• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep 2 hinted at in BbS FM hidden video?

Jigsaw

Banned
teaser trailer that is part of the secret ending in bbs final mix,all new scenes,graphics look psp-ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecy8f56CxXY

edit:

square took the video offline,new link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2D4ClOd1_0

edit 2:

direct download

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?08ddu5vaq53sdfc

some screengrabs

snapshot20110119150020vig8.png

snapshot201101191500287dsh.png

snapshot201101191501000fiy.png

snapshot20110119150113ehsp.png

snapshot20110119150126ydwe.png

snapshot20110119150130igrd.png

snapshot20110119150135jgfv.png

snapshot20110119150141xi3l.png

snapshot20110119150151ci3t.png

snapshot20110119145955ahgt.png

Oh what the fuck

edit: I wouldn't reach any conclusions about platform at this point. But yeah, looks like even more time is being bought before KH3. UNLESS this is just a tease of scenes from the Secret Episode and KH3D.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks more like Kingdom Hearts 3D stuff. 'BBS Volume 2' sounds more like the name of the secret movie rather than an actual game. By the time a PSP sequel came out, the platform would be totally dead outside of Japan anyway.

Spiegel

It doesn't have to be a psp game. Graphics are psp-quality because the secret movie is part of BBSFM+, a psp game.

For all we know, It can be a teaser for a PSP2/3DS/... game to be released in 2013.

WillyFive

Other than the last part where it specifically says 'Birth By Sleep Volume Two', I would have thunk it was just stuff for KH3D.

MAtgS

Varth said:
Looks a mix of other games' trailers and some scenes from BBsFM. I call bull.
I can tell you straight up I've never seen some of those scenes before. In particular I point out that Mickey was wearing his outfit from CoM yet there was no scenes of him standing outside of Castle Oblivion in that game.

It doesn't have to be a psp game. Graphics are psp-quality because the secret movie is part of BBSFM+, a psp game.

For all we know, It can be a teaser for a PSP2/3DS/... game to be released in 2013.
Or it could be a Wii game. It'd be nice to finally see KH series on some sort of console again. But most likely I think it'll be PSP again.

Considering how successful BBS was/is I wouldn't be surprised by an eventual "part 2" of sorts. However KH3D is the next game so for now it would plausible this would come right after that...or not all.

P.S stop trying to make sense of the plot everyone it hurts to see you in pain of what can't be comprehended.

Interesting. It could very well be a sequel to BBS.
At this point it is impossible to say what platform it will come out for, assuming it exists.

Pein

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
Dammit, i want KH3 not BbS2 .........
why? BBS is the best game in the series so far.

Isn't the BBS team doing the 3DS game, Can they handle two games at once?

Pein said:
why? BBS is the best game in the series so far.

Isn't the BBS team doing the 3DS game, Can they handle two games at once?

Well, I imagine KH3 is a ways off. So, there should be plenty of time for the BBS team to do two games. Hell, by the time Versus XIII is out, the BBS team will have done two games most likely two games in the timespan it took the KH team to do one.

Pein

Banned
mugurumakensei said:
Well, I imagine KH3 is a ways off. So, there should be plenty of time for the BBS team to do two games. Hell, by the time Versus XIII is out, the BBS team will have done two games most likely two games in the timespan it took the KH team to do one.
It has to be, I wouldn't be shocked if it misses this generation of consoles. Versus XIII doesn't even have a release date yet. That's probably why they can keep announcing these handheld titles.

Oh well I hope it comes out for PSP2.

My question is, with all the hand held editions do I need to play them all to get the full KH story or can some be skipped, and if not what order does all this nonesense happen in?!

Daft_Cat

I think volume 2 just refers to the new playable epilogue to Birth By Sleep..the rest of the scenes look basically recycled from past games, although some stuff is new..but again, it could just be part of the new episode.

Foffy

Banned
Suairyu said:
So is KH3 going to be the final chapter in the story? Is that why it hasn't been announced yet?

It's the final story in the "Xehanort" arc of the series. But this shit is getting old, really fast. You can only make side games for so long, and they've already doubled the amount of main games we have now.

Lando Jones said:
My question is, with all the hand held editions do I need to play them all to get the full KH story or can some be skipped, and if not what order does all this nonesense happen in?!

Considering the story in the KH series is hilariously convoluted, you probably will need to play them all. Which goes greatly against it's mainstream visual hook.

Foffy said:
Considering the story in the KH series is hilariously convoluted, you probably will need to play them all. Which goes greatly against it's mainstream visual hook.

Damn it!!.. it's like 10 games spanning 3 systems

Foffy

Banned
Lando Jones said:

Blame Square and Nomura for wanting this franchise to become annual. At least when other games that have timelines like Castlevania do it clearly present a game that can be an isolated tale. But with Kingdom Hearts, that has yet to ever happen. There's always some game that will have some heavy ties to something previously released, and it's also one the series major issues.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Lando Jones said:

The story is convoluted as fuck and, quite frankly, more or less godawful, so you shouldn't play the KH games for the story anyway.

LiK

GitarooMan said:
Can we just get KH3 at some point....damn Square is fucking molasses slow with their console stuff.
Thought Nomura said it won't happen until Versus is done. Keep waiting. :(

Suairyu

Banned
But won't a new console KH also be really impenetrable? I enjoyed KH's daft story. KHII on the other hand, for as far as I got, seemed really interesting but having never played the GBA game I felt a little lost.

KHIII will have, what, six games between it and II? All six of them revealing major plot points? How is anyone but the hardcore fan going to be able to follow it?

Suairyu said:
But won't a new console KH also be really impenetrable? I enjoyed KH's daft story. KHII on the other hand, for as far as I got, seemed really interesting but having never played the GBA game I felt a little lost.

KHIII will have, what, six games between it and II? All six of them revealing major plot points? How is anyone but the hardcore fan going to be able to follow it?
Just read the story wiki on them.

As far as Versus being done first, that's some piss poor planning by Square (not a surprise), they really couldn't have thought ahead and been like, hey maybe we shouldn't go 7-8 years between mainline KH games...

Combichristoffersen said:
The story is convoluted as fuck and, quite frankly, more or less godawful, so you shouldn't play the KH games for the story anyway.

You're probably right. I'll just wiki the damn story if I feel like at some point.

Anyway is this at all confirmed? Seems like a waste to not announce it yesterday at the SE event.

Edit - Nvm reread the op.

LiK

Suairyu said:

We'll get a recap for all the games probably.
and it'll be 1 hour long...

Jigsaw

Banned
square is starting to delete these secret videos from youtube,but there were so many online you should find them easily again

Foffy

Banned
Suairyu said:

It's a strange situation the series has. The first game had appeal for the most kind of players, but every other game has become increasingly dependent on already being familiar with an already previous title to even follow what's going on. Do people like Nomura honestly believe someone who hasn't played a game in the series can jump in on a game like 358 and grasp everything quickly, without doing out-of-game research about what the fuck is going on?

Wrap your head around that for a second. There's a Disney-influenced series of a video games that requires you to have an already developed knowledge of the goings on to even grasp the newer entries. Not even Yakuza or Metal Gear have it that bad...and they at least include recap information in some of the games.

Zomba13

I would not say no to more BBS. Don't know how it would fit well with the plot :)lol) though. Could be like someone said bits from 3DS and the secret movie is BBS volume 2. Or BBS Volume 2 is the new chapter of BBS final mix.
Then again it's SE so who knows?

Skilletor

LiK said:
We'll get a recap for all the games probably.
and it'll be 1 hour long...

I think that's being conservative.

I hope they have a skippable recap. They should ask if you've played the other games in the franchise before making you play through it.

Luigi87

Pureauthor said:
It's also safe to say that your avatar is too big.

Anyway, KH recap? Allow me:

pt93B.png

pdYGZ.jpg

XD
Omg... I laughed way too much at that.

EDIT: I honestly haven't laughed that hard in quite a while.

Anony

so i played BBS, finished terra and aqua awhile back
i just youtube'd ventus' ending as well as the secret ending

can a KH expert want to explain this ending to me cuz i have no clue, and i have not played 1 and 2, no spoiler for that please

I'm confused.

First Nintendo fuck off without giving us an EU 3DS price, and now something mental like this pops up. Yesterday we got a fuck ton of Versus footage.

Its like I'm in a dream.

Zomba13

Pureauthor said:
It's also safe to say that your avatar is too big.

Anyway, KH recap? Allow me:

pt93B.png

pdYGZ.jpg
XD So true.
I think one of my favourite things about the KH series is it's totally ridiculous and convoluted plot.
I think I'll play through KH1 again. Back then everything was nice and simple. Boy gets magic key, boy travels universe with duck and dog, boy saves universe from darkness. Now it's all boy is everyone, everyone is boy, boys enemy is also everyone, everyone has secret pasts.

Bebpo

Banned
Doesn't make any sense to have a BBS2 because all that stuff is happening in KH3D unless KH3D -> BBS2 is their plan. Hmmm

Top Bottom