• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cool Gaming PRINT Art?

Karish

Tence said:
I can't download the hi-res. Am I supposed to sign up first?

I'd like to grab it as well. Would I download this and then take it somewhere to have it printed high quality? Any suggestions?

reminder said:
dsc00371c7hr.jpg
What are the dimensions of this and how can I obtain it? I love it.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Blakero said:
I'd like to grab it as well. Would I download this and then take it somewhere to have it printed high quality? Any suggestions?
I had it printed using Costco's online photo center. It was cheap and the quality is terrific.

That link may be broken or something. I should be able to upload the hi-res version when I get home tonight.

Cuth

Tence said:
I can't download the hi-res. Am I supposed to sign up first?
Try this:

some other Ico pics:

(the difference between the 2 pics here is more filtering/blur in the second one, not noticeable in the small previews)

Thanks to the people who posted the pics originally: Laserschwert, Issun23, RichardAM, temp, Feindflug, Omnibus.

Karish

mik said:
I had it printed using Costco's online photo center. It was cheap and the quality is terrific.

That link may be broken or something. I should be able to upload the hi-res version when I get home tonight.

THANK YOU for finally answering a question I've been asking this whole thread :)

But now I have another question for you... did you do a canvas print or a 20x30 poster print? Just recommend my best options please

Burger

If you want to get anything printed out then these are steps I suggest.

1) Find the image you want to get printed, this is the hardest part.

2) Check the quality. You can do this using most image editing programs, hell, Preview for mac even does it. Find a setting that relates to the image size, in Photoshop this is IMAGE - IMAGE SIZE, and in Preview it is TOOLS - IMAGE SIZE. Uncheck anything that resembles "Resample Image" and then type in your physical size. For example, the ICO cover in the Mediafire account above at 600mm x 700mm is 11 PPI (Pixels per inch). This would generally be too low to print out as a poster of any sort. You should be aiming for artwork that's 80 PPI or above, but it's again relative to viewing distance.

3) Get it printed. I suggest visiting somewhere local. That way you can talk to someone face to face about your needs, look at samples of papers and get instant feedback. You may be able to find printing/framing cheaper online, but you won't necessary get the same level of customer service. Consider your framing too, there is little point getting it printed on an expensive satin paper only to put a piece of glossy glass in front of it, and visa versa.

Start your journey here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276451
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369866
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257264

Karish

Burger said:

2) Check the quality. You can do this using most image editing programs, hell, Preview for mac even does it. Find a setting that relates to the image size, in Photoshop this is IMAGE - IMAGE SIZE, and in Preview it is TOOLS - IMAGE SIZE. Uncheck anything that resembles "Resample Image" and then type in your physical size. For example, the ICO cover in the Mediafire account above at 600mm x 700mm is 11 PPI (Pixels per inch). This would generally be too low to print out as a poster of any sort. You should be aiming for artwork that's 80 PPI or above, but it's again relative to viewing distance.

3) Get it printed. I suggest visiting somewhere local. That way you can talk to someone face to face about your needs, look at samples of papers and get instant feedback. You may be able to find printing/framing cheaper online, but you won't necessary get the same level of customer service. Consider your framing too, there is little point getting it printed on an expensive satin paper only to put a piece of glossy glass in front of it, and visa versa.

Start your journey here:

THANK YOU!!!!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Burger said:
Yeah, I had the ICO cover somewhere... If I can track it down I'll let you know. I printed it out for my desk:

ibJVKI.jpg

"New Zealand - Just like Lord of the Rings"

Is that the back of one of our GDC recruitment flyers from a couple years back?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Blakero said:
THANK YOU for finally answering a question I've been asking this whole thread :)

But now I have another question for you... did you do a canvas print or a 20x30 poster print? Just recommend my best options please
They have a section called "poster boards." I got a 16x20 and it cost $14.99. Looks great. And the fact that it's printed on a thick board means I didn't have to mount it.

Karish

mik said:
They have a section called "poster boards." I got a 16x20 and it cost $14.99. Looks great. And the fact that it's printed on a thick board means I didn't have to mount it.

And then you framed it as well?

Chuckie

@cuth and reminder

Thank you very much for the hi-res versions!

To cuth: What is the actual size of your ico poster? (in cm or mm if possible haha)

ps: I subscribed to this thread... it is pure awesome

reminder

Baller said:
Wow, I'm floored by some of you guys' prints, especially reminder's. Where did you get that Helghan poster?

Amazing.

I found it here on GAF, it's in one of the huge Hi-Res Artworks threads, but i can't find it anymore. I have the image on my laptop though, so i'll upload it later when i get home from work.

Chuckie

reminder said:

I found it here on GAF, it's in one of the huge Hi-Res Artworks threads, but i can't find it anymore. I have the image on my laptop though, so i'll upload it later when i get home from work.

Awesome!

Chuckie

reminder said:
As promised, here's the Helghast original picture:

Vey cool. You said you print them 50 X 70 but it seems there is a white border on the sides if you do. Did you cut the borders off or did you crop the poster.

Metroid

1.Go to the High Res Video Game Art thread.
2. Select your favorite Art and print them in a Copy Shop in poster format.
3.?????
4.Profit

That's what I have done.

Karish

I just ordered four prints of various Orioto wallpapers (aka the best video game art ever!) as a start. If I like the way it looks around my place I will get more.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Metroid said:
1.Go to the High Res Video Game Art thread.
2. Select your favorite Art and print them in a Copy Shop in poster format.
3.Sell it
4.Profit

That's what I have done.

Fixed

Chairhome

I have a friend that did an art show at a Play n Trade a few months back. He painted these but he has prints of these if anyone is interested.
IMG_7860-vi.jpg

IMG_7861-vi.jpg

IMG_7911-vi.jpg

Roody

Neo Member
MNC said:
I totally love this one tetris poster[img][/QUOTE]
That's amazing. This thread shouldn't fall back so soon, especially when stuff like this is showing up.
[QUOTE=Chairhome].[/QUOTE]
These are great too. Does your friend have a website? I'd love to see more of his stuff.

I've been working on trying to find nice game art for my place as well.

I also [URL="http://www.society6.com/studio/immortaldesign/Phoenix_Wright_Ace_Attorney_at_Law"]recently designed a game-related poster[/URL], it's not super amazing or anything, but I'm happy with it:

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/25r1piq.jpg

There's not enough Phoenix Wright posters in the world, haha! So I figured I might as well make one myself.

RetroMG

Chairhome said:
I have a friend that did an art show at a Play n Trade a few months back. He painted these but he has prints of these if anyone is interested.

Does he have a website? I might be interested in a print of the 1up mushroom. The 1up mushroom has been kind of my 'tag' at work lately.

I'm actually really grateful for this thread. I'm setting up an office in my home which my wife and I agreed I could decorate with video game art. Lots of links to look at.

Karish

Chairhome said:
IMG_7860-vi.jpg

IMG_7861-vi.jpg

IMG_7911-vi.jpg

Definitely interested. Can you PM me the info?

Chairhome

Roody said:
That's amazing. This thread shouldn't fall back so soon, especially when stuff like this is showing up.

These are great too. Does your friend have a website? I'd love to see more of his stuff.

I've been working on trying to find nice game art for my place as well.

I also recently designed a game-related poster, it's not super amazing or anything, but I'm happy with it:

25r1piq.jpg

There's not enough Phoenix Wright posters in the world, haha! So I figured I might as well make one myself.
That's really great! I love Phoenix Wright.

Wow, thanks for the responses, I'm sure he'll be pleased! He has a deviant art page, I'll ask him what it is. The originals are still available, as far as I know. If you guys are interested in the prints or originals, I'll ask him if he's down to sell some and send them out, then you could either email him or PM me your info. Thanks!

Chairhome

EDIT: More info.
Okay, here's the info:
http://mgperez.deviantart.com/gallery/#

you can email him for prints at markgilperez@gmail.com, I think he has prints in small and large sizes. He can give you more detail. He has a Mega Man painting that i forgot to post up (see below), and some shirts available, too.

5x7 print in an 8x10 matte frame: $10
8x10 print in 11x14 matte frame: $20
Mega Man or 1-up shirt: $12

Shipping can be worked out.

I have pics of the prints if anyone wants to see them, let me know.

IMG_7863-vi.jpg

He's in a group with some of my other friends that do video game and comic related art. If you guys are interested, here's their site, and I can ask them if they want to make prints of those, too.

http://retroids.deviantart.com/

Burger said:

Start your journey here:

Thank you SO much for the info.

kylej

Banned
Going to bump this because I've had some interest after my post in the pick-up thread.

I used www.posterbrain.com to print my MGS art that I found in one of the high-res threads here. PosterBrain had no issues with it being a basic jpg and the final print looked great. The true dimensions of the image were 24x40.92 iirc, which I cropped down to 24x40 for framing's sake.

I bought a custom frame from www.wholesaleposterframes.com They cut the frame and plexiglass the same day I ordered and had it at my house in 2 days (I leave nearby though). Not as good as a true boutique custom framer but c'mon it's going to have video game art from the internet in it.

Frame was ~$95 shipped, print was ~$30 shipped.

Quite pleased with the final results. If I did it again I would use an image that prints at a more standard size. If you did an 18x24 print from PosterBrain and went to Michaels for a pre-made frame you could have a nice finished product for ~$35-40.

IMG_0316(1).JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

Top Bottom