPal and feedback with eBay have expired. How did this happen? He told my wife he'll give her a refund and to 'just keep it' - so she didn't file any negative feedback. Once the 61st day ticked over, he reneged and demanded she either pay or send it back.

He's got a good feedback score - looks like he goes out of his way to keep it that way.

When he sent it over, did it have a tracking number? If not, tell him you've sent it back via surface mail and keep it. Shifty yes, but a lot less than that guy.

Either that or how much do you think you'll get if you ebay it off locally? You could then use that to pay for the product and be better off than shipping it back to Canada.

How much is postage by the way?

SRG01

If he issued the refund, he cannot ask for the money back nor can he ask for the item back if he said it initially. That's like Business 101. :lol If you have email transcripts of your conversations with him, you can easily contact eBay or his local police department to stop harassing you.

edit: I keep on editing this post lol

Joe Molotov said:
1. Wait until the guy comes to your house
2. Put him in your rape room.
3. Rape him.

Easy enough. That dude won't be cheating anyone on shipping anymore.
:lol
Dude. Just give him the $60 and move on, it's not worth it for your family.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ScientificNinja said:
1. Make another account, fake address and all.
2. Buy cheapest item available.
3. Shit up feedback.
4. ????
5. Profit!

But seriously fuck this guy though, I don't buy his empty threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom