• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When it comes to the opposite sex, what is an absolute dealbreaker for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOULaris

Mine is smoking (or really any generally unhealthy addictive habit).

woman-smoking.jpg

Of course, in reality we all tend to be more flexible when we find someone really cool/attractive, but this is my theoretical dealbreaker when it comes to the opposite sex. If a girl's a smoker, I most likely won't even bother. I wouldn't forgo the potential for a hookup, but she'd be rendered devoid of dating potential for me.

Another one would be if she's cheated before, but that's not something that I would be able to tell upon first meeting someone. Besides, once I found out I'd have to give her ONE WEEK.

What's your dealbreaker?

ScOULaris said:
Another one would be if she's cheated before, but that's not something that I would be able to tell upon first meeting someone. Besides, once I found out I'd have to give her ONE WEEK.[/B]

What the hell does that mean?

and I don't really have a deal breaker. I guess I wouldn't date a fat girl...

Handycrap101 said:
What the hell does that mean?

and I don't really have a deal breaker. I guess I wouldn't date a fat girl...

Its a joke from another thread. I forgot the OP's screen name, but he basically said if he found out one of his friends was cheating, he would give them a short time period to come clean or rat him out. So later on people were mocking him for getting in other people's business by saying ONE WEEK.

Shurs

Handycrap101 said:
I guess I wouldn't date a fat girl...

I know it sounds shallow, but I'm the same way.

I try to keep up a certain standard for myself. I expect any women I date to do the same.

Xater

Smoking is a dealbreaker for me as well. I despise it general and it does not make any difference in a dating situation.

CrankyJay

Banned
I don't think not wanting to date a fat girl is shallow. I have plenty of friends who have active lifestyles (hiking, biking, sports etc) and would like their significant others to be able to keep up.

It's an admirable quality to want to take care of yourself physically, mentially, and hygienically.

ScOULaris

CrankyJay said:
I don't think not wanting to date a fat girl is shallow. I have plenty of friends who have active lifestyles (hiking, biking, sports etc) and would like their significant others to be able to keep up.

It's an admirable quality to want to take care of yourself physically, mentially, and hygienically.
Agreed. Isn't it pretty much universal that we are less attracted to fat people? Besides, it's not just a surface-level issue. Being fat is indicative of one's habits and even personality to some extent.

Shaka

ScOULaris said:
Agreed. Isn't it pretty much universal that we are less attracted to fat people? Besides, it's not just a surface-level issue. Being fat is indicative of one's habits and even personality to some extent.
How so?
And I really don't have any deal breakers.

Alucrid

Banned
Shanadeus said:
Surprised to see so many gaffers rail against fat women.

Do you assume that we're all fat?

CrankyJay said:
I know plenty of awesome fat women, but none of them I would want to mate with for various reasons.

This too. Just because we wouldn't date someone doesn't mean we wouldn't be friends with them.

ScOULaris

Shaka said:
I'm not saying that being overweight necessarily negatively influences one's personality, but being fat unquestionably plays a part in shaping who you are and how you're perceived by others. In some cases it can shape you for the better, and in other ways it can impact you negatively.

My point was that being fat or obese has a huge impact on someone's everyday life, so how could that not affect their personality?

Sometimes it can also be indicative of a lack of willpower or addictive personality, but of course that's not the case 100% of the time.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just not being comfortable or ok with who they are. And, you know, bad hygiene.

Shurs

Shaka said:
How so?
And I really don't have any deal breakers.

I think what he's saying is that, while people can be overweight for different reasons, including genetics, in some cases people are overweight because they either lack self-control or they are eating to fill a hole in their lives.

You also have the people who constantly, publicly complain about their weight while doing absolutely nothing to get into better shape. It's tough to be around.

1. Attitude
  2. Unfaithful
  3. Disrespectful
  4. A need to be dominant
  5. Smoking
  6. Flirtatious with others
  7. Wears gym pants out in public
  8. No interest in having intellectual conversations
  9. Unwilling to show any interest to any of mine interests
  10. Has had one night stands
  11. Hates when you touch her hair
  12. Dislikes dark humour
  13. Is over 5" 9
  14. Hates sports
  15. Thinks video-gaming is for kids only
  16. Has a need to 'go out' almost every night
  17. Impulse buys expensive things and regrets it the next day
  18. Lacks imagination
  19. Thinks UFOs are just a joke
  20. Thinks popular movies are great because they're popular

Will update list when I think of anymore

Chuckie

Toe-thumbs... like those scary things Megan Fox has. They gross me out so much I get physically ill when I see them.

Anti-Vaccination supporters
Far wing political people
Vegans
Militant atheist that insults me because I do adhere to a religion
Morbidly obese
Smokers (Maybe if they worked on quitting once we were in a serious relationship and didn't smoke around me out of respect for my health issues I could date them, but if they refused it's a no-go)

Why all the hate for vegans?

I'm dating one right now, and it's cool. She's not at all preachy about it, and all the vegan food I've tried with her has been pretty damn good so far. But I can still eat meet in front of her if I so desire.

And besides, vegans have a special taste 'down there'. It's like a glorious vagitarian buffet.

ToxicAdam

Crazy trumps everything listed so far.

I used to be one of those guys that would put up with crazy women if they were smart, good in bed, hot, good career, etc etc. But in the end, it's just not worth it and you can never "fix" it.

I guess the downside is you don't really realize how crazy someone is until you are about 2-3 months in.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Egomaniac ignorant hippies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom