• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 has over 70 minutes of cut-scenes

FFS guys, if you're gonna have RAY FKN WINSTONE aka BEOWULF aka SEXY BEAST in your game, you better goddamn well have an hour's worth of drama. Screw you haters!

xYo0l.png

Urgh at the people hating. We have no idea how the cut-scenes are implemented yet. If the recent story trailer is anything to go by, the quality of the cut-scenes is going to be excellent anyway.

I'm all for this.

Varna said:
I couldn't even sit through the trailer.

7868c9eaa99d.gif

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Crakatak187 said:
Can't believe there is bitching about this :lol
There was bitching about not enough story in KZ2, seems like GG has listened to the fans and now fans are bitching about there being too much of it without even PLAYING the game? People are never happy! That's gamers for you.

AAK

Assuming there are 12-13 missions, that means there should be around 5 minutes of cutscenes in each mission. not bad.

andycapps

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Fine, as long as the game is longer than 5:30 hours this time (and that's including one hour for the Radec fight)...

Mine was about 10 hours. You must have played on easy, which is not the way to play a Killzone game if you want to play against a competent AI.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Varna said:
I couldn't even sit through the trailer.

You couldn't sit through this trailer?

Why?, I know people have their own tastes and all that but what was so bad about it that you couldn't make to the end?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Irish said:
I really don't understand the amount of hate that cutscenes get. I can't be the only one who plays games simply because they have a visual story that lasts more than two hours, can I?

Gameplay is something I trudge through so I can see the next scene/advance the story.
You are definitely not the only one.

RustyNails said:
Nailed it. Gamers are the biggest consumer crybabies on planet earth.

Installation time: 10 minutes? FUUUUUUUU WORST GAME EVAR JESUS WHAT WILL I DO FOR 10 GODDAMN MINUTES
Cutscenes that flesh out a barebones story and give meaning to your actions? FUUUUU TOO LONG NOBODAY CARES
Minimal cutscenes? WTF IS THIS LOL NO STORY
Game is 8 hours: FUCK THIS TOO SHORT
Game is 15 hours: FUCK THIS TOO LONG
:lol So damn true.

spats

RustyNails said:
Nailed it. Gamers are the biggest consumer crybabies on planet earth.

Installation time: 10 minutes? FUUUUUUUU WORST GAME EVAR JESUS WHAT WILL I DO FOR 10 GODDAMN MINUTES
Cutscenes that flesh out a barebones story and give meaning to your actions? FUUUUU TOO LONG NOBODAY CARES
Minimal cutscenes? WTF IS THIS LOL NO STORY
Game is 8 hours: FUCK THIS TOO SHORT
Game is 15 hours: FUCK THIS TOO LONG

Don't forget "New Cole in inFamous 2 is too handsome, we want the bald and ugly one back" and when they change it back, everybody complains about them changing it.

iratA

70 Minutes.... pfft this is a non-issue. KZ3 will be a visual treat from start to finish, can't wait to see what GG have put into this one.

GeoramA

After the badass story trailer, I kinda wish it was longer than that :/

As for the whiners...who gives a shit. They clearly have an agenda so there's not point in arguing with them.

spats said:
Don't forget "New Cole in inFamous 2 is too handsome, we want the bald and ugly one back" and when they change it back, everybody complains about them changing it.
This still annoys me about every Infamous 2 thread it turns to a cesspool of image complaints.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Papercuts said:
68 minute Rico torture scene, please.

yes ,please this.

and his dishonored death scene should be in-game, as the player crush him like a bug with the exoskeleton.

Totobeni said:
yes ,please this.

and his dishonored death scene should be in-game, as the player crush him like a bug with the exoskeleton.
GG should have it as an Online cutscene. Helghast have Rico captured and is about to kill him. If ISA fails, Rico would be shot and all kind of shit before dying.

I don't even hate the guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. It would suit Helghast gaf greatly. Good thing there is no ISA gaf.

spats said:
Haha.

I love that there's more focus this time around on the cutscenes. I hope they are good, and so far they look like they might be. I am excited.

tiddles

Insane Metal said:
This seems suitable

wpid-fps.jpg

Does anyone know if the map on the left (1993) is actually from a real game, and if so, what game it's from?

I see some rooms on the right hand side which look quite "cut'n'paste", tsk tsk... :D

Facism

tiddles said:
Does anyone know if the map on the left (1993) is actually from a real game, and if so, what game it's from?

I see some rooms on the right hand side which look quite "cut'n'paste", tsk tsk... :D

it's from Doom, i think. I remember the right hand side well :lol

andycapps said:
Mine was about 10 hours. You must have played on easy, which is not the way to play a Killzone game if you want to play against a competent AI.

I played on normal. Not my fault GG can't balance their games / i'm more skilful.

Some people are just born with it.

Piggus

I don't get the hate for cutscenes. Yeah, we know it's a game. But games have evolved to a point where a big part of the appeal is the story they tell. Uncharted, RDR, etc would not have the same emotional impact without cutscenes. People who just skip everything are missing out on a lot. The only series I can think of that does good narrative without any cutscenes is he Half-Life series.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
tiddles said:

Yes it's real, it's from Doom, it's Mission 6 (Central Processing), Doom is amazing.

Irish said:
I really don't understand the amount of hate that cutscenes get. I can't be the only one who plays games simply because they have a visual story that lasts more than two hours, can I?

Gameplay is something I trudge through so I can see the next scene/advance the story.

Agree with this post, though gameplay and story is always the best mix. If the game has no real narrative I can't play it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Chauncy Talon said:
Does that mean we only receive 6-8 campaign minus the cutscenes?
Only? That's a good length, I think. First person shooters that go beyond this generally drag unless there is more to them than shooting.

I'm hoping they allow some time to simply walk through scenery and take in the atmosphere, but even that wouldn't fill enough time to extend the game to a crazy length.

With games that involve platforming and dialog, things tend to last longer as the traversal keeps the player in a room longer. In a shooter, you're always moving forward. If they try to inflate the length too much, there is a good chance we would end up with a lot of "guard this area" objectives popping up. I don't want that.

tiddles said:

I think it's from DOOM the old 2d one, with the hurty stuff and the dude up top. :)

Pimpbaa

I'd bitch about this, but I'm only gonna get it for the multiplayer (since the single player was so bad in the 2nd game).

dark10x said:
Only? That's a good length, I think. First person shooters that go beyond this generally drag unless there is more to them than shooting.

I'm hoping they allow some time to simply walk through scenery and take in the atmosphere, but even that wouldn't fill enough time to extend the game to a crazy length.

With games that involve platforming and dialog, things tend to last longer as the traversal keeps the player in a room longer. In a shooter, you're always moving forward. If they try to inflate the length too much, there is a good chance we would end up with a lot of "guard this area" objectives popping up. I don't want that.

I meant to put with the cut scenes. We are only playing 5 hours of game play with 1 hour of cinema. :-(

Yoboman

Chauncy Talon said:
I meant to put with the cut scenes. We are only playing 5 hours of game play with 1 hour of cinema. :-(
You're assuming alot. It could just as easily be 12 hours of gameplay with 1 hour of cinematics

commissar

Yoboman said:
You're assuming alot. It could just as easily be 12 hours of gameplay with 1 hour of cinematics
IMO no Killzone will ever be 12 hours. They couldn't keep the pacing going to suit the style of game.
I'd expect KZ3 to be around the same length as KZ2.

Yoboman

commissar said:
IMO no Killzone will ever be 12 hours. They couldn't keep the pacing going to suit the style of game.
I'd expect KZ3 to be around the same length as KZ2.
KZ2 was short as hell, they could easily get more out of the game

Top Bottom