• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 has over 70 minutes of cut-scenes

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
http://www.everythingforgamers.com/news/921/killzone-3-rated-by-bbfc-over-70-minutes-of-cut-scenes/

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/ADM275923

2co0l6c.jpg

Randy

A bit of Kojima-influence. But I don't mind if the cutscenes are as good as those seen in the latest trailer.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
That seems like quite a lot for a shooter.

As long as it doesn't drag on, could be great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
To distract from the shitty gameplay?

trollface.png

Well, Uncharted 2 had 90 minutes if I remember correctly and many people where like "omg MGS" before release, and then everyone saw that the cutscenes were perfeclty implemented and didn't do anything bad to the pace of the game at all.

Of course Killzone 3 will probably be a shorter game than U2, but I don't think it will hurt the pace of the game at all. Let's say 10minutes intro (CG + In-game) and 10 minutes "last fight + outro" and only 50 minutes are left for the 6-9 hours gameplay.

angelfly

Well if they give as much back story information as was given in MGS4 then I don't really have an issue with it. That said I don't really care much from the Killzone story.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
if it's gonna be a whole 70 minutes, I expect to see some real character development

Rico needs to go from "holy fuck" to "what the fuck" to "this is fucked" to "fuck this" to "fuck yeah". I want to see some growth this time.

Yoboman

I have to say all the cutscenes have looked boring so far, they either seem to be filled with bad dialogue like "GET THE THA EVAC POINT ASAP!!!!!! THATS AN ORDER SOLJAH!!!" or filled with John Woo style arrows through the head

commissar

thanks snuggler.

Though if anyone is interested in actually clicking on the link:

Main Language: English
Distributor: Sony Computer Entertainment
Classified: 12/01/2011
Submitted runtime: 70m 0s
BBFC Reference: ADM275923

Oh noes! The game is only 70 minutes long!

Looks to me like the length of supplementary game footage given to the BBFC is 70 minutes long. As it's listed in conjunction with the actual game.
So there's probably game footage in that too.

Mountain, molehill etc. etc.
Though despite that it's probably 60 minutes cutscenes, 10 minutes gametime. Cinematic experience and so on

darkwing

commissar said:
thanks snuggler.

Though if anyone is interested in actually clicking on the link:

Main Language: English
Distributor: Sony Computer Entertainment
Classified: 12/01/2011
Submitted runtime: 70m 0s
BBFC Reference: ADM275923

Oh noes! The game is only 70 minutes long!

Looks to me like the length of supplementary game footage given to the BBFC is 70 minutes long. As it's listed in conjunction with the actual game.
So there's probably game footage in that too.

Mountain, molehill etc. etc.
Though despite that it's probably 60 minutes cutscenes, 10 minutes gametime. Cinematic experience and so on

70M runtime? shortest game ever!!

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Wouldn't this include all the bad things that could happen during gameplay? I thought I remembered them discussing this on the Kojima Productions podcast.

darkwing

BSTF said:
Wouldn't this include all the bad things that could happen during gameplay? I thought I remembered them discussing this on the Kojima Productions podcast.

yup, its ALL the scenes, including just Rico talking crap

Massa

Randy said:
A bit of Kojima-influence. But I don't mind if the cutscenes are as good as those seen in the latest trailer.

More like Naughty Dog influence, since Uncharted 2 had 90 minutes of cutscenes and was considered GOTY everywhere.

Grayman

BSTF said:
this is listed specifically as cutscenes. the "bad things" that could happen in the game are also sent in to make the ratings though. In Killzone that might be as simple as a few headshots and rico saying fuck. Metal Gear always has so many little touches that they probably have to send in a lot of gameplay.

Denzar

Bring it on. Going by the latest trailer the cutscenes look amazing.

I don't mind watching amazing looking cutscenes.

Top Bottom